First Grow Ever

• Thread starter bmvortex81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bmvortex81

bmvortex81

hey mark thx for the info, i got a microscope that has 25X 50X and 100X on it and i can see em prettty good on the 25X there still clear genetics unknown it was bag sed that i goti just started flushing with straight water now

Marks370z

Marks370z

Oh I see. That's good to hear. Hopefully it's some good smoke man.

mr roboto

mr roboto

heres some pics of my girls at 7 weeks
you dont need to chech trics yet, you still have about a month left to grow....It will start to bulk up and basically double in size towards the last 2-3 weeeks. The cfl and t-5 you are using will probably need to go a few weeks on top of that month.
The pistils are still white and arent even receded yet, patience is the key to maximizing your yield grasshopper

mr roboto

mr roboto

also the burnt tips is usually an indication of over feeding. DONT go by what the bottle says!! Start at half strength and gradually increase dosage. Each strain is unique in its own way that like differnt amounts of food. Over time you will learn a lot especially if you hang out on the farm here. Good Luck

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

so do you think i should go back on nutes, cause im feeding em plain water right now and if i got a month to go i should prolly feed em sumpin just half of what i was, i was running like 1100 ppm should i just cut that in half and feed em like that for another week or two?

mr roboto

mr roboto

so do you think i should go back on nutes, cause im feeding em plain water right now and if i got a month to go i should prolly feed em sumpin just half of what i was, i was running like 1100 ppm should i just cut that in half and feed em like that for another week or two?
continue the feeding , you will see the pistils start to recede and thats the time to check trichs...your buds will swell up and flush last 2 weeks. 1100 ppm isnt a lot but the strain you have may not like it much, try dropping it 100 ppm. I dont know what strain you have so you need to play with the feeding schedule if you dont know the exact recipe. Also a free grow software is helpul in keeping records . HerbIq is a good tool and you can download it free here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/herbiq/

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

How's your ventilation? I know plants act funky when not enough fresh air and air flow

mr roboto

mr roboto

i have a small cpu fan blowing in there and i got likke a 4 inch hhole lettin air in so should b enough

u mean ph of run off i know ph in water goin in
Checking your runoff ph is a good thing to practice.......cpu fans are too weak imho. get some 6 inch clip on fans and try to increase airflow and fresh air which will give you a stronger healtier plant........I would seriously try and get a hps light in there. The added light will get your yield up and you can always get some used gear on craigslist....I know several people that scored on some good deals on there. 400 watt light would only increase your electric bill around 40 bux , 250 watt will be about 20 bux a month.......I know money is tight but thats what got me out of my slump. good luck

mr roboto

mr roboto

150 is a nice upgrade from cfl and your plants would be grateful.....actually my old ass uncle uses a 150 and always grows 2 nice plants under his,also which he picked up from cl for cheap.

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

hey everyone ive finally got my smoke dried and am in the process of curing, the RH in the jar is 58% but the temp is is only 52F is that too cold for curing? it dried at that tempany input would b great thanks

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

hey everyone ive finally got my smoke dried and am in the process of curing, the RH in the jar is 58% but the temp is is only 52F is that too cold for curing? it dried at that tempany input would b great thanks
...no, that's not too cold for curing although why you don't have it in a warmer spot in your house is beyond me.

...and don't burp again for at least a few days to see if your humidity goes up any further than 58%, ...you don't want to come down much lower than that, i shoot for mid 50's myself.

...btw, sorry to hear about yours and your wife's health problems but welcome to the site and to the hobby, i think you will both find growing weed very relaxing and therapeutic.

...also, in your next endeavor i'd strongly suggest you consider coco hempy buckets rather than DWC, ...you managed to bring this crop to fruition but not without much stress, for your plants AND for you, with coco hempy's, a passive hydroponic method, you will be able to relax and enjoy your grow.

...here's a couple of my early hempy's when i was learning the technique to give you an idea of the results, ...these were grown under a 400CMH inside a small cabinet and the pots are just 2liter Coke bottles.

DSCI0043

103 0002

103 0005

...and here is a look at the cab.

DSCI0816smll

DSCI1439smll

peace, bozo

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

thanks bud, cpl of questions 1) what would b optimum temp for curing and the reason i dont have it in a warmer part of house is i got 2 very curious kids heh but i can move it to a warmer location i have one :D next question is about your setup (currently lookin up bout passive hydro system) but in ur setup i see you have a carbon filter in your cabinet, does the exhaust exit the cabinet or is it intake for fresh air then recircualte? thanks again bud!!

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

as a parent and a grandparent myself i understand your concern regarding your children although i might suggest to you that the stigma is quickly fading away and with you and your wife having legitimate medical needs and depending on the ages of your children, you might consider being more open with the children, ...and if they are teens or nearly so they will probably already know, they are much smarter than we like to think sometimes, lol.

...anyway, that is a decision for you and your wife, i merely suggest, i don't advise, i don't know enough about your personal situation to be able to offer any advice.

as for that cab it does indeed have an exhaust with a squirrel cage blower built into the cab, if you look above the air is sucked into the scrubber, travels down the ducting and through the light and continues down and then up the ducting and through the fan and out the back of the cab. ...i think the fan is rated at 165CFM's if memory serves me and i ran that cab, with the fans running 24/7, for almost 3 years before i retired it and upgraded into a tent.

here are a few more pics from the construction phase that should clarify things for you and if you have any questions feel free to ask, that's why i'm here, to offer help if and where i am able.

...it turns out the fan is 180CFMs so age does indeed take it's toll, lol.

anyway, here is a look inside the cab after painting but before modification.

...and the fan as i begin to build it into the cab. ...i did it this way and sacrificed some of my vertical height so the cab would be more stealthy, my grobro has a cab of almost identical proportions but he chose to mount the exhaust outside the cab so as to not lose that space.

...and just to the right of that fan i continue building an exit channel for the exhaust air-flow, i designed it so the air would blow across the ballast's of the twin 150's and help to cool them.

...here are the ballast's as i wire them up prior to installation.

086smll

087smll

...and from inside the cab after installation.

088bsmll

...and from the rear, note the hole to the right of the ballasts, that's the fan's exhaust.

...here you can see the electricals i installed before i covered them up, i put a few sockets and switches in in an effort to make it flexible.

056d

...and here is a shot with the scrubber in place and the elbow leading to the fan in place but the light and ducting still to be installed. (note the plugs into those sockets i mention above)

...so that should give you a pretty good idea on how i did this build and you should know that i have no carpentry training, i'm just a dedicated stoner who had an abiding need and a very tight budget.

anyway, if you have any questions just give me a shout. ...keep in mind though that i am only one man and no expert by any stretch of the imagination so while you may like what you hear from me, don't take any of it as gospel, trust but verify EVERYTHING you hear on these boards and understand that hunting for answers is much more reliable than asking for them, ...and experience will always be your best teacher so don't be afraid to try what others tell you can't be done, ...you'll be surprised how often they will be wrong.

peace, bozo

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

wow thank you very much for the info. i have found a new spot to put my jar that is 68F i just have to see if its gonna mess with my RH ill b good to go :D thanks again for the info and if i have any other questions ill let ya know :D

Top Bottom