First journal - OG grow

• Thread starter Mike Hawk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

What's up farmers! Decided to do my first journal. I'm still somewhat of a newb so please feel free to point out any issues or helpful tips with my setup.

I am running SFV OG, Louie 13 OG, and Tahoe OG (this is my first og grow btw). The others on the side are gsc forum cut and xxx (pre98 bubba x master) that I am mothering out. They are in a mix of fox farm and super soil. The others are in 2 gallon smart pots of coco/perlite. Everything from Progressive Options. I treated them for pm and bugs when I got them a couple weeks ago and so far they look great.

Going to be scrogging 5 under a 600 hortilux eye, on a raised table using most of the heavy 16 line plus caps bennies and big bud, moab, sea green and cannazym. 2x4x5 tent.

The only issues I see so far are a couple white spots (possibly from foliar spraying with lights on idk) and some weird leaf curl on my gsc in the soil.

First journal   og grow
First journal   og grow 2
First journal   og grow 3
First journal   og grow 4
First journal   og grow 5
First journal   og grow 6
First journal   og grow 7

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

Also I'm not sure why some pics post sideways :confused:

Canappa

Canappa

Pics going sideways, lol It happens to the best of us, still dont know why it happens. As for the pic looks like a nute problem to me not to sure. More info about your nutes and feedings might help also. besides that you have some good gear to work with.

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

The twisting leaf in the soil mix has been getting nothing but water and compost tea.

The others have been getting 10ml/gallon heavy 16 a and b, 1ml/gallon of rapid start and orca, 5ml/gallon of heavy 16 prime, 1ml/gallon sea green. Feed drain to waste every watering (which hasn't been too often as they're not drinking much yet) with 5.8ish ro water.

I have foliar sprayed twice with heavy 16 foliar and once with compost tea, all with the lights on. I figured it would be ok since my light is pretty high. I also dipped them outside for pm/bugs and they sat in the sun all day. So I figured that's possibly where those couple light spots came from, but I'm not sure.

Canappa

Canappa

Try laying of the foliar feeding for two reasons , one so she can start using her roots to feed and second feeding with the lights on could burn the plants if water remain on the leaves the with lights on. I foliar feed but with a very fine mist every day first thing in the morning during early veg. Then go less as it grows it roots strength. Also I never follow the full strength nutes to start of with, First I use a 1/4 of recommended feeding and raise from there till I fine her sweet spot I like to call it.

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

I think PO gave me the old switch a roo on this king louie og. It is compact bushy and super branchy while all others are viney and tall growing. I'm not going to chance finding out that it's something else so I pulled it.

What do we have here? A gorilla glue #4 clone. I'm going to replace that bunk king louie with this lil girl let it veg for a few days, take a few clones from her then flip.

Been doing lots of topping. I took those mini mothers out, put them in their own space elsewhere and put the screen up a few days ago.

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

Been tying down lots of tops these past couple days. I have a feeling I'm going to have my hands full when I flip the light, as I have exactly 2 feet between the top of my screen and the bottom of my glassed hood. I'm trying for this weekend. Just waiting for that gorilla glue #4 clone in the corner to gain some momentum.

I eased up on the nutrients, going from about 1050 ppm to around 700 ppm, and they have responded really well.

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

Nothing really exciting going on yet. Entering week 2 and the stretch seems to have slowed a bit. I'm not sure if I should keep tying down new growth or let them grow upwards now. I have 2 feet between the screen and my light. The sfv is the least stretchiest cut for sure out of them. Seems to have a sturdier and more compact frame too.

I added 1 tsp moab/5 gallons and 1ml/gallon of h16 fire the first week and they loved it. There's already tons of little buds forming. Definitely faster flowering onset with the moab which I never used before. This week I stopped the moab and added 2 ml/gallon fire and they are showing slight burn. Will go back to 1ml before adding big bud for a few weeks and go from there.

Took some cuts a few days ago from them. I should have a nice little stable of mothers soon.

N

nightmarecreature

Sorry bro, but you need to get to work quick. PO gave you broadmites! You have the symptoms but they don't look out of control yet, it looks like you knocked them back. What did you treat them with? Broadmites are a pain in the ass to get rid of! I would just finish flowering and clean up the clones.

Last edited:
N

nightmarecreature

Egg
What you need to do is go to your hydro store and purchase a 60x scope or loop. Then check the underside of any leafs that are mottled or twisting. Broads are hard to spot but the eggs are easy to catch.

Last edited:
Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

I have a scope and I check them thoroughly on a daily, haven't seen anything.

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

Mike, did you say you had broad mites or is this just an assumption? I bet nmc is basing this on the twisting and the yellow spots. Although he could be correct you can see the same types of things from a messed up ph balance or many other possibilities beside broad mites, shit root aphids would exhibit the same type of problems. I would just keep checking your ladies on the regular, as you say you do and you should be fine, although it is quite possible. Good luck shit looks very proper so far:)

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

Mike, did you say you had broad mites or is this just an assumption? I bet nmc is basing this on the twisting and the yellow spots. Although he could be correct you can see the same types of things from a messed up ph balance or many other possibilities beside broad mites, shit root aphids would exhibit the same type of problems. I would just keep checking your ladies on the regular, as you say you do and you should be fine, although it is quite possible. Good luck shit looks very proper so far:)
It was an assumption from the pics I guess. The couple of yellow spots and twisting shown in the first pics are from when the clones were first obtained, and that was only on one or two of the leaves. I don't have any twisting or spots anymore. They seem to be thriving in their environment. Thank you sir :)

N

nightmarecreature

Maybe you killed them. Some leaves even in your latter pics look suspect. In the first couple pics, those plants no doubt have broadmites. Ive had every type of problem at one point. The first GSC cuts i bought had broadmites. Hot water dunks cured them. Even AVID doesnt work on some broads.
Leaves curling or twisting, plus edges of leaves curling up, along with mottling. Thats not PH or nutes. Broadmites tend to make leaves curl down, while cyclamen mites make leaves curl up.

Progressive options knows they have broadmites. Why else would they post this on their site?
http://pogenetics.com/?page_id=389

N

nightmarecreature

It was an assumption from the pics I guess. The couple of yellow spots and twisting shown in the first pics are from when the clones were first obtained, and that was only on one or two of the leaves. I don't have any twisting or spots anymore. They seem to be thriving in their environment. Thank you sir :)
Its not the yellow spots. There's mottling, on some of your leaves, thats a sure sign of broads. You probably knocked them back but i doubt they are gone.

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

I guess we will see. But like I said I inspect them daily with a scope and besides a couple fungus gnats there's nothing out of the ordinary. They also get a weekly root drench and foliar of ogbiowar tea.

N

nightmarecreature

PO definately gave you broad infected cuts. Ah! I think the biowar foliar could have probably ended their reign!

Your plants look 10x better than when PO first gave them to you!

I hear horror stories about broads turning clone onlys into duds. I had them at one time and it didnt do anything like that.

K

knubs

PO definately gave you broad infected cuts. Ah! I think the biowar foliar could have probably ended their reign!

Your plants look 10x better than when PO first gave them to you!

I hear horror stories about broads turning clone onlys into duds. I had them at one time and it didnt do anything like that.

i don't know... it doesnt necessarily look like he has broads. i saw some curling that did look like it in a few pics, but it might have been heat stress or something. the new pics look clean though. if it were broads those plants wouldn't have made it so far and they definitely wouldnt look that good. i will honestly be AMAZED if PO let out clean cut.

Top Bottom