• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks

Yeah 2 leps in between 4 1000s would be awesom. Especially if those 1000s are gavita pros. Was playing with them again today, they are so so bright. Incredible.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Another dope show herb! Love the bud shots and macros... :sign0005:

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks shady.... Update from today, day 38 coming in a few hours.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Day 38 update.

Nothing really changed in the feed. Still at 1.6EC base and 1.8-2.0 ec with Sup pot ash.

Will be stopping the amino treatment on day 42.

Think Chemdog D could do with another hit of calmag, but have run out but have some H&G trace mix so may try a little of that. Or just leave them.

So day 38 flower. All buds pretty much equal size in any corner of the tent.

gavitaflowerday38_1_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_2_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_3_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_4_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_5_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_6_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_7_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_8_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_9_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_10_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_11_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_12_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_13_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_14_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_15_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_16_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_17_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_18_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_19_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_20_.JPG

gavitaflowerday38_21_.JPG

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah you can use a normal shade with the remote version, but not currently with the 1000w version as the bulb is double ended. You must of course use the 600w 400v still if using remote ballast.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks.

Everytime I open the tent I get this amazing feeling of, omg, where have these lights been all my life. It's astounding.

C

cheech

Just read through the thread, the garden looks great.

Does the lep300 run cooler because of the cool tube like reflector, or does the bulb just give off less heat?

The 600 and 1000 gavitas are similar in heat output to hps 600 and 1000? Does gavita offer an ac design reflector for those, and if not why?

Seems funny that the low wattage plasma bulb is air cooled but not the high wattage bulbs.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Just read through the thread, the garden looks great.

Does the lep300 run cooler because of the cool tube like reflector, or does the bulb just give off less heat?

The 600 and 1000 gavitas are similar in heat output to hps 600 and 1000? Does gavita offer an ac design reflector for those, and if not why?

Seems funny that the low wattage plasma bulb is air cooled but not the high wattage bulbs.

Yes, I feel the same way about them. It's not like air cooled hoods are a new idea anymore, either...

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi, thanks.

The LEP emits very little heat. Most all from the emitter. The main idea of the ducting or ac version is to actually duct some heat, albeit minuscule, to the plants.

You can currently run a pro 600 in any air cooled shade but you risk loosing upto 20% of bulb effieciency. Some through the glass but most due to the fact the arc in the bulb, which has to remain very hot for full effieciency, is running cool.

So, gavita are working on a bulb that can run in a cool shade with no diminished return. Also a single ended 1000. And expect to see their own 1000w cool shade q1 of next year!

I have seen the photos. Looking great.

S

SofaKingHigh

I'd guess that the money lost in any scale grow by using an air-cooled reflector vs. open bare bulb style is more than enough to cover the cost of an adequate A/C in the first 1-3 grows. Making every grow thereafter more profitable and further dialed with a sealed box and CO2.

Think long term, not one grow cycle.

My $.02 on the matter anyhow.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'd guess that the money lost in any scale grow by using an air-cooled reflector vs. open bare bulb style is more than enough to cover the cost of an adequate A/C in the first 1-3 grows. Making every grow thereafter more profitable and further dialed with a sealed box and CO2.

Think long term, not one grow cycle.

My $.02 on the matter anyhow.

This is an excellent point. Thought of another way, the money saved on AC costs with aircooled hoods is immediately spent on loss of efficiency from the extra pane of glass between bulb and plants.

I can still see good reasons to offer aircooled hoods, however. These include needing to keep a space cooler than AC allows, or simple poverty- most systems are built up a bit at a time, out of profits from earlier grows. It can be too tall a mountain to climb if the grower has to come up with all this stuff up front, before his crop comes in!

C

cheech

This is an excellent point. Thought of another way, the money saved on AC costs with aircooled hoods is immediately spent on loss of efficiency from the extra pane of glass between bulb and plants.

I can still see good reasons to offer aircooled hoods, however. These include needing to keep a space cooler than AC allows, or simple poverty- most systems are built up a bit at a time, out of profits from earlier grows. It can be too tall a mountain to climb if the grower has to come up with all this stuff up front, before his crop comes in!

Both you and sofa have good points. No one mentioned how easy it is to duct hot air out of your house through the attic, allowing you to efficiently use 1 ton window ac's on 4-6k grows. I could buy a mini split no problem, but how weird would it look next to my rental units existing ac condenser. Gotta look normal, and sometimes ac units running all year round - doesn't look normal. If the houses in your sub are spread out or you're on an acre or own your place, hell yea. Different circumstances dictate how we have to operate.

Thanks for pointing out that new developments are coming out in the next few months Herb!

S

SofaKingHigh

No doubt. I'm definitely not ballin' and am in penny saving mode to be able to upgrade what I've got. Split A/C ain't cheap and is pretty much the best option for a dialed in Gavita garden on CO2. It's called the Pro Line for a reason I guess.

If you're serious about the hobby this lighting is the quintessential upgrade before the next fancy nutrient line or changing media. IMO. After seeing what can't be conveyed in photos it'll surely be your opinion too.

I have a thread testing their double ended 1000w Pro kit incase there's anyone on the fence needing more to convince them:

Latest posts

Top Bottom