First time using flood and drain hydroponics, I need help!!!!

• Thread starter EL APACHE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiboy

hiboy

Since your noticing pests i would delay the flip to flower until u spray those suckas and treat them. Not good to do it when flowering, course the first week u can slip by.
You might wana trim the unwanted lower parts of the girls, put the power to them tops
hiboy

Onespark

Onespark

Dude forget the coco matts and just stack your cubes on top of one another. Matts are not a clean set up, imo,
hiboy

Ya not feeling the matts either. I do the same as others have said but I flood 4 times a day for 10 minutes once things root out and take off. I have had explosive growth with that in RW E&F tables. You are looking good! I think you are gonna have some great looking ladies at the end of your first run!

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

Thanx all for your feedback. It has all been so helpfull, but now i have one more question for all you. In regards to HIBOY's comment about trimming all the lower veg on my plants. So i have 9 plants total in a 4x4 tent. so should i just leave the four biggest tops on each plant or how

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

Thanx all for your feedback. It has all been so helpfull, but now i have one more question for all you. In regards to HIBOY's comment about trimming all the lower veg on my plants. So i have 9 plants total in a 4x4 tent. so should i just leave the four biggest tops on each plant or how should i go about trimming. im in my first week of flowering, so should i wait till the end of week 2 after the stretch or should i trimm small amounts from the bottom? What about possibly trimming too much and then the plants going into some kind of shock? and what about the ppms? do i keep a normal feeding schedule after i trim them? Im just totally lost and i dont want to fuck shit up or make more work for myself. Thanx again in advanced my fellow FARMERS. When i finally decide to trim i will post before and after pics so that i can get some more tips from you guys.........
One more question for you guys, have any of you guys used or heard of LIQUID LADY BUGS? does it work and is it safe to use after i start to get my buds in?

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

Here are some pics of my girls, finally growing hairs!!!!!! day 14 of flower....:bongsmi:

Photo
sincethe80s

sincethe80s

Thanx all for your feedback. It has all been so helpfull, but now i have one more question for all you. In regards to HIBOY's comment about trimming all the lower veg on my plants. So i have 9 plants total in a 4x4 tent. so should i just leave the four biggest tops on each plant or how should i go about trimming. im in my first week of flowering, so should i wait till the end of week 2 after the stretch or should i trimm small amounts from the bottom? What about possibly trimming too much and then the plants going into some kind of shock? and what about the ppms? do i keep a normal feeding schedule after i trim them? Im just totally lost and i dont want to fuck shit up or make more work for myself. Thanx again in advanced my fellow FARMERS. When i finally decide to trim i will post before and after pics so that i can get some more tips from you guys.........
One more question for you guys, have any of you guys used or heard of LIQUID LADY BUGS? does it work and is it safe to use after i start to get my buds in?

i cut the ALL the bottom growth that are not part of the canopy in week 2 and all the new bottom growth in first day of week 3. it hurt me the first time i ever did it because i took off alot. you probably need to put another trellis net on week 4.

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

Yea i noticed that the last week they really took off. I have started to remove lots of the bottom stuff already, but i have been doing it a bit at a time, i just dont want to send the plants into shock. and i did figure that i would need a nother screen in the next weeks. they stink so bad!
I cant believe that i made it this far on my first grow ever. i started with zero knowlege on day one..... all i knew about weed was how to roll it up and smoke it. so im happy with the way things look so far.. Thank your THC FARMERS......

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

im the opposite, i strip it all at once and again at first day of week 3 because i think if i do a lil at a time it stresses them out more. i dont know!! im still new at this myself. keep doing what your doing looks like your on the right path.

hiboy

hiboy

Look like you did nicely on that trim job. If ya never done it before it seems kinda wrong, but no worries those tops will take off nicely. Youll actually wish you took more off probably. Happens to me now and then.
hiboy

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

Look like you did nicely on that trim job. If ya never done it before it seems kinda wrong, but no worries those tops will take off nicely. Youll actually wish you took more off probably. Happens to me now and then.
hiboy

i know what you mean, after i finished trimming i was left with a 5 gal bucket more than half way full with trimmings. i will keep an eye on it and decide this next week if i will take more off.

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

well you guys i havent posted any pics in a while so here are some. im in the first day of week 5. please let me know what u guys think.

IMG 0101
IMG 0099
hiboy

hiboy

Definitley look green and healthy, frost coming up on the buds nicely. THey do look very thick and bushy,, baby got back :rastadancing:
hiboy

A

autogagy

water ur plants 4 the first few days throgh the topp with rhizotonic til roots r nice and strong then every 3 hours even in dark cycle note at later stage of bloom wen plants r large they wil need 2 b fed every 1 to 2 hours good luck

D

DoLLa420

They look good dude.. great for a first hydro grow...Im shocked it wasnt asked what wattage you got those ladies under..so Im asking for the commune..lol

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

They look good dude.. great for a first hydro grow...Im shocked it wasnt asked what wattage you got those ladies under..so Im asking for the commune..lol

I'm using a 600 watt phs. And it's all in a 4x4 tent.

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

First of all i want to thank all the people that helped me out on my first grow. and now here are the pics of my plants on the last week of flower, "Flushing". they look so good, i think the pic doesnt do them justice!!!
i have had so many problems loading my pics to this website, so i was only able to load this pic. i wish i could load all of the pics i have on my camera......

IMG 0131
altimood

altimood

Thought that's what you meant HB. Shine that ish on. What are you stackin ? 4 inchers? 4 on 6? Just curious...

Latest posts

Top Bottom