• Thread starter DoobieBro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Bad ass setup!!
Real greenhouse. Envy atm! Lol
I’m pushing for a similar system. Our hybrid system is ok but too old school with dosatron etc. dynafim setup.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Bad ass setup!!
Real greenhouse. Envy atm! Lol
I’m pushing for a similar system. Our hybrid system is ok but too old school with dosatron etc. dynafim setup.
I can tell you one thing that I've learned over these years of acquiring properties and either rehabbing existing structures or building from scratch. You can get away with a bare bones minimum budget and still grow amazing product so long as you know what's truly important. Regardless of having all the bells and whistles, if you can properly and accurately control your environmental conditions, consistently deliver nutrients to the plants, curate a good stable of strong genetics and bust your ass to make sure the facility is operating at peak efficiency, you can compete with anyone in this industry. Here's another greenhouse we acquired and retrofitted for our needs. Used to be used to grow ornamental flowers so many of the necessities were already in place, some needed upgrading or general upkeep, but it was a 60 year old wooden structure that we put to work.
Screenshot 20180529 123028 Instagram

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I can tell you one thing that I've learned over these years of acquiring properties and either rehabbing existing structures or building from scratch. You can get away with a bare bones minimum budget and still grow amazing product so long as you know what's truly important. Regardless of having all the bells and whistles, if you can properly and accurately control your environmental conditions, consistently deliver nutrients to the plants, curate a good stable of strong genetics and bust your ass to make sure the facility is operating at peak efficiency, you can compete with anyone in this industry. Here's another greenhouse we acquired and retrofitted for our needs. Used to be used to grow ornamental flowers so many of the necessities were already in place, some needed upgrading or general upkeep, but it was a 60 year old wooden structure that we put to work.
View attachment 839402
Yep agree 100%

DoobieBro

DoobieBro

You all have really gone above and beyond to help me! I greatly appreciate all this. Yes, I'm having greenhouse envy myself. I'm the kind of person who has difficulty with compromising on quality. I'm going to get over myself on that one though at least until we are into some decent profits. For me this is a big endeavor do to the fact that working with our family business is going to be my retirement. My biggest thing is I want to grow the highest quality and cleanest cannabis I possibly can. I myself will not medicate with anything that isn't 100% organic and I don't want to grow anything that isn't the same. If I had my druthers we would shoot for Clean Green Certification.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

You all have really gone above and beyond to help me! I greatly appreciate all this. Yes, I'm having greenhouse envy myself. I'm the kind of person who has difficulty with compromising on quality. I'm going to get over myself on that one though at least until we are into some decent profits. For me this is a big endeavor do to the fact that working with our family business is going to be my retirement. My biggest thing is I want to grow the highest quality and cleanest cannabis I possibly can. I myself will not medicate with anything that isn't 100% organic and I don't want to grow anything that isn't the same. If I had my druthers we would shoot for Clean Green Certification.
The best way to keep yourself humble and positive while working with a budget is to get creative with solutions in order to save money on things you can build yourself instead of paying 5-10× more to purchase them prefabbed and to basically think of yourself as an overpaid janitor. Cleanliness, sterility and organization are crucial when it comes to having a leg up over your "competition". I've been in a LOT of facilities over the years and it's baffling how people can run their businesses the way they do. Just piles of plant material evwrywhere, stagnant water and mold growing on walls.... just all kinds of disgusting situations due to lack of cleaning and maintenance. I built these test rooms on a budget by myself. Each table cost me $68 in total materials including the 4×8 trays. Built the irrigation at 1/10th of the cost at which it would have cost had I hired someone.... you get the idea. Still have 35 lights per room (20 1000 watt DE HPS fixtures and 15 630 watt CMH fixtures checkerboarded for full spectrum).
Screenshot 20181104 111615 Gallery
Screenshot 20181104 111607 Gallery
Work with what you have, don't overextend yourself and you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you can accomplish

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

I’m going to ask a question I feel I should know the answer to but don’t.

As mentioned in my intro thread my family has a large CBD and Marijuana business. Recently we had to fire one of our growers and I have been asked to over see that grow. One of the first tasks I have to deal with is the building of a greenhouse for 200-300 plants. Until now it’s been an outdoor grow. How many square feet do we likely need. Should we have 8sqft per plant or more or less.
Hey man, just came across our conversation from 2 years and would like to know how things are going? Hope all is well my friend

adroid

adroid

Hey man, just came across our conversation from 2 years and would like to know how things are going? Hope all is well my friend

Hello,

I am setting up 8 greenhouses in Oklahoma, each of the greenhouse is about 3000 sf. I need a consultant that know how to grow in large scale. Please contect me. [email protected] Thank you

G

Greves.Leaves

8 sq ft is pretty tight. We're a touch over 16 sq ft per plant (4×4) in the greenhouses heavily trained and trellised with roughly 2 - 2 1/2 foot aisles between the rows. Plants typically see 24 days in their transplant pots (1 gal) before going into the final pots you can see in the pics (13 gal). We're also full Netafim fertigation and coco dtwView attachment 838866 View attachment 838867
Hey man I know this is super old post but what kinds of yield are you getting off this?

G

Greves.Leaves

Hey man whats up? I am new to the forum but have experience indoor for 10 years or so. I am currently getting ready to put up a hoop house for some hemp. Youre setup looks like what my 2nd year will aspire too. We are prepping land this season and digging a well plus getting power so 2025 will be the real production year. But hoophouse will be used to pheno hunt for next year. I have a couple questions if you dont mind? What sq ft do you think for 40 - 50 plants? I'd like to run that many phenos to test. I do a little lst with stakes plus do only a couple toppings with great results however I usually run from the same mothers so really know the strains. What size are those pots? What kind of yield per pot? Also if needed can I reach out for help if needed? I understand consulting fees apply at some point. Here's some stuff I bred at home for fun.

20231021 165559
20231028 165738
20221018 174343
20221021 172728
Top Bottom