Lies our fathers told us humidity

• Thread starter Moses249
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I have a shipping container I'm growing in which is completely sealed air tight. My split sucks so much moisture out of there I'm running an evap cooler and can't get it above 45%

AHA!! It's the Minisplit! Where else could all that moisture go but get sucked out by the ac units? The systems are set as cold as they'll go, right? See if there is a way to run them on a low power setting. If the coils aren't quite as cold, there will be less condensation- and that means more humidity.

Bottom line here, for those who can yet afford it; look into chillers as an affordable and versatile option, or perhaps a heat pump. I hear growers are enjoying the benefits of geothermal piping along with heat pumps... and the new thing on the horizon (only in development since the 1980s?) Is a gas powered heat pump. Driven by a natural gas powered motor, the unit runs even more efficiently than its electric counterpart.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Bottom line here, for those who can yet afford it; look into chillers as an affordable and versatile option, or perhaps a heat pump. I hear growers are enjoying the benefits of geothermal piping along with heat pumps... and the new thing on the horizon (only in development since the 1980s?) Is a gas powered heat pump. Driven by a natural gas powered motor, the unit runs even more efficiently than its electric counterpart.

What do you mean by chiller? I have heard of water chillers but I don't know how you would use it to cool a room.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Aye, or search through woodsmaneh's posts. I think he's really MacGyver, in disguise as a Canadian grower. Just puttin' it out there.

D

drizzle1994

BUMP my humidity is 25% to 30% and i have been noticing my one plant is suffering what looks like nute burn on the new growth of new bud shoots (check out my pics) and i am wondering if that could be from my humidity being too low? and im scared to put a humidifier in my room because i work for 8 hours and im sure it will dry out, is it bad if it runs dry for an hour or two before i get home from work? is this a fire hazard? any info is appreciated

IMG 1190
IMG 1191
IMG 1192
IMG 1193
IMG 1194
AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

According to that looks like low humidity. Leaves turning in to restrict the amount of light hitting them thus slowing down their "perspiration" even more. Total guess based on that article on my part though.

Natural

Natural

BUMP my humidity is 25% to 30% and i have been noticing my one plant is suffering what looks like nute burn on the new growth of new bud shoots (check out my pics) and i am wondering if that could be from my humidity being too low? and im scared to put a humidifier in my room because i work for 8 hours and im sure it will dry out, is it bad if it runs dry for an hour or two before i get home from work? is this a fire hazard? any info is appreciated
swamp cooler homie

ken dog

ken dog

if your day time temps are 70F what are you doing for night time temps? staying the same or going down to 65?

Are you running 70% humidity during the day and night? Or do you have different settings for day and night? I dont know but it seems like maybe its a good idea to run it slighlty drier during the dark period to help the plants respirate or something?

R you guys running the same during the day and night for humidity?

Thanks to all for the respones, I just find it incredible that all the books + magazines + most conventional regurgatated humidity threads online all the say the same shit about 50% humidity during the day and night which is cleary total fucking bullshit.

Thing is, unless you learn about vapor pressure deficit on your own, you will never be able to make a value judgment on what is truly bullshit, and what is not.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

So I been growing for a long time and am starting to feel like i was lied to about humidity and cannabis especially during flowering. I have always tried to based on the litreature in books and online to keep the humidity in my flower room at 50- 55% day and night. However I am seriously beginning to suspect that actually cannabis likes much higher humidity when flowering like upwards of 70%. I have also followed some grow diaries on here by people that really seem to know what the fuck they are doing like gettogro and have seen that they are actually buying and installing large scale humidifiers in order to get the humidity in thier flower rooms up higher than what the litreature says. so what the fuck is the deal? I mean for real? why has all the litreature and online posts telling people to keep thier humidity down when that is really hurting the plants? So farmers tell me what u think and what you do and why you think and do what you do. Lets hear from some people that arent just vomiting back up jorge's books.
Well wen my humidity gets up past 65-70 i start to get water sitting on leaves and nugs that could start rot or mould in denser nugs.they dont seem to grow any faster or slower though.
I try to run similar temperature and humidity at night as I do during the daytime.
I do that also.i try to keep my temps as close to daytime temps as possible.i found warmer nights above around 22C(71/2f) gives me more swollen tops.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

If you cant hardline a 1/4''feed line for water to your humidifier than time how long a full load of water lasts and put it on a timer for peace of mind.

C21H26O2

C21H26O2

I'm having the same problems right now as drizzle. What humidifiers / DIY humidifiers are you using? Using a tent as well

dankninja

dankninja

i use any cheap cool mist with a titan eos humidity controller, set to 55%. there are smart humidifiers with built in hygrostat/humidostats as well

DN

dankninja

dankninja

i use any cheap cool mist with a titan eos humidity controller, set to 55%. there are smart humidifiers with built in hygrostat/humidostats as well

DN

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Ah ha heres a thought, In Nature a Plant would generally be finisihing as fall / Winter
Approach ,WHich means usually the air Temperature begins to drop,thus Raising Humidity
.. there for it kind of sounds Logical .. they'd like higher humidity as they mature... :-)

dankninja

dankninja

50% isnt a dealbreaker for sure. ive run up to 65% with good results, fatten up a lil more towards end. one buddy never bothers adjusting at all. another buddy said he liked to run humidity high beginning and middle of flower, then cutting it down to increase resin output.

DN

M

McJface

Hey . I was looking up information on humidity levels.
I'm in 2m grow tent 14 plants. They are placed in 2 screens a bigger one and a smaller one ,few plants grown regularly Beside the larger screen.

I'm glad I found this topic. I have high humidity 75 80% r h wit light off 65 75% lights on. In the picture I have below there one white fan, there is four of them all together,one under each screen another one to the side .
there seems to be great circulation , there isn't one leave that isn't flapping.
I heard fans will help move any stagnant air that form around the buds. don't have any dehumidifier I am broke until the end of this month I'm currently in day 39 of flower.
very worried that I will get fungus and mould.
Am I in trouble with the humidity at those levels
When people do the vpd with their plants do they not worry or do they use circulation to combat any pathogens fungus etc

Post 130073 0 51937400 1473376177 thumb
Post 130073 0 71255200 1473073841
Post 130073 0 72282100 1473074994 thumb

M

McJface

Light on humidity 55 60% RH TEMPS 27-28C, light off humidity 68 70% RH TEMPS 2OC.
Big change! a lot of it out of my hands, The weather certainly has got cooler in my part the world 4,5 Celsius drop..

Top Bottom