NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
This round is gonna be Indica laden Dinafem Blue x "" dominated-

Genetics:
--From Dinafem
Blue Widow (clone)
This is one of those plants that is a joy to the senses. Truly beautiful bud structure and captivating sweet aroma, I am very much looking forward to trying this one after a nice full cure.
http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Blue_Widow/Dinafem/

Blue Hash (clone)
This one is new to my circle, and we are all excited.
http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Blue_Hash/Dinafem/

Blue Fruit (last remaining seed from pack)
Hopefully this one is as good as the last one I'd seen. Mom had to be culled for unfortunate reasons, and I was gifted this seed from the family that saw to her end. Powerful stuff it was, and excited I am to see what this new momma will bring
http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Blue_Fruit/Dinafem/

Blue Tooth X Blue Fruit (S1 accidental cross)
Hopefully this cross proves fortuitous. Popped 6 seeds and we'll see where they take us. Should be a heavy stone judging by her parents- will take clones when appropriate to ensure progeny for the standout seed(s)

Da Bomb (clone)
GBW X C99= G13xblack widow mommy meets Cindy 99 daddy. The name is silly but the end result is highly desired after. Really looking forward to this one
--
Grape Ape (clone only genetics) I figure you all know enough about Grape Ape that I don't have to label much history here

Also popping some random gifted seeds:
-OG 18 from a colorado dispensary- genetics may vary. Although it is one of the better dispensaries in the area I am always weary of dealing with such businesses and their claims
-Another mystery, I'm told is a diesel cross. We'll see
-Mystery seeds I received from a farmer in Ukiah. I've gifted several of the seeds to various family and they all display high sativa characteristics, and I believe they come from a haze genetic stock. I haven't ever seen any finished product though, and am quite excited to see what sprouts. For future reference these will be known as LA? 1-5

Popped my seeds a few days ago and they are pushing through the dirt right on schedule. Just received the clones yesterday, along with the Blue Fruit seed, that germinated quickly and is in it's seed starter home.

I was planning on posting some photos of everything in action, but I used a fancy camera and forgot to turn the settings down, so each photo is around 4mb. If I can find a lesser camera, or if I feel like wasting time on a hosting site, I will post those and other updates ASAP

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Popping seeds in Fox Farm light warrior, and I'll be raising everything in Roots Organics soil- and remaining as "organic" as possible

I'm working to phase bottles from my garden by creating various compost teas, but until I am comfortable in my tinkering, I have found the following helpful in my endeavors, and will be incorporating most, if not all, into this current run:

Roots Organics Buddha Grow/Bloom
Roots Organics Oregonism
Roots Organics Trinity
Humboldt Nutrients Mayan Microzyme
Humboldt Nutrients Humboldt Roots
Spray-N-Grow micronutrient/coco-wet
Emerald Triangle Humboldt County SnowStorm Ultra

Limited indoor grow under 1000w MH/HPS with extraction fan and plenty of climate control. Outdoor garden -amateur attempt to produce some sunkissed quality

R

ReDLuBE

get a program called photo gadget, it resizes your images
works great

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Morning friends

The pics from the other day:
Scroll over for strain info

Included below are
1 - Blue Widow
2 - Blue Hash
2 - Da Bomb
4 - Grape Ape

seed trays house
6 - Blue Tooth X Blue Fruit
5 - LA?
1 - OG18
1 - Diesel? (was fished from a tasty bag of Sour Diesel unknown possible cross)
1 - Blue Fruit - yet to break ground

Blue Widow 48
Blue Hash 48
Grape Ape 48
Da Bomb 48
BTBF 48
LA 48
Og18diesel 48
NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
get a program called photo gadget, it resizes your images
works great

Thanks for the suggestion Red. A few minutes of photoshop is all I needed.

More pics are on the way, transplanting the Blue Hash into a gallon of soil later today, and the Blue Widow, Grape Ape and Da Bomb will be in their 7g homes by the end of the evening

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Last night some of my seedlings immediately responded to a light watering by laying down.
BT/BF
BTBF wilt

Diesel
Diesel lean

two BT/BF were particularly limp and I decided they needed a jiffy pot home.
Jiffy

This morning they were much happier in their new place
The diesel was crooked, but now is strait without the need of transplanting

This last picture is only added to show an abnormal germination, whereas the seed split perpendicular to it's normal "seam". The resulting sprout grew in a spiral upon itself until I physically pulled the head out from the soil. Growth is slow, and I'm not sure if the helmet that's been formed will be able to loosen itself
Seedhelmet

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
happy girls

The mom & pop garden supply I frequent told me that Roots Organics has been producing infested soils lately- mostly just gnats and other small root pests- nothing devastating by any means, but he also subscribes to the "prevention as the best deterrent" modus operandi, and suggested I try a mix of Sunshine #4 and Fox Farm Ocean Forest. I've used them both before, although not a mix, but I trust my man and went with his suggestion.
Materials

IMG 4868

After a nice bit of exertion mixing materials, the girls are happy in their homes. Also, I went with 10 gallon pots (as opposed to the 7g mentioned earlier) since several of these will end up at various outdoor locations, but I'm not sure which will go where, as I'm waiting on some responses from a couple of patients as to which fully vegged lady they'd like to flower in their garden. A little extra veg time and the two or three indoor plants under the 1000HPS should do well. The plants I plan to run in my outdoor garden were transplanted into 10g Smart Pots (1Da Bomb, 2 Grape Ape) If time allots then one of the Blue Hash will end up outside for sure, as it's purported to be particularly beautiful under the sun. It may be too late for that this season though, despite being the earliest finisher of this selection.
IMG 4871

Due to the weak stem supporting a few of the seedlings, I decided to transplant a couple of the BlueTooth X Blue Fruit seedlings into a more supportive container, as seen in the previous post. And last night, the same thing was happening with some of the LA? seedlings,
IMG 4855

Intuition told me to just repot all the seedlings, except two which donned restrictive shells like motorcycle helmets that had to be removed due to lack of performance (LA?5 and Blue Fruit). Gonna give them another week or so then, if necessary, engage the first round of culling the weaklings.
As a reference point- LA?4 so far has the most developed root system, and the strongest, tallest, rootiest of the BT/BF seeds are 1 2 & 3
IMG 4889

Next task is to grab a new blue spectrum HID so I can put my the fluorescent rack where it belongs and give the girls some proper light, then hook up the A/C unit since the portion of the planet I reside is once again moving to face the sun.

IMG 4861
NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
coming along nicely

Busy days at hand, and they have been the best kind of busy our kind hope for. A partner's garden is ready to come down, and we're about half way into the 40-some monster Snow Wreck ladies that are an absolute treat to work with. I'll have some pics of those sometime soon, haven't taken the time to take any pictures out there aside from the results of some extractions I ran just prior to commencing the harvest on 4/11. We processed a run of SnowWreck and Burmese Kush.

hash
Hsh
Hashy

Cold water/Ice extraction with payload bags 220, 160, 120, 90, 73, 43, 25. Trim and buds were first run through a fine wire screen to pulverize the material. I recommend this if you are processing hash for edible purposes: it cuts down on processing time in the buckets and seems to provide the best method of removing the most amount of resin glands possible.
**I would not however do this if the desired result is something of an oily substance, in which case fresh frozen or properly dried and stored non-pulverized material seems best. this method renders the resin glands dry as kief...A dispensary person said i could spray it with water, and press it to achieve a more traditional hash consistency, but that is unnecessary for my purposes.

My ladies are coming along nicely. Got them under a 1k metal halide bulb again, and they've responded well since then. The Grape Apes are all off to a bit of a slow start, although the last few days have shown some promising development. They should some leaf curling that I would guess is indicative of light stress- possibly from being under that tray for a week after it had been vegging out a under 1k watts. Fed them several days ago, gave them water tonight, and they seem to be back on track.

Of the two La Bamba cuts I received, one is growing like a monster hybrid should, while the other one lacks any vigor. It is droopy and sad and not really responding to anything.

droopy
Bambadown

strong
Bambaup

it seems to be very sensitive to the humidity level of the room, i.e. drooping heavily when RH drops too low. Since I'm without proper RH maintenance control at the moment (a problem that will be remedied in the next couple of days) it is the only variable I can put my finger on.
If anyone has any ideas, I welcome the input.

The Blue Widow is taking off nicely after taking it's time pumping roots.
Bluwid

So far it seems the Grape Ape are the most nutrient hungry, while la bamba is the most sensitive.

Some casualties among the seedlings populations:
LA?1 and LA?2 were too weak to remain among some very healthy root producers, and were removed.
The OG18 and Diesel cross and the next up to the chopping block. Not surprised really, dispensaries are rare to come through with worthwhile genetics in my experience.
-BT/BF#1 -BT/BF#5 -BT/BF#6 and -LA?4 were all transplanted and are happily rooting away like mad little monsters
Babies

After doing a bit of research it seems that the blue tooth and blue fruit strains are both a bit unstable- popping hermie flowers with minimal stress. While in both strains this instability is tolerated due to quality, I'm not risking much and will eventually be isolating these to be tested for their traits.

I have several more days of trimming ahead of me, and will share some more when I have the time

Be well
Love & Light

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
bubbling away

The garden is well, everything is starting to really take off, and I'll get to more of that the next time I'm about, but as I've been trimming my days away since I last corresponded, this hash I made from the first round of dried material from this session is the only real highlight of the last week. Using the 5 gallon set, I ran two batches

all grades here still wet, from left to right:
90u, 120u, 160u
73u, 45u, 160u
25u, 73u, 90u, 120u
25u, 45u​
Hash23

90u
90u

73u
73u

And here's a little sample of the source of this fine hashish
Cola

Cola detail

Dense solid flower clusters, minimal leaf, all in all probably the easiest plant I've trimmed. Maybe I'll get some more pictures later of what we're taking down. It's one of the most beautiful powerful sativa strains I've had the pleasure to work with.

In my garden, girls are vegging away, seeds have nice healthy roots, and the problems I've mentioned in the past are no longer problems, but it's about 7am and I've yet to sleep- so I should probably get to bed before my girlfriend wakes up and I have to make breakfast, and address my garden in a future post

Love & Light

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
beehive of activity

The ladies are doing quite well. They're all fed, and were hit with water last night, along with some neem oil to build their defenses for the outdoor transition.

Earlier I had mentioned that one of the Bomb (or la Bamba) seemed overly sensitive to slight environmental shifts, and several days ago I noticed the wound from being topped never quite healed and was causing the stalk to slowly dry out. Once I noticed it I put some tape upon the wound to aid its regeneration. It's fine now.

The GrapeApes were off to a slow start, but I think I got their pH strait and they are taking off with some gusto.

Lights, humidity and temperature are maintaining "enviro"stasis

Several of the seedlings are under the HID now receiving the fullest spectrum I can provide them. Of all the seeds I germinated, I've only had to throw out two so far- all the others are rooting away, some faster than others, and others have begun their ascent into noticeable daily growth. BT/BF varieties are the quickest growing, while some of the LA? are becoming quite promising as well.

Got homes figured for my overflow, and they'll be out to their new homes in about a month.

I've been shooting plenty of pictures as well but since I seem to be talking to myself here I'm not gonna put as much time into this thing each time I post.

As their phyllotaxis gains in complexity I will remark

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Beauties

Not much to report here. Ballast started smelling like a burning computer, so it was replaced, and I went through the second cheap ass sylvania metal halide bulb in a month. Needless to say, don't buy them. For now I'm running a HPS, and considering running one of the hortilux RGB full spectrum bulbs to see how much better they perform and may grab one of those in the coming days. I'm curious to know how they perform, so a bit of research is in order it would seem.

Anyway, the plants are doing just fine. Seedlings are all taking off- several of the Bluetooth/Bluefruit seeds are looking very promising, and a couple of the LA? are looking great as well. And the Diesel and OG18 seedlings are finally getting into gear.
IMG 5140

Had a chance to sample some of the genetics I'm running in the last few days and the Bluetooth is really nice smoke. I received a fresh hydro selection that is just finished drying but still had wonderful smell and flavor and a quite strong stone- and I am quite excited to see some of this stuff grown in soil and cured to perfection.

Not sure about the Grape Ape though. While it has the classic smell and a very similar potent stone, it lacks the structure and stature of the Ape I'd seen in the past. It's just too massive. I'm guessing it is a cross at best, but either way, still very potent and high yielding. I also recognize that maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about.

Back to work I go. Scissors and bubble bags are in my immediate future, and a nice variety of bubble is soon to be curing away

Love & Light

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
transplanting

these fine beauties were transplanted--
Ready to go

#5 was potted on the 29th, (My special San Pedro in the background that was removed from the mountains of Peru by one Terence Mckenna, and gifted to me by a mutual friend who now tends the gardens of Terence's Hawaiian estate)
Bt5

#6 potted on the 3rd
Bt6

Though not pictured here, #1 was potted this evening

The garden is doing very well- beginning to get them adjusted to the suns' rays and gearing up for the move. Otherwise I've been a hash making Mad Man. More of the snow wreck, and then ran some Blue Tooth and Grape Ape trim that gave me the best hash I've made so far. The 90u bag of the Blue Tooth came out with the consistency of warm caramel, and melts full away like the finest oils I've seen. Grape Ape is not as sticky, but very powerful stuff. When I get a chance I'll take some photos- and when I have the time I'll develop a program that allows the transfer of smell, taste, and psychotropic effects of various substances via the internets. But now I'm gonna have to turn some of this hash to ash

Bang

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter

All the little ones have been transplanted into their homes for their immediate future. Please forgive if my grammar is difficult to decipher, I'm too stoned to be writing.
Here's a shot of my simple transplant method- I filled the 10g bucket with 8g of soil, dumped a cup of water into the center of the pot , and easily formed a sharply concave hole where the new transplant will sit. I sprinkled the "Oregonism" spores on the walls of the hole with a fork. Maybe a teaspoons worth or so. Place the transplant in the hole and fill any empty pot space.
Oregonism

LA?#5 Root action
LA5 Roots

As I was getting ready to pot LA?#5, I noticed a wonderful sight
LA5 Female

Female Pre-Flowers!

LA?#3
LA3 growth

Still no pre flowers on the LA?#3, but it's got some great growth and a wonderful funk that I am quite unfamiliar with.
Subtle, woody, meaty... not sure what it could be, and the LA?#5 smells much like a nasty stench I've previously encountered in a Lemon Skunk- but I'm really not sure. LA?#4 has a hearty meat/skunk funk, but like #3, still no sign of pre flowers.
When I popped a few from this batch of seeds before, they all displayed Sativa characteristics, and these are all looking Indica leaning so far.

Funny.

Really not sure what the parents could be, but the farm they came from carried some fine genetic stock. Upon smelling this rancid funk so early, I am even more excited about these than when I got them.

Shorties

Found new homes for the majority of the larger ladies, I may have some pics of those from time to time as I have the chance. Pretty soon I hope to be down to 3 plants in this little room, flowering away, with the others in another loving home.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter

I love the summer.
Weather shifting, plants outside- flowers, deer and the snow fox that bumbles around with the silver fox. Amazing season this will be indeed.

Moved all my largest ladies to their new home in the hills
IMG 5592

They are still under lights- set to move outside in a couple of weeks once the weather in the higher elevations warms enough. Had a bit of a setback caused by a product called "Gognats" that fried the beauty from my lustrous ladies, so bad I didn't even want to take pictures of them. Probably gonna lose a Blue Hash or two, and maybe a few of the Blue Widows I'd just picked up.

It doesn't say it on the bottle, but if you use Gognats, I would suggest using it in the dark, or let them dry before being placed directly under the lights. My partner has been using this stuff with no problems beyond slight leaf curling, waviness- and this is the first time he's seen this type of damage. The bottle does say to test it on a small portion of the plant before spraying everything, so I guess I'll just have to swallow that lesson.

Anyway, I brought up 9 large, mature ladies and also 25 cuts of various ages, including one each of a nice Acapulco Gold, an original Flo, and a Headband that I'm hoping is the real deal. Besides that, more cuts of the same ladies I've detailed in previous posts
IMG 5601

Gonna put the smaller ladies into 7 to 10 gallons of lightly amended organic sunshine#4. While the larger ones will go in 25 gallons minimum. Here's the additives:
IMG 5599

Just some light amendments to help with trace minerals and nutrients, and I'll top dress with worm castings and various bird and bat guano as they need it, as well as generous amounts of enzyme/microbial complex teas to maintain a living environment in the soil.

I'm thinking about putting the larger girls into the bale bags the soil came in, properly cut for drainage holes and everything but I think they should hold up just fine. Anyone do the same and have some input? Would love to hear back about it.

So now, as planned I have three plants in my room- the three remaining are the smelliest in my garden, the three from my collection of seeds from Ukiah.
IMG 5595

I wanted to do them outside, but I think they smell a bit too much for me to feel anything but guilty about growing them in my yard, next to another yard where little tykes are playing every day. So they're inside, two funky ladies and one stank male (to be harvested for pollen), and outside are the other eight plants from seed I have running: OG18 is a stout fucker, and popped balls a while ago, but is displaying some great potential. The Diesel mystery cross just popped female flowers.
6 BT/BF seeds that all but one are very Blue Fruit leaning- and the Blue Fruit seed that is nice and dark already, either green or blue depending on the light hitting the leaves

And then I saw this and thought it was pretty cool, something I've never seen before. One of the pre-flowers on my LA?#4 has three pistils!. Pretty cool I thought, so I snapped a photo.
IMG 5637

I'm gonna be flipping the lights to 12's this week, and I'm SOOO excited to see what these LA? seeds can do. And I'm thinking I'll do light depravation on my backyard girls after another few weeks of growth to speed the process to spread the workload out a bit.

Love & Light
aNT

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter

The new location is filling in nicely, with the ladies spreading roots into their new homes.
Fried but lush

Filling up

The negative space is soon to be filled with the rest of the outdoor selections, a dozen or so of a strain generically titled "Blue Afghan", which is a very powerful indica-dominant hybrid bred and backcrossed for several years by an MS patient who has created a stellar plant. I'm excited to show this one off, the resin production is almost unbelievable. I made a batch of hash from this strain almost two years ago, and still get requests for it- can't wait for more.

They are also recovering nicely from the gognats assault, and thankfully none of the little ones were damaged to the point of no return. Here's a shot of a burnt leaf, I'm sad to admit comes from my garden.
Burnt

Currently rendering a bit of hash into coconut milk at the moment for some vegan caramels.
Hashmilk

23g ice hash + 2g hash oil I had laying around into 1/2cup of coconut milk... Powerful treats they will be

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Transplanted some beauties today. After two months' growth in the ten gallon pots, the roots were quite ready to have to room to spread, as can be seen below. Giving them a gallon a day, alternating between compost tea and water, and of course food every so often.

LDProots

The above roots belong to the largest "Da Bomb" plant we've jokingly been calling Lou Diamond Phillips, because I think Da Bomb is.... well, too simple a name. LDP sounds fun, so I'll run with it while she grows.
Only made it through three, gonna tackle the rest tomorrow most likely. The other lady transplanted, that is not pictured here, is one of the GrapeApe plants. We dropped her into a 20 gallon tote.
Barrels

My monster Blue Widow in 32g of soil.
LDPbarrel

I'm hoping to have the fences built by the end of this week, or the beginning of next, so I can get them out under the sun

I'm curious what others have to say regarding an issue I contemplate, which is trimming plants and removing leaves. I've read the arguments for and against it, and usually bend the plants more than I trim branches- but my question is this:
Does trimming the plant to this extant, for an outdoor plant with a 6 month life span, boost or hinder ultimate yield? It seems, much of the undergrowth is not going to receive direct light, or am I just slowing things down, reducing my yield, or causing unnecessary upward growth, etc??
American

I welcome the comments of anyone with some experience or a reasonable idea in either direction.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
A new addition to the farm, this badass English Mastiff is only 10 weeks old, already pushing 20 lbs. His father is a beastly 240. Not sure who is growing faster, the girls, or this beautiful pup.
Sid

Many plants are ready and waiting to get outside, and the last cuts of Blue Afghan are fully rooted, and transplanted into 7 or 10 gallons as pot availability dictates. Going to be putting the bigger girls outside Monday or Tuesday, and gradually putting out the Blue Afghans as they grow ready, in probably another month or so.
Bigs

Lils

Nearly finished setting up one of two corrals, and beginning work on the other next week.
Corrall

This land lies upon a south facing hill and the brutal Colorado wind tears its way up the mountain all year, so I decided to use a structural wall as one side of the corral to break the wind as it blasts it's way uphill. Of the bears, mountain lion, deer and elk, rabbits and rodents- the wind is my main concern, but I'm confident this will be protection enough.

Back in town, my limited home crop is pushing along nicely. Girls outside are loving the sun, and of the BT/BF seeds, only one or two are displaying favorable growth patterns. Stretch city otherwise. OG18 is so stout that with no tying or staking this brother barely even shifts in the wind. Gonna keep the fruit of it's production for future endeavors.

At 63 days from seed, I flipped the light schedule into the flower mode on June 6th. I finally got the pH on the sensitive one right, to notice I now have thrips feeding on them. Bug bastards are getting hit today with Organocide, and again once/week from now on, and the next watering will receive a foliar and root zone application of Neem Oil. Not sure where these little bugs came from, but one thing is certain, "This aggression will not stand, man".

Love & Light

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Some girls are outside, others will go out next week and some more are vegging a while longer, whether or not I get them outdoors remains to be seen. Very late start with the Blue Afghans, and if I end up doing those inside, so be it- though my intention is another month of vegging, then outside late July/early August for the remainder of their cycle.

outside
Outs

grow!
Smalls

inside
LAAA

A while back, when the plants were beginning to show sex, one of the LA? seeds showed what I thought to be a few male pre-flowers. I was going to keep it for pollen, then once it kicked into flower, female flowers popped out everywhere. Then about 3 weeks into flower, pollen sack sprouted and have been developing if they escape my tweezers.

Balls

I realize this won't prevent pollination, and more are likely to sprout, but it's kind of nice to stone up and zen the fuck out searching branches and flowers for pollen sacks, in fine OCD fashion.

Curious how likely it is that the other seeds will have this tendency as well, or if I'd know it by now. Only thing to do is keep watch

Top Bottom