First Grow. White Widow, Qbs, Dwc, 4x4

• Thread starter Slappyjack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slappyjack

Slappyjack

Howdy all. I'll keep this gowing, and I'll update with more info and journal data in a little bit. Wanted to get the thread started though.

Fem White Widow from ILGM.
Germed in rapid rooters (tap water w/ 180ppm TDS)
Moved to hydro once roots were through the RR.
4 QB132 panels on for veg (300w at the wall).
TDS is 350ppm in the tanks with pH of 5.8.
Using GH3 flora. Already learned that I should have used Jack's.

I'll be asking for help, I'm sure. I try to do my research before I ask questions though. I appreciate any and all comments, critiques, criticisms.

First grow white widow qbs dwc 4x4
FrenchOG

FrenchOG

I’m in for the ride.
I’m doing my first grow as well, got a few plants in a scrog. It’s been a blast, and a lot of work. Lol! How long have you been researching before getting your setup?

Slappyjack

Slappyjack

I’m in for the ride.
I’m doing my first grow as well, got a few plants in a scrog. It’s been a blast, and a lot of work. Lol! How long have you been researching before getting your setup?
I started reading in January. Have spent a bunch of money just to ask for refunds after more reading. I'm happy with what I have now, but want to change damn near all of it. LOL. Do you have a grow thread?

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

I started reading in January. Have spent a bunch of money just to ask for refunds after more reading. I'm happy with what I have now, but want to change damn near all of it. LOL. Do you have a grow thread?
Yeah I couldn’t really make up my mind either so I bought decent but cheap stuff for my first grow then I’m gonna build up from there.

Here’s the link to my journal we just started week 4 of flower.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/first-grow-4x4-hid-system.93850/

DGP

DGP

Howdy all. I'll keep this gowing, and I'll update with more info and journal data in a little bit. Wanted to get the thread started though.

Fem White Widow from ILGM.
Germed in rapid rooters (tap water w/ 180ppm TDS)
Moved to hydro once roots were through the RR.
4 QB132 panels on for veg (300w at the wall).
TDS is 350ppm in the tanks with pH of 5.8.
Using GH3 flora. Already learned that I should have used Jack's.

I'll be asking for help, I'm sure. I try to do my research before I ask questions though. I appreciate any and all comments, critiques, criticisms.
Not a big deal but you could save some extra heat load on your system by putting the LED drivers outside the tent. Beauty of a light though. What's not to love about QB boards:).

Dee

Slappyjack

Slappyjack

Slappyjack

Slappyjack

Not a big deal but you could save some extra heat load on your system by putting the LED drivers outside the tent. Beauty of a light though. What's not to love about QB boards:).

Dee
I'm probably going to be moving them. One of the power supplies is more sensitive to the heat from the boards than the other. If I don't watch it, it starts the 4 corners flashing.

DGP

DGP

I'm probably going to be moving them. One of the power supplies is more sensitive to the heat from the boards than the other. If I don't watch it, it starts the 4 corners flashing.
That sounds a little weird since those drivers are specified to go to 80 deg. C!. Something else must be causing the intermittent behavior. Check your connections etc. If it isn't a connection it may be a flakey driver....don't know.

Dee

Slappyjack

Slappyjack

That sounds a little weird since those drivers are specified to go to 80 deg. C!. Something else must be causing the intermittent behavior. Check your connections etc. If it isn't a connection it may be a flakey driver....don't know.

Dee
It'll run 24/7 with that fan on it. I turn the fan off and it'll go for a while, but then it'll start 1 second on 1 second off. It's stops flashing within 10 seconds of turning the fan back on.

Slappyjack

Slappyjack

And the board under it is running off the other power supply. The one with no issues.

DGP

DGP

It'll run 24/7 with that fan on it. I turn the fan off and it'll go for a while, but then it'll start 1 second on 1 second off. It's stops flashing within 10 seconds of turning the fan back on.
Weird cause I don't see how you could be reaching 80 C on the supply but either way get it out of the tent and see what happens, I'll be curious to see how it comes out.

Dee

Slappyjack

Slappyjack

They're both starting to lean towards the center of the tent. Are they chasing light? The fixture is 4.5' above them because they're so young, and I've read/been told to keep some distance with these boards until they're a little bigger.

Lessons learned so far...
Soak seeds for 24hrs next time.
Wait longer to put them in hydro if possoble.
Switch to Jacks nutes.
Flush hydro for more than an hour (I think anyways. Something's causing me to use a lot of ph down).

DGP

DGP

For me the nice thing about Jack's is when I mix the 321 ratio my ph always hits 5.9 to 6.0 even though my water is not even close to where I need it.

Dee

DGP

DGP

Looks like you put your buckets through openings in the bottom of your tent and insulated the bucks as well. Very cool (pun intended). I was going to pursue the same plan Iin my veg tent....

Dee

Slappyjack

Slappyjack

I cut the buckets down and used them as spacers for 10 gallon totes. It lets me keep around 7.5 gallons in the totes. Insulation is a must for my area. It'll be a dry 110° in a couple on months. I've got plans for a chiller already.

20180315 140453
Slappyjack

Slappyjack

For me the nice thing about Jack's is when I mix the 321 ratio my ph always hits 5.9 to 6.0 even though my water is not even close to where I need it.

Dee
I think I'm going to order some now. I just don't like the fact that I've got 3 gallons of GH3 that is going to turn into $75 wasted. I've already gone through 1/3 bottle of ph down though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom