Magnum White Widow

• Thread starter Smegal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smegal

Smegal

Well here we go again. I usually grow photos but want to give autos another go round. The last time was a learning experience as it was the first autos I'd ever grown. I made some mistakes and got fluffy weak buds that smelled like cucumbers when I harvested it. Weak buzz with very little hang time. But with the help of some great growing advice I received from growers here, I believe I can do much better this time round.
I planted this one in its final pot from jump. I'm using ocean forest soil with bottom watering. I have a grow room this time instead of my bath tub and starting with a 250 w t5 with white and blue HO bulbs. And a 1000w dimmable hps for flower. I won't be using any veg nutes but have some king kola bud enhancer by emerald forest to use at flowering time. My grow room is quite full so I'm only doing one right now. I hope it's a female. This one is two weeks old now and looking real good.

Magnum white widow
Reactions: Ina
Smegal

Smegal

This one broke ground on the 17th so I'm hoping she's finished around the 4th of july. That will be 12 weeks. Maybe .

Zoidberg

Zoidberg

Hey man, hope I'm not ruining your thread but I was wondering if you had any info on the strain. I happened to have a couple of these that I started about a month ago and haven't found much useful info on them yet. Mine are fairly healthy which is my primary concern but any info/links you could share would be awesome. I can post pics if you'd like. I did tie mine down yesterday (LST), first time trying this type of training so hopefully it works out. Thanks for making this thread and good luck!

Smegal

Smegal

I look forward to responses from fellow growers. Feel free to do so. I'm no expert but I do know autos do not like to be messed with. You want to plant them in their final container from jump. Do not top them as they may not recover in time to maintain its timeline. If you mess with them too much they can herm! They will grow up to 3 inches per day after preflower which happens around week 4 or 5. But you don't want to treat them as flowering until they stop growing taller. Mag autos will grow to around 5 ft tall. And can yield over a pound of weed. But without co2 you can expect around 1/4 to 1/2 lbs per plant. If grown properly the bud will be firm potent and dank. If not the buds can be fluffy and smell like cucumbers when dried. I would suggest using a strong light and keep it on 24/7. Use a good soil and feed it a good bloom booster at flower. I love to see pics of other people's weed so show and tell. We can compare along the way.

Smegal

Smegal

This my veg room. The big one is an auto-clone. The mother has already flowered, been dried and smoked . Yet, now 5 months old...it's flowering.
the one on the left is a magnum white widow I got from canna seed traders.
the next three are bag weed seed. But, from their appearance they too may be autos. It maybe a bit early to really say. In my experience autos grow secondary branches earlier than photos.
20180601 194443
20180601 193232

20180601 193243
Reactions: Ina
Smegal

Smegal

Although my camera won't show it the others look like they may be autos as well. They came from the same batch of seeds I was collecting. So I germinated some from another source that I can assure are photos.

Smegal

Smegal

I have an auto that the stiples are dieing. There is no sign of preflower, male or female. I tried to get a picture but my camera won't focus on it up close. Any ideas?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I have an auto that the stiples are dieing. There is no sign of preflower, male or female. I tried to get a picture but my camera won't focus on it up close. Any ideas?
Macro lens

Smegal

Smegal

OK I got a better picture. WTF is going on here. The plant is in overall good shape.

20180614 050300 1
Smegal

Smegal

I still don't know what's going on with these dieing stiples but they're still growing good. Starting to show gender although too small to tell which.

20180618 001738
Smegal

Smegal

My new light arises tuesday. I was using a 1000w dimmable but it keeps going on and off by itself and blowing bulbs, so I ordered a 1000w led full spectrum. Until then I have all 10 of my plants under this 250w t5. In the white bucket I have photos. Next to that is anot auto the other buckets are autos too with some photos sharing space with them. The first auto has preflowered but the other two look as though they will anyday. They are bag weed seeds and they are very different even though they came from the same bag. The one in back is growing an inch per day yet it hasn't yet preflowered. The first auto has preflowered and the stiles keep dying back. The auto in the middle wreeks with terpenes yet it hasn't yet prefloered. A real mixed bag this go round.

20180622 143655
20180622 143839
Smegal

Smegal

Another male. And it had such great terpenes already! Oh well. The other two have preflowered and one has even started to show signs of flowering. They came from the same bag of weed but couldn't be more different. They broke ground only 1 day apart but one is 26 inches and the other only 12. The photos are doing well too. I FIMed them and it's working out great. As soon as I get the new led setup I'll start LST on them.

20180627 094830
20180627 094840
20180627 095008
Smegal

Smegal

My new light hasn't Come yet!! They said it had been delivered on the 21 and emailed me saying it would come on the 26th but I haven't seen it yet.

Smegal

Smegal

It's looking like someone stole my light! Fed-x dropped it out by the gate. That's nearly 5 acres of woods away. I never leave here so it could sit out there for a week before anyone would know. Locals go by and see it, thinking no one lives out here and take it. It may take a minute to get worked out. DAMN. I have 10 plants under a 4ft coral tank t5 . It's very crowded.

Smegal

Smegal

I haven't gotten the led thing worked out yet but was able to get my hands on a 1000w hps bulb! I was able to spread out a bit and get better penitration . Got three new seedlings of triple platinum kush. The autos have not yet started flowering but are still growing. One is 37 inches and the other is 17 inches. Both poped within 24 hours of each other and came from the same weed.

20180705 002744
Smegal

Smegal

Got an email today telling me my led will be here Saturday! That's great because my hps is going on and off by itself every 3 or 4 minutes. Thought maybe it was over heating. But it still does it with the airconditioner blowing on it. So for now the plants are back under the t5. The big one is 38 inches and the other auto is 19. All the photos are doing great too.

20180708 183351

Latest posts

Top Bottom