MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I was invited to both co-ops because in both groups they wanted the bud to turn out just loke mine. In one the Genetics are nearly all mine and in the other i'm allowed my choice of my share and my own grow area on top of it. I'm in charge of both grows. What that was to be is I tell them what needs to be done and they get it done. In practis turns out more like I show how it's done while I explain then watch to see it getting done while taking questions, then they take over and I get called right back to show them again. Then I double check it got done right and end up doing it over. Some of these kids have degrees and still can't get it! I'm just worn down but it is nearly over and I'll end up doing very well, just a lot for an old guy. I feel more like a worker ant than a teacher! There are a number of fires around and all the smoke is bothering me also.

stonestacker

stonestacker

I was invited to both co-ops because in both groups they wanted the bud to turn out just loke mine. In one the Genetics are nearly all mine and in the other i'm allowed my choice of my share and my own grow area on top of it. I'm in charge of both grows. What that was to be is I tell them what needs to be done and they get it done. In practis turns out more like I show how it's done while I explain then watch to see it getting done while taking questions, then they take over and I get called right back to show them again. Then I double check it got done right and end up doing it over. Some of these kids have degrees and still can't get it! I'm just worn down but it is nearly over and I'll end up doing very well, just a lot for an old guy. I feel more like a worker ant than a teacher! There are a number of fires around and all the smoke is bothering me also.
You got this Mark it's keeping you young.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I understand we have over grown the market here in Cali. Prices reflect that last year. A few things have changed though. We produce 70% of the national market with 4 /5 's of the cannabis grown ending up out of state. Last year was a bumper crop and exceded demand. But this year even more was planted in antisapation of the legalizatiin in Cali.many experts expected a 600 % increase in state demand. Now we have the fires and 40% or more of this years crop has burned or recieved smoke damage. Sanoma and mendo are the hardest hit areas with humbolt and other northern areas also recieving smoke damage fron the oregon fires . This leaves butte co. Being one of the less involved fire areas. Most of the smoke and damage was on the valley floor. Growers in unefected or less inflicted areas are likely to reap a binefit when it comes to quallity , yield and prices this year as demand grows . But this is not a forgiving tragic event on the overal market. One breader , Subcool lose everything and like all of the effected growers there is no insurance availible. Equipment and even cash from the investments all went up in smoke! Many lost there homes and some there lives. A sad day for our industry and state !

below frigid

below frigid

Almost time to start harvast! 9 weeks flower on the 15th! Purple D will be the first to be chopped! The co-op grows are already under way(except my share) i like em more mature !

Started taking my down a couple of days ago. Should be done this weekend with the exception of a few plants that need a week or two longer. Sort of funny, I have been pulling all the yellows as they show to make life a little easier during harvest. They don't look so done without all the yellow leaves. Have to look close ( pistils, trichs, overall appearance ). Good luck with harvest, the work starts now.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I understand we have over grown the market here in Cali. Prices reflect that last year. A few things have changed though. We produce 70% of the national market with 4 /5 's of the cannabis grown ending up out of state. Last year was a bumper crop and exceded demand. But this year even more was planted in antisapation of the legalizatiin in Cali.many experts expected a 600 % increase in state demand. Now we have the fires and 40% or more of this years crop has burned or recieved smoke damage. Sanoma and mendo are the hardest hit areas with humbolt and other northern areas also recieving smoke damage fron the oregon fires . This leaves butte co. Being one of the less involved fire areas. Most of the smoke and damage was on the valley floor. Growers in unefected or less inflicted areas are likely to reap a binefit when it comes to quallity , yield and prices this year as demand grows . But this is not a forgiving tragic event on the overal market. One breader , Subcool lose everything and like all of the effected growers there is no insurance availible. Equipment and even cash from the investments all went up in smoke! Many lost there homes and some there lives. A sad day for our industry and state !
My prayers for all the Norcal brothers and sisters!!!! And anyone else affected by these fires.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Check my plantd with a loop and they still have a little ways to go. Had an event last night. Ripper tryed to sneek in to the gerrnhoyses from the road they got to my barb wire fience before setting off an alarm. I came running out of the RV half naked with my m-16 and DX-40 but they were still on the other side of the wire. They set off a pepper bomb on the way out, lol! They dropped some wire cutters and a roll of trash bags. Also lost a shoe and sime blood on the bushes.I did fore off a burst in full auto but only at tge ground to warn them. They had a silver s10 truck. Dam I need to dig a big hole with the tractor somewhere out in the forest incase they return. I could have caught them if I was younger.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Dam hear through the grape vine authorities think all the fires were started by Mexican Cartel to burn out the legal pot market. O was wondering because it seemed the richist grow areas got hit just before harvast time . At least a 40% loss for farmers, maybe much more!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I'm good had a nearby fire and didn't evac ,plants would have died. Not much smoke here but just over yhe ridge a bunch of people lost everything !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Saw an articzl saying because of the fires prices will be going up this uear at least 20% and likely more than that. Full damage won't be known until all the evacuations are lifted and product in smokey areas are tested for toxins . I only got a third of my crop after being ripped and only got 1500 to 1600 a unit for it. I had to sell one or two at a time also. Hope to get at least that and have an easyer time unloading it. This crop is looking loke the best quality in years! Yield is good also. Only problem I've had is hard heavy buds bending even tied up branches.no bugs no mold and frosty as hell again!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Check my plantd with a loop and they still have a little ways to go. Had an event last night. Ripper tryed to sneek in to the gerrnhoyses from the road they got to my barb wire fience before setting off an alarm. I came running out of the RV half naked with my m-16 and DX-40 but they were still on the other side of the wire. They set off a pepper bomb on the way out, lol! They dropped some wire cutters and a roll of trash bags. Also lost a shoe and sime blood on the bushes.I did fore off a burst in full auto but only at tge ground to warn them. They had a silver s10 truck. Dam I need to dig a big hole with the tractor somewhere out in the forest in case they return. I could have caught them if I was younger.
Let the faster than a speeding bullet theory take care of that. My next shots wouldnt be the ground. Glad to hear your grow and you are intact. Be safe out there brother, it is a crazy world......... 9 times outta 10 times a ripper will be someone you know......... Might check your associate inventory... Peace

Last edited:
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I non't shoot unless I can hit my target. I agree 9 out of 10 times it's people around you.This time I don't think that's the case..I think it was randem rippers. In this area they drive aroynd looking for grows early and come back and hit a string of growers. They may use spotters that you may know however. It's gang activities . Also Cartel growers will harvast yours along with there own grows !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Leew421 Not sure how many people are all that intrested in my modest grow. Also don't want to give away any security secrets . I'll takes a few pics and go through them first before posting them. I'm a little paranoid that possible rippers may watch my thread and get info to help them rip me again. Lots of people worried about the Feds but As long as you stay small they really aren't a problem , rippers are a much bigger problem here in Cali !

Top Bottom