Gavita pro 600 / LEP 300 PLASMA test

• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

reggiebaseball

how much heat does the 600 throw off?
I am intrigued by their 1000w with the double ended phillips green power bulb, but with no accommodations for cooling through the refleector I think it might be too hot unless you run a sealed room with tons of AC.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Well I have these 2 600w 400v units running with the LEP which is now vented into the tent. Dr150 tent with 8 inch silent exhaust and 6 inch in. 800 cmh out 325 in.

Ambient temps in room with tent in is at 21-23 deg. With lights on for 12 hours at canopy level the temp is around 27 deg. So just right really. I am getting similar temps or perhaps slightly lower than when I hade two normal digi 600s in blockbuster shades.

The lack of shades in the exhaust ducting makes it so much more efficient at venting.

Plus these lights run slightly cooler than there normal hps counterparts.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
A single 1000 would be cooler in the tent then these 2 600s but I prefer a better spread that 2 600/ give as apposed to 1000

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Goddam, that's a seriously full canopy, lots of meaty tops that produce big... Following closely herb m8. Peace

G81. :banana1sv6:

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks bro

Ok, day 17 flower update.

They have been getting a wee bit of cal mag to sort out the Chemdog D and it has pretty much done the trick.

They will also be moving to full stregth Sup Potash and Headmasta from day 21.

I will also be tackling putting in the support net during the week. Not looking forward to that.

gavitaday17flower_1_.JPG

gavitaday17flower_2_.JPG

gavitaday17flower_3_.JPG

gavitaday17flower_4_.JPG

gavitaday17flower_5_.JPG

gavitaday17flower_6_.JPG

gavitaday17flower_7_.JPG

gavitaday17flower_8_.JPG

gavitaday17flower_9_.JPG

gavitaday17flower_10_.JPG

gavitaday17flower_11_.JPG

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Expensive light but look at the results. Gorgeous. Have fun putting up that net!!!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Looking fantastic. Really like the color and vigor thus far. What if any specific differences do you expect the LEP to make in your particular grow compared to what you've seen in past runs?

619ster

619ster

Wow man those LEP's are kicking ass so far!! Been watching the show, but I gotta get my sub in now, and make my mark. Last I checked you had just flipped, and for 17 days in I'd say those plants look amazing, and promising. Do you know if Gavita has lamps that work in America? I'm confused but have not looked into it lately, but is there a unit compatible to run on 120v? Or 240v?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Wow man those LEP's are kicking ass so far!! Been watching the show, but I gotta get my sub in now, and make my mark. Last I checked you had just flipped, and for 17 days in I'd say those plants look amazing, and promising. Do you know if Gavita has lamps that work in America? I'm confused but have not looked into it lately, but is there a unit compatible to run on 120v? Or 240v?

Yes, these are currently available for sale here in the States.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Whats your estimated yield with this setup?
Those lights are the BEST there is at this
time anywhere in the world, props!!!!!!!

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Herb, do think you may pull a record amount considering an extra 300watts (I know I shouldn't use that measure :) ? Looking super sexy, will you keep all those tops? Lots of removal of fans for sure huh?

Mines lookin decent compared to yours :) holla at you soon.

Peace

G81

321abc

I know cba likes to stir things up but in reality there will not be (any) new model available on the market before August next year. There are not even final specs for a new emitter yeat and Luxim already changed the specs a few times. They show prototypes but they are not even near to pre production models. All our fixtures go through UL/CSA/CE/FCC etc. which is a long process too.
I dont mean to "stir" things up. Just looking forward to a LEP that will be productive. Im glad that there are no "final" specs because this means that there might be a chance of the spectrum being fine tuned for growing needs, the current lack of red and the need for HPS to be used is not ideal. Lets hope they up the wattage from 450w to 600w to really see something special. Although the current specs do look good, 45,000 lumens is double that of current model, thats in the ball park of a 400w hps.

I remember LUXIM saying that they would be looking into developing a specific red spectrum LEP for flowering. Wonder how that is going.

- 1000W Philips 400V Double ended: 2000 micromoles
- 300W LEP: 300 micromoles

So you would more look at SIX leps to compete with 1000W HPS.
That really sums it up. Though to be precise you would need closer to SEVEN than six yeah if my math is correct? (7x 300 = 2100 / 6x 300 = 1800) Still early days though for LEP. Can only get better and come August, hopefully they will have something better on offer.

Did you ever get scientific analysis conducted to support the claim of "better quality grown under LEP?" Because that argument is used with LED as well. Would be good to share that information for anyone looking at purchasing one of these high quality expensive lighting source.

theherbalizor,
Looking good, though can you explain any benifit of the 300w LEP to justify the expense at present? Any different growth characteristics, better flower development or structure directly below the LEP? Can you notice anything at all with the 1200w of power from the HPS? Anything at all that a 400w M/H or CMH could not provide as a cheap replacement of the LEP (not including the heat)?

nuttso

nuttso

fantastic plants my friend. thx for sharing knownledge with us. knownledge is the only thing that doubles when it is shared

ttystikk

ttystikk

fantastic plants my friend. thx for sharing knownledge with us. knownledge is the only thing that doubles when it is shared

That and love, my brother. Never forget love, otherwise why bother with a girlfriend? lol

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for all the kind words.

Kind of what i was thinking also TTY.... I have something special for the ladies that almost doubles when shared. Lol. Nasty joke, lowering the tone. Sorry any ladies who may be following.

Greens yeah this is looking the best run so far. The most amount of bud sites or such size for such an early stage. Best I have had from the tent is about 60 there abouts, but that was just 2 600w with seedling run, no veg. Actually it pulled nearer 70 with popcorn.

I hope for at least 1500g from this. Looking that way. I will not be removing much leaf tho until around day 45 onwards. As leafs are where all the magic happens. Perhaps If this was a sog then yes I would remove some but as it only 9 plants I they get all the energy they need going to the buds be there a leaf in way or not.

321' these plasmas are amazing. I would not be replacing all my veg systems with them if I did not like them. I had decided to do this only ten days into using them. As documented in this thread a few times.

Benefits are that I was able to soley veg under this 300w plasma. Nothing else. Filled the whole 1.5m x 1.5 m tent with full spectrum spread. All plants grew evenly even to the outer extremities. I would struggle to achieve this in the same size tent with a 600w mhal. I would normally be using a coupe of 600w for that space towards the end of veg.

I would normally also veg for 6 weeks for 9 plants. Here i have vegged for 30 days only and they seam over vegged. Lol.

The quality of the plant shines thru. And whilst led companies do indeed claim that led bud is betteer, from my extensive tests I would disagree. Most couldnt tell the difference between my hps v led bud, but I could.

The one thing you wont find gavita claiming is a load of bs hype like other manufactures of lights generate. Mainly because their background is real science which can indeed be followed up on and checked at their production facilities. At the end of the day, I know whom I would rather invest my money with. The r&d company of Philips and osram or the Plethora of Chinese companies that sell all these other new types of lights thru alibaba. Com.

Whilst gavita do not claim their plasma to be the best thing for flower. Mainly because nothing beats the par output per wattage input than a hps, what they do claim the LEP will do is 100% accurate and noticeable on the plants within a few days of getting the lights running.

I have already noticed my veg room electricity bill dropping, by half. Nice.

Reducing my carbon footprint. Caring for nature.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Sometimes the subjective observations from a seasoned knowlegable grower is worth more than its weight in 'facts'.

I look forward to seeing the windup on this, for sure!

W

whitalon

wow

Where to start... one of the (if not THE) most informative unbiased threads in any cannabis forum I have read this year. I read a ton, post 1 to the end las t night cause I couldn't stop. I hae a newfound love for gavita and their attention to detail and NO B.S. approach to an industry full of crazy marketing claim. I'm looking forward to trying plasma out in the near future but I read numerous times you had good pricing till new years day? I would like to see/hear it please.
Ok, now why i'm really here, after this thread I am now interested in luxim and gavita again. I had sort of dismissed luxim until I found out Gavita was involved and trolled the internets until I found international plasma out of british columbia. They have a system IN DEVELOPMENT, repeat IN DEVELOPMENT and not commercially available but due 2012 when I spoke with them on the phone. Appearantly it is dimmable from 1300w input to much lower and with claims of amazing spectrum, super low heat, high energy efficacy and such, I wanted you to dismiss it for me so I can buy a Gavita. As much as I love to learn and consider myself fairly intelligent, you easily demonstrated your interest and love for lighting and new tech. I will be following closely like so many others. Plasma-i.com. would loe to be educated about sulphur plasma and why you "wouldn't touch it with a barge pole" thanks again Herb. Amazing stuff here, you too Wazzup.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Would those lights work in a sealed room? since they produce such low heat.
Well what I'm trying to say is would a smaller a/c unit do the job instead of a huge
a/c by using those lights?

321abc

Thanks for all the kind words.
321' these plasmas are amazing. I would not be replacing all my veg systems with them if I did not like them. I had decided to do this only ten days into using them. As documented in this thread a few times.

Benefits are that I was able to soley veg under this 300w plasma. Nothing else. Filled the whole 1.5m x 1.5 m tent with full spectrum spread. All plants grew evenly even to the outer extremities. I would struggle to achieve this in the same size tent with a 600w mhal. I would normally be using a coupe of 600w for that space towards the end of veg.

I would normally also veg for 6 weeks for 9 plants. Here i have vegged for 30 days only and they seam over vegged. Lol.

The quality of the plant shines thru. And whilst led companies do indeed claim that led bud is betteer, from my extensive tests I would disagree. Most couldnt tell the difference between my hps v led bud, but I could.

The one thing you wont find gavita claiming is a load of bs hype like other manufactures of lights generate. Mainly because their background is real science which can indeed be followed up on and checked at their production facilities. At the end of the day, I know whom I would rather invest my money with. The r&d company of Philips and osram or the Plethora of Chinese companies that sell all these other new types of lights thru alibaba. Com.

Whilst gavita do not claim their plasma to be the best thing for flower. Mainly because nothing beats the par output per wattage input than a hps, what they do claim the LEP will do is 100% accurate and noticeable on the plants within a few days of getting the lights running.

I have already noticed my veg room electricity bill dropping, by half. Nice.

Reducing my carbon footprint. Caring for nature.
Absolutely no disputing that it appears to be a fantastic vegetation light. Imagine what could be achieved with a better tuned spectrum for flowering and a fair increase in power. Thanks for your reply and look forward to your end results.

R

reggiebaseball

Herbie,
Have you ever used T5HO for vegging- how would that compare to the LEP?
I know you said you would replace 600w of T5 with the lep, but Iwas wondering qualitative comparisons - ie the lep produced thicker stems and denser growth, better penetration, etc.

What height above canopy produces the 1.5mx1.5m light footprint of the LEP?-- NEver mind I see 24 inches, thanks!

How is the canopy penetration - compared to T5 (low, under 6") or 1000WMH (high at 30")?

How many units total do you plan to use for vegging eventually?

thx mucho~~!

Top Bottom