First time using flood and drain hydroponics, I need help!!!!

• Thread starter EL APACHE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kushluvr

kushluvr

so can i just peel half of the plastic from the bottom half of my rockwool and place some hydroton under the cube and then place hydroton all around the cube? or do i need to get some baskets and place the cube into it? im hoping i can get a good yeald so what ever i need to do i will.....

You dont need to even peel the plastic around the cubes, just fill the tray with hydroton balls, then run the system, so it fills with water/nutes, then like dirt, dig your hand in the balls till you see water then put the cube just at the top of the water, just so the bottom 1/4-1/2 inch gets wet.

I use the 1.5 inch cubes for clones, then I transfer them to 3" cubes so the roots get long and strong before flower. then I place hydroton in square pots high enough so the bottom of the cube will get wet, place the cubes in the pot then cover the cube with more balls, to minimize algae growth on the cubes! Then place the pots in the tray with no hydroton in the tray, much,much cleaner! I tried it the other way just as an experiment! Its gonna be alot more clean up time then I wanted, but the grow looks amazing, so we'll just have to wait and see!

In the first 2 pics those are OGKUSH day 26 flwr 1000w 4x4 tent in baskets with hydroton in 1.5" cubes from clone!

the 2nd 2 are the same OG AND OG#18 DAY 7 in 6" "sure to grow" cubes on top of a bed of hydroton, this is the tester(I decided to do the test after the roots were though the baskets, that why I have baskets in this room, also a 4x4, but its a 600w!)

Look at my avatar.......anything look familiar??? in just a couple of weeks these pics will be identical to my avatar! I cant wait........Im out of OG smoke, just some blue dream and I dont care for it to much....its weak shit!

hope this helps

IMG 1587
IMG 1585
IMG 1580
IMG 1579
C

Chris1

Thats under a 600 kush? Looks nice and lush. How long do you veg?

kushluvr

kushluvr

Thats under a 600 kush? Looks nice and lush. How long do you veg?

About a week or so.............the bud shots are 1000w and the scrog room is 600.....soon to have a cool tube, filter, fan setup. Summer is coming! I actually was thinking of doing just outdoor this summer! I have no A/C in my house or garage!:confused0054:

oh yeah, their that lush bcuz I just cut all the main collas off the day before flower......clones! Only the best for my lights!

Thanks again!

KUSH

kushluvr

kushluvr

The pic is a little deceiving, their perfect green BTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Floranova grow and bloom!

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

You dont need to even peel the plastic around the cubes, just fill the tray with hydroton balls, then run the system, so it fills with water/nutes, then like dirt, dig your hand in the balls till you see water then put the cube just at the top of the water, just so the bottom 1/4-1/2 inch gets wet.

I use the 1.5 inch cubes for clones, then I transfer them to 3" cubes so the roots get long and strong before flower. then I place hydroton in square pots high enough so the bottom of the cube will get wet, place the cubes in the pot then cover the cube with more balls, to minimize algae growth on the cubes! Then place the pots in the tray with no hydroton in the tray, much,much cleaner! I tried it the other way just as an experiment! Its gonna be alot more clean up time then I wanted, but the grow looks amazing, so we'll just have to wait and see!
You got a nice garden going there Kush!!!! If my garden looks half as nice as yours does, I will be so happy. I wish you lived close by so I can smoke half of that shit!!!!! Lol:rollj:

In the first 2 pics those are OGKUSH day 26 flwr 1000w 4x4 tent in baskets with hydroton in 1.5" cubes from clone!

the 2nd 2 are the same OG AND OG#18 DAY 7 in 6" "sure to grow" cubes on top of a bed of hydroton, this is the tester(I decided to do the test after the roots were though the baskets, that why I have baskets in this room, also a 4x4, but its a 600w!)

Look at my avatar.......anything look familiar??? in just a couple of weeks these pics will be identical to my avatar! I cant wait........Im out of OG smoke, just some blue dream and I dont care for it to much....its weak shit!

hope this helps

kushluvr

kushluvr

Thanks bro...I figure if Im gonna do it, do it right but keep it simple!

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

Well so far my First grow has been a total pain in the ass! Now I think I have some kind of bug eating my shit! But I just can't see anything. I have seen a fruit fly or two, that I was able to kill. But it has to be something else, cuz thy are eating all the tops while the lights are off. What the hell do I do?. What kind of spray do I use?

R

RMCG

Those aren't fruit flies...

They are fungus gnats and you probably have larva. Check your roots.

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

I'm using 6x6 rockwool cubes over some hydroton. And from the roots that stick out the bottom I can't see any larva? Should I just pick threw the rockwool? What about damaging the roots if I do that?
I will post some pics of damaged plant so u can see what I'm talking about. But I need my wife to come home with the camera.
I feel like just tossing everything in the trash and just going to my local club for my meds. This just fu&kn suks.

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

Well i fixed all the issues i was having with bugs. and finally my girls started to just take off. I was so close to just starting all over... lol but im glad i didnt, because im not a quitter.
Now that my plants have started to take off im starting to screen and train my plants using the scrog method in hope of an even cannopy and a good yeald for my first grow. I topped my plants in week 3 of veg and now i have lots of new growth.
thanxs to all who gave me advice in my dark hours.... lol
i will post pics as soon as i can, so i can get some more advice from all you farmers...

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

thanx RMGC...
Here are some pics of my girls...
So now i posted them up for two reasons, 1 is cus i wanted to show all you guys my progress and 2 because i want you guys to give my some pointers in what im doing. remember this my first grow EVER!. thanx all you guys.

IMG 0034
IMG 0029
IMG 0031
kushluvr

kushluvr

thanx RMGC...
Here are some pics of my girls...
So now i posted them up for two reasons, 1 is cus i wanted to show all you guys my progress and 2 because i want you guys to give my some pointers in what im doing. remember this my first grow EVER!. thanx all you guys.

Everything looks pretty good bro.......... what I would do is zip tie the netting to the polls inside the tent and lift it up 10-12 inches! there gonna stretch most likely so u need to expect 2-3 times the height from day 1 of flower! like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG 1621
IMG 1629
IMG 1628
IMG 1617
kushluvr

kushluvr

oh yeah heres some pics of those girls flowering, this was bout 5 days ago!!!!!!!!

IMG 1640
IMG 1635
IMG 1634
IMG 1641
stickyicky

stickyicky

Nice work Apache. Plants look happy.

One thing. I think you may be a little premature with the netting. When the stretch starts your gonna have it around the knee's. I wait till approx. 2-wks into flower myself.

Good Luck,

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

here are the last pics of my girls as teenagers, tomarrow at 8 pm they go to flower. i hope it all goes ok.

IMG 0036
IMG 0035
IMG 0038
C

Chris1

Good call on raising the net that thing woulda been worhtless 2 weeks into flower. Looks pretty sweet to me man, I'm thinking of running a table on my next run...

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

So I noticed that some of my plants are starting to get little holes on the new growth. I think is some kind of bug. Have any of you used liquid lady bugs, for pest problems on your gardens?

hiboy

hiboy

Nice work Apache. Plants look happy.

One thing. I think you may be a little premature with the netting. When the stretch starts your gonna have it around the knee's. I wait till approx. 2-wks into flower myself.

Good Luck,

Word on early bird with netting. My first netting is about 24" above the medium, then another about 12" above that.
hiboy

Top Bottom