Lights Off For Killing Mites

• Thread starter MANUTD21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MANUTD21

ive had some one tell me that this method worked wonders for him and killed 80 to 90 percent of all his mites.
basically he told me to add cold air to my grow room untill temps fall drastically to 50 farenheith 10 degrees celcius which is very low and turn lights off for 24 hours and just let the room sit in darkness and very cold temps to kill em off.
now i know this can interupt my light cycle in flowering but dont think missing 12 hours of light will upset plants to much over not getting light for 24 hours,i know it takes days of light cycles being wrong to take affect so thats least of my worrys.
my only worry is can the air being that cold damage my plants or buds at all and do people think this method will help or have yas tried this method yaself.thinking of trying.got a crop there 6 weeks in to flower but then again being to cold for 24 hopurs shouldnt harm my plants to much.
what you guys think.

i cant spray them theres far to many leafs so thats out the question now and also fogbombs dangerous to buds so lights off and cold air seems only option.
also having temps so low will send humidity thru the roof but then again it only for 24 hours just to kill mites off.
any help be apreciated

Dbear180

Dbear180

I agree 100% prevention is key. A clean room is a happy room. Don't bring anybody else around & dont work outside then come inside the room with same clothes on. Sensei was unintentionally infecting my rooms with mites from his spot everytime he came over to check up on me. After he passed on a few years ago, I've never had mites since lol. I used forbid for a few years & one time said ef it ima see what happens... still no mites to this day.

M

MANUTD21

nice one guys i had to ask as its not sumot ive seen mentioned before lol ya reckon a course of mighty wash used twice will slow em down.dont need get rid of em all guys just enough so they dont cover my colas in shit loads of webbing

M

MANUTD21

but also if i keep temps at 60 f lights off and 70 f lights on this should stop them getting worse what ya think

M

MANUTD21

ok ya think cold temps can stop more eggs hatching as what i have found is theres 1000s of eggs.what temps will eggs usually hatch.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Sure , cold temps will slow down the hatching but it will also slow the plants down. Soon as the temps rise again they'll be right back.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

If your doing single runs then when harvest is finished, clean your room then set your temp to 85 degrees for 3 days then bomb spray and do another through cleaning. The high temps will allow the eggs to hatch and then the bombs and sprays will eliminate most of the hatched mites.

M

MANUTD21

Sure , cold temps will slow down the hatching but it will also slow the plants down. Soon as the temps rise again they'll be right back.
well only got 3 weeks left bro so supose if i can run lights on at 22 celcius and 15 celcius lights off ill be laughing hopefully wont get a crazy infestation last 3 weeks if keep temps low

M

MANUTD21

If your doing single runs then when harvest is finished, clean your room then set your temp to 85 degrees for 3 days then bomb spray and do another through cleaning. The high temps will allow the eggs to hatch and then the bombs and sprays will eliminate most of the hatched mites.
do this whilst there drying ye mate

Top Bottom