Supporter
progress report

Healthy Ladies = Happy Gardener
The lot

Blue Widow
BW stallk

LDP
LDP stalk

Another round of ladies is set to begin hardening off & I'll get some shots of them another time.

My LA? are doing well, ripening up nicely. Pics are from flower day 35

LA?#3- my he/she plant that will not have a life span beyond this pot.
LA3 wide

LA3 detail

LA?#4- the least developed so far, but great growth, great potential.
LA4 wide

LA4 detail

LA?#5- very sensitive, but I think this one may be the winner of the three.
LA5 wide

LA5 wide2

LA5 detail

LA5 detail2

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Blue Afghani

Here is the high CBD strain known as Blue Afghani I work with. Not the greatest producer, but the rock hard sugar coated flowers are enough to keep me running a 1 ounce/7 gallon soil yielding plant.

Pictures from about 60 days, nearly ready- probably flush for another 10 days or so and make the chop
BAwide

Ba detail

Curious about this strain because last time I flowered her, she refused to turn amber. After 85 days and one or two late stage male flowers I decided to pull her.

Anyone seen such before? All trichs going fully cloudy before any go amber? a 65 day indica going past 80 days without "appearing finished"

I hope for input from any who have experienced this phenomenon.

Love & Light

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Those look good bruh I just put 2 blue widow's in flower 2 verry different pheno's 1 short squat one and another much bigger taller better branching and loves to be topped I can't Waite to see how the turn out that blue affy looks fire bro Great job!

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Thanks pro.gro.

I would have to assume that the blue wid I have is the stretchy one you referred to. Very healthy, resistant to the elements. Great meds! And it's the first of my O/D ladies to begin flowering

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
Ya i think we have the same pheno. Man she starts to pack on the buds fast! If u get a min check out my thread prodigy's bushes and look and my last pic i posted my blue widow has buds on day 10 its crazy fast also one of my blue hash's have the same speedy bud production . Im not sure if im gonna run any of these again because i have so many dank ass Og , chem and bubba strains coming up but i deff kept a few clones of each just in case and the clone really well. Have you run the BW inside b4 how long did she take to finish any way hope you have a great harvest stay frosty bro grow safe peace!

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Ya i think we have the same pheno. Man she starts to pack on the buds fast! If u get a min check out my thread prodigy's bushes and look and my last pic i posted my blue widow has buds on day 10 its crazy fast also one of my blue hash's have the same speedy bud production . Im not sure if im gonna run any of these again because i have so many dank ass Og , chem and bubba strains coming up but i deff kept a few clones of each just in case and the clone really well. Have you run the BW inside b4 how long did she take to finish any way hope you have a great harvest stay frosty bro grow safe peace!

I dig the blue widow, and a patient of mine LOVES the stuff, so I'll keep it around. The last run was done hydroponic, finished about 55 days flower, and I think could have stood another week. My first time doing it in soil, though, so it may differ some.

The Blue Hash I'm running is disappointing, won't be keeping it past this run. I read it was bred for the outdoors, but my BH plants are the weakest of the bunch, susceptible to bugs, less than impressive growth rate... not great genetics for my area is the nicest way I can put it.

Oh well

You're other strains do sound interesting, the UrkleGum sounds like it could be a great plant. Curious though about your seeming aversion to male plants... do you not have the room or desire to experiment with your own phenos?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Colorado Love

Sky
No photoshop, just pure CO at the proper exposure/aperture

Harvested my indoor ladies after 63 days in flower. Was just gonna chop the hermie plant at first, but I decided to knock the other two down after I noticed some minor spider mite stippling on some of the leaves. Resin is cloudy, not much amber to them. Ideally would've liked another 7-10 days for the other two, but should be nice enough. If nothing else, it'll supply some great hash in the end. I left my camera in another place, so I may post some shots of the dried branches and nuggitos when they are going into jars.

Up in the hills the garden is looking fantastic!
Groupd

Uppergroup

Everything is really healthy except for the Blue Hash's susceptibility to bugs. Of the nearly 30 plants outside, the Blue Hash has shown the least defense against the elements. We've seen a crazy moth bloom in the last few weeks up here, and everything has minor leaf damage as a result, but the BH seems to be their main target. Couple low pest-resistance with unimpressive growth rates and high sensitivity to foliar applications, and I see a plant that doesn't really work for me. Unless this is some of the best medicine I've ever had, she won't be seeing my gardens again.

Flowering began the last week of July, when my very large Blue Widow began pumping out flowers, followed a week behind by the Grape Apes and now in the last week the Bombs have begun as well.
Left to right:
Grape Ape in 20g container, Da Bomb, and Blue Widow- each in 32g barrels
Big topshot

The Grape Ape is sporting purple pistils, funny how simple variation can be so beautiful
Purplepistils

grape ape thickness
Stalk

Stragglers, as to be expected, are the Acapulco Gold and Headband. Outdoor season in my neighborhood is generally concluded the first week of October, so if the A/G and Headband aren't in peak resin mode come harvest time, then I'll finish them inside under 1000 watts each. Thank goat for 12 foot ceilings!!

Love & Light
aNT

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
That sux about the blue hash bro i got 2 pheno's one lanky one and a short stout one i had to chop the lanky one along with my lanky bw and sweet Afghani it was heart breaking for real but the blue hash i kept is killin it big chunky frosty buds ill have to get some pics up i hope yours turn out good

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
That sux about the blue hash bro i got 2 pheno's one lanky one and a short stout one i had to chop the lanky one along with my lanky bw and sweet Afghani it was heart breaking for real but the blue hash i kept is killin it big chunky frosty buds ill have to get some pics up i hope yours turn out good
I was hoping for good things with the Blue Hash, and perhaps she'll surprise me in the end.

The indoor harvest from my mystery LA seed collection did not so bad for a first run. All three are different terpene expressions, though #3 and #4 have very similar bud structure and "stem-rub" smell, floral bouquet is quite different with each.

#3 smells like the Millennium Bud when I open the jar to burp, but reeks of Lemon Skunk when handled. Clones taken were tossed when male flowers popped en masse (which I'm beginning to think was related to a synthetic bloom agent I used- due to anecdotal information received from a fellow who's opinion I regard well, combined with some time spent internetting). 104g into jar today

#4 has very little scent. I think it probably needed more time to develop a more pronounced profile. I probably could have sprayed with organiocide and run it another three weeks, but it's sisters were so close I figured it would be close enough. Smells of mild lavender, and onion rings. Clones were taken, and unless quality is lacking I'll probably flower no less than 80 days when Mom is big enough to take a blade to and I get to run her again. 77g into jar today

#5 is awfully reminiscent of Durban Poison, maybe a bit spicier though, more hashy. I''m bummed I had so many problems with this plant in the beginning, it led to a substantially diminished harvest. But I know what I did wrong, which is adding nutes to a plant in Ocean Forest soil too soon, or rather having a plant with different soil and no reference tag. Excited to run this plant again when I get the chance. 54g into jar today

total=235g. Gonna lose a gram here and there to the last of the drying process, but overall a decent pull from my little 1000 watt ghetto rig. Pictures...still no camera in my hands today but it doesn't really matter since I'm talking to myself here. (Props to Prodigy)

The next diary will possibly show what I do outside of the house. But I think I may just wrap up correspondence on this here forum come October.

L

LikemindS

AWESOME thread! Digg all the pics and descriptions.
Looks super nice up there on the Mt.
The Ladies look like they like it too!

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
AWESOME thread! Digg all the pics and descriptions.
Looks super nice up there on the Mt.
The Ladies look like they like it too!

Thanks for checking it out. Yes, these ladies are quite happy with their perch @ 8000ft.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Flowers

All is going great.
Blue Widow is flowering like mad-
Topwidow

Bluwidow

Indoor w/ hydro she's a fast finisher @ around 45-50 days, and judging by the growth at 3 weeks of flower I'll have no problem finishing this one well before the cold arrives around the first or second week of October.

Grape Ape will surely finish, Blue Hash, Bomb/LaBamba- all will finish up probably the first week of October, if my estimates serve me well.
Blhash
blue hash
Grape
grape ape
Headband
headband

I am already quite sure I'll be finishing my Acapulco Gold and Headband indoors, as well as a mystery free seed from Attitude Seed bank I've generically labelled "?/QuestionMark". The only plant I've encountered/smoked that is similar to it is Sensi Star, but I avoid calling it that since I am unsure, and it is largely unverifiable. Similar flowers, same smell- once flowers dominate, perhaps someone here will be able to offer some insight to its possible genetic make-up. Anyway, those three only began to flower this past week.
Lot

I didn't get close-ups of Acapulco Gold or QuestionMark, but they can be seen in the group shot. A/G is in the black container on the second, or back shelf. One of the QuestionMarks is central, first shelf, left-most, showing evidence of hunger pains on a few fan leaves.

Love & Light

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Busy

I just realized I haven't haven't updated anything reagarding the BTxBF They are all relatively similar in terms of growth pattern, which is pretty stringy and rather loose growing. One in particular (btXbf#1) has some amazing resin production and reeks of the blue tooth terpenes, but because of the growth patterns and unstable parentage, I haven't been giving these plants all the attention they deserve. They took a pounding during a hailstorm about a month ago in which I lost roughly 30%-50% of the leaves and branches on every plant, but they were again standing after some fresh supports, and I've been tending them with organic feeds/teas and hose water knowing they may end up as little more than good hash. I did take clones as well, so if the flowers end up being something worthwhile, the progeny is waiting.
Btbf1detail

Up on the hill, things are beautiful. Despite my indoor modus operandi, my first outdoor crop is turning out great. They are big and lush and I'm learning everyday-- I can't ask for more than that.
Groupss

Already planning for next year, excited to do some larger plants... but that is the future, for now I'll manage these large ladies
Largeladies

Blue Widow
Lgwid
Widbranch

Widodetail

Bomb
Bamba
Bombdetail

Grape Ape
One of the GAs grows very differently than the others, so I asked the source the reason for the discrepancy, and he said he did indeed have two phenos and one was mislabeled. He said the difference was "one produces donkey dicks and the other one makes monkey fists". Too funny.

donkey dick grape
Ape structure

monkey fist grape
Grapestructure

GrApeDetail

I did get a little bit of burn on the leaves, resembling rust, from a heavy feeding last week. Some loved the dose, others suffered, lesson learned. The slight overdose didn't stop them from their daily growth, thankfully.

Another life that grows noticeably bigger everyday is this big boy:
17 weeks and pushing 60lbs
Sid

Things are getting very exciting indeed!

Love & Light

L

LikemindS

Beautiful Bushes NT!
Nice photos, looks like a chill spot u got up there :)
Keep it up bro!
Cant wait to see those ladies finished.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Tangerine Haze!

Beautiful Bushes NT!
Nice photos, looks like a chill spot u got up there :)
Keep it up bro!
Cant wait to see those ladies finished.

Thanks for the love homie. Glad you enjoy the pictures, and as I see you are an avid cannabis photographer, I'll mention these photos are taken with a Canon 7D, and the lens I have been using the most is 18-270mm / 1:3.5 - 6.3

The color this thing captures is astounding!

I just received a tremendous gift from a fellow cannabis lover. A well connected dude just shared the beloved and illusive (G-13 x Haze)xNYCD - "Tangerine Haze" pheno that has been guarded closely by the Devil's Harvest cats. Much love my new homie, and proper respect due to the DHK for starting to let some of their cherished cuts out to a greater number of gardens.

I will love her as you all have!!

These little lovelies have been in these plugs for just eleven days and have explosive roots!
Tangtray
Tangroots

I transplant into Light Warrior, adding mycos to the dry mix, then Thrive Alive to give it some moisture.
Adders

I use 3ml/gallon of the thrive alive into reverse osmosis water, and apply to the "soil" mix at an approximate rate of 1/3 gallon to 3 gallons of soil. I don't measure that, it is just an approximation, I always go by water density in the soil. Test: Grab and handful of the mix and squeeze it together. If water comes out, there is too much water, add more warrior. If the soil binds together when squeezed, there is too much water, add more warrior. What you want is to be able to squeeze it into a ball, and feel no excess moisture, then when you open your hand the media should simply fall out, moist, fluffy and light.

I fill the pot just as so, with an added layer of mycos for the roots to set in.
Myco

I gently set the rootball just above the floor of the bed I've created, so the roots are touching the soil/mycos but not the plug, and lightly shake the 1 gallon container so the soil loosely lies around the ball- suspending it rather than setting it. Top off with some soil, another gentle shake for leveling, and it's done.

13 Tangerine Haze babies, to go along with the next round of Blue Afghan.
Babies

Thanks to my man JC for these cuts!

Love & Light

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Aggressive Flower

My large Blue Widow got her last dose of nutrient, so it'll be water and tea for the rest of her time. She looks like she'll be done mid-september, but the bank said first week of October, so I'll just stop now with the nutes and anytime she finishes in the next month, she'll be tasty. I doubt she'll go as long as Oct, but damn if she does, she will be a MONSTER.
Bluehuge

Any growers in the hills watching- this is a great strain for growing outdoors in CO! Leaf damage is from a heavy nutrient dose. I haven't had to exceed 1000ppm with this one and she's been nothing but optimal. Pest resistance, no mold or mildew, sturdy branches, great genetics all in all- my only qualm is that it is feminized stock.
Bluwidsidebranch

Bluwidtop

The Grape Ape is the next most developed genetic variety. Smells great, still evident that there is much growth to go, and she is already quite dense. Very excited.
Grapebulk

Perspective

The next two were taken two days apart.
Grpeshine
Grapecloud

These hills are seeing 30's at night this week. Ouch!
Should I move them inside or will it be ok?

I would love some input...

Love & Light

S

StrikeitRich

Damn that is allot of effort u have put into ur grow diary. Very good descriptions of everything, pics are awsome too. Great work very educational and helpfull. Good work.

That Dog is Fuzzing HUGE. he has to be an outside guy otherwise he'd knock everything in the house over. Youngins are so clumbsy when they are that big.

But seriously great work. I wish i lived in such a beautiful state as u do. I always love my Snowboarding trips to Copper Mountain among other breath taking stops along the way. Some of the coolest sceanery in ur backyard, Mountains, and Plants. Lol.

Peace,
S i R

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Thanks!

Damn that is allot of effort u have put into ur grow diary. Very good descriptions of everything, pics are awsome too. Great work very educational and helpfull. Good work.

That Dog is Fuzzing HUGE. he has to be an outside guy otherwise he'd knock everything in the house over. Youngins are so clumbsy when they are that big.

But seriously great work. I wish i lived in such a beautiful state as u do. I always love my Snowboarding trips to Copper Mountain among other breath taking stops along the way. Some of the coolest sceanery in ur backyard, Mountains, and Plants. Lol.

Peace,
S i R

I appreciate you taking some time to look through, and thanks for the kind words. "Educational and helpful" is my aim, so I'm glad I am on track.

Yeah, the pup is quickly taking over. Luckily the mountain has minimalist-style furnishings, but that won't stop his jaws tearing apart the wooden furniture when he has no other toy and a lack of human supervision. Mastiffs are the sweetest large breed I've ever encountered, and their protection instincts are unlike anything I've experienced. I would call him gentle, if he were a bit more coordinated.

Now, if only he'd stop eating rocks.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
The end is in sight

My large Blue Widow appears as though she'll be done any day now, pistils are receding, resin is milky/opaque- it won't be long. Her final feeding was last week, and I'm giving her another 10 days minimum so she can burn through the last of her energy stores, and to ensure proper resin development. Kind of wondering if I can take tops in 10 days, then let the rest of her lower sites bulk up a bit. Don't know if she has the genes for it though and I wouldn't want to give any unnecessary stress at this stage, so maybe I'll just give her the axe when I feel the moment is right. In the immortal words of Iceberg Slim:
"Sometimes you have to trunk a bitch"
He was speaking of another matter altogether, but I doubt any person reading this has ever come across Slim's name before so proper context is of little consequence. I certainly don't call my plants bitches either, but enough with the bullshit & on with the show:

Widbranch

Widdet
Widdet2

Also worth mentioning at this point, my Grape Ape plants are gonna be certifiable monsters. The buds are so dense already, but nary a pistil has begun to turn and they look to have another month of flower fattening in front of them, gonna be some heavy plants for sure.

Apedet
Apedet2

Here are a couple more photos that I just like for no particular reason. The lighting of the first one I think is pretty great and maybe it's the perspective and the black right triangle ruining the second shot that I like. Triangles captivate my attention. Thank you, Sun & Clouds, for being an unparalleled gaffer

Interior

Grapefore

Love & Light

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
New Genes!!

I received a wonderful gift this last week from a brother cultivator, a truly wonderful gift. I'm now flush with AMAZING sativas, and am excited to see what we can bring to one another.

Thanks again, Brother, these will be loved as you love them.

Willie Nelson (Reeferman)- I mislabeled that one, it is actually Vietnamese Black X Nepalese Highland Sativa. I was very spoiled to be smoking this in 2005/06 for several months from a grower who supplied me with the highest quality smoke in my experience. It is by far the best Sativa I've encountered, it fills me with light in no uncertain terms.
WN

Destroyer (Cannabiogen)
D1

Tule Fog (Tom Hill)
TF

Panama- two phenos (Cannabiogen)
P1
P2

I'm very excited to bring some powerful sativas to the Colorado Medical scene. I have yet to try any of these other varieties, and I am very exited to see what I can do for these plants, and what they can do for my patients.

Grow, little ones, grow!

Top Bottom