MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep a lot less stress! I'll also be happy to have it all cured weighed and packaged. Still don't have all of it back from my trimmer!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I have a ton of trim and pop corn buds to make into hash. I'll make a bunch of pressed hash, even tjough I sure alot of it will end up as oil or wax somewhere .

stonestacker

stonestacker

Merry Christmas Mark.
The majority of the work is over time to relax and enjoy some of the fruits and reflect on the year. And on my end it has been one hell of a year... Just about time for 2018 to be welcomed with open arms. Hopefully lots of quality time with family and loved ones.
Be well.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Almost got all my buds back from the trimmer! Next I can weigh in and finnish curing.

Looking at a piece of property soon. 10 acres about 1/3 the way down the mountian closer to town. Still on a dirt road but not that far off the road. Has a double wide and garage. Power, well ,septic and phone line. Fienced with 3 acres level and some pine and cedar trees. It has a large propaine tank , wood stove also. Needs clearing of brush/ trees for an orchard and greenhouse. $80,000.00. Needs a little work . Older lady used it for storage after her husband passed away..She is nearly 90 now and lives in town. Thinking solar pre hot water heater and solar power backed up by a diesel generator. A big pile of wood for the wood stove and put in a root sellar right away. Also will need some remodeling. It's close to a fire station and post office and much closer to shoping in town. May even have enough room to put a mobil home on for a rental ?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh and useually below the snow line ! Not sure if it's low enough for citrus and nut trees yet but that would be nice if it is. Should be able to grow everything else. Might take a couple of years to get improvements done and set up for seed runs!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I looked at the property and like what I saw. Only thing is the mobil home. While it's in good shape for being so old i'd replace it at some point with a newer one, or maybe put a newer one in and keep the old one to grow in?

stonestacker

stonestacker

Happy New Year Mark,
I don't know about prices around you, but around me that sounds like a good deal. Definitely would be a good project for a few years anyway. How's the water availability? It definitely has a lot more modern conveniences that what you already have. So many possibilities.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Has a well , septic ,power and propane tank all hooked up to the moble home. Wood stove also in the moble home. It's in good shape for a 1970 but one bedroom is still wired with aluminium wiring. It looks really old but in good condition. I'm thinking I'd put a newer one in at some point and used than spot to put a cover over the motorhome with it all hooked up .

stonestacker

stonestacker

I must admit I don't know anything about drilling wells in the mountains. But it sounds difficult and expensive. The well company or maybe the county will have records on the well, depth and gallons per minute.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The well was dug in the 60's. No records around but it produces good water and has ample presure. The lady remembers here husband put a new pump in in the late 80's, early 90's. Also no info on the septic other than it's about the same age and never had any problems with it. The MH has two full baths and an the garage has a shower ,toilet and kitchen sink. There are 12 out side fosits on the property , there all over the place !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
One car garage with two carpited rooms back one has the toilet and shower while the front one has counters with kitchen sink.also has a wood stove in the garage ,one metal roll up door and a metal side door. There is a storage buildung with hinged double doors and two cargo containers , also 5 hevey metal car covers one has been fixed with metal siding and door and has a washer and dryer in it. With power. I think it's a good deal for the price just needs alot of clean up and clearing of trees and brush has grown over it in places as well . Mostly level with a slight slop on the bottem and no huge trees maybe 6 inch trunks at most.

stonestacker

stonestacker

One car garage with two carpited rooms back one has the toilet and shower while the front one has counters with kitchen sink.also has a wood stove in the garage ,one metal roll up door and a metal side door. There is a storage buildung with hinged double doors and two cargo containers , also 5 hevey metal car covers one has been fixed with metal siding and door and has a washer and dryer in it. With power. I think it's a good deal for the price just needs alot of clean up and clearing of trees and brush has grown over it in places as well . Mostly level with a slight slop on the bottem and no huge trees maybe 6 inch trunks at most.
Sounds like a great find.

Top Bottom