Multiple Strain Grow-killer Genetics

• Thread starter RHINObeast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

So, heres the buzz, I'm fucking heated right now because I just noticed some little fuckers crawling around in my soil. Now I've been going at this for years and have done the SAME thing EVERY time with no issue. Fortunately no stress to the plant......YET. So i visited my local htg supply store and talked to a couple very knowledgeable growers and let them know what the issue was. I bet you're all wondering what type of bugs......ROOT APHIDS. They came in my Fox Farm Soil. I have done SO much research seeing if I had any flaws in my plants and clearly that is not the issue, My PH is mint, my watering schedule mint, I literally could not put this on the plants. Sure enough I opened up the bag of FOX FARM OCEAN FOREST, and guess what......ROOT APHIDS crawling in the fucking bag too.....So here is my resolution, I could go and buy Organocide, Botanigard, H202 (which I did hit the plants with this for my up coming detail in this post as a preventative until I take my next step), but here's the thing, why am I going to spend bullshit money, and may NOT even find an escape to this. Here's MY resolution, (which I brought my idea to these guys), and yes you're all going to say watch out for plant shock, but I would be taking the risk with the chemicals anyways. I'm going to take out the plants from their pots and soak all the fucking soil out of the plants, and then these bitches are going in my brand new Hydro DWC set up. I'm all done with soil, this shit is a headache and I've just been battling to try to control this. Root Aphids don't live in water, they don't like to be drowned, They can't live without soil, so this was my idea to switch to Hydro. It's my first setup after years of soil grow, and I'm extremely excited. When I presented this to the guys over there, they said it is DEFINITELY possible and the idea makes sense and that they have seen this done before for the same issue, so it was nice to hear that I wasn't the only one with this issue. On the flip side, I had to buy the works, Air Stones, Air Pumps, Hoses, Pebbles and this one hurt....New Nutes...I'm using a couple of High test PVC sterilite bins and putting only 3 plants for each bin (6 plants total). I will post pictures of the setup once I complete it today. IF ANYONE HAS ANY TIPS OR IDEAS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!! @SatansTaint @mandalaman @orbiter252 @GreasyEasy

SatansTaint

SatansTaint

Dude, that is brutal.
Ok, full disclosure, I stopped using fox farms after they got bought out and the soil formula changed. I didn't get a bunch of bugs , but my next round was horrible, so I went online and poked around a bit and found out they changed the soil. I'm sorry I didn't bring this up earlier, but I don't wanna come off as snobby know it all, and tell you your dirt sucks . But anyway , there is a local super soil out of Vermont that I use and love . I know you are local and can find it

Vermont Compost Company
And I use the Fort Vee mix

Good luck buddy.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Dude, that is brutal.
Ok, full disclosure, I stopped using fox farms after they got bought out and the soil formula changed. I didn't get a bunch of bugs , but my next round was horrible, so I went online and poked around a bit and found out they changed the soil. I'm sorry I didn't bring this up earlier, but I don't wanna come off as snobby know it all, and tell you your dirt sucks . But anyway , there is a local super soil out of Vermont that I use and love . I know you are local and can find it

Vermont Compost Company
And I use the Fort Vee mix

Good luck buddy.
Hey man, no snobbiness in my book, you shoulda told me lol! I don't take criticism as a negative, I know out there there is a million other growers that do what best works for them, but if we didn't take advice and face troubles how are we gonna learn! Dirt does suck (at least now) because of my issue right now. Can you get that Fort Vee Mix around here in Mass?

What do you think about this whole thing, taking the plants out of their soil environment and putting them into a hydro environment? Worst comes to worst, I have two pretty nice Sour Kosher clones that are just waiting for me to put them in this new setup but I need to clean it out with the old lady when she gets home from work. (Give me your know it all skill lololol, jk man)

SatansTaint

SatansTaint

That's an interesting decision, for me , I've been using dirt since I started, and it's what I'm comfortable with. I say it depends on you, if you wanna switch it up and do hydro , I say go for it.
I've never gone hydro , so I can't offer up much advice on that . As far going from dirt to hydro , yeah you can do that, you just need to be thorough when you clean out the roots .
And for the Vermont soil , yeah I get it in Northborough, it's around other places too, and you can get it on Amazon too

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Sour Kosher, Sour Kosher Clone and Glueberry Og, The back left was dropping the same on the top as the bottom about an hour and a half ago, from my eyes it looks like it's trying to perk up, not sure if that's too soon to tell, but it's going well, just got my Larry Og to go through and I'm done! I'll post photos of my setup shortly

IMG 0390
IMG 0391
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Sour Kosher, Sour Kosher Clone and Glueberry Og, The back left was dropping the same on the top as the bottom about an hour and a half ago, from my eyes it looks like it's trying to perk up, not sure if that's too soon to tell, but it's going well, just got my Larry Og to go through and I'm done! I'll post photos of my setup shortly
One last shot at my favorite girl SK before she got put in the system

IMG 0388
SatansTaint

SatansTaint

I actually just shut down for the first time in 6 yrs. We put our house on the market last week , and can't have that going . I hope to be back up running in about a month, got lots of beans to sort through and a new big mom tent to fill.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Haha nice dude! Well when you do go back up I will be sure to follow, I'm a big fan of these new powerful hybrids, my brother in law had some tangie and my God that shit was great. I threw in a bĂłveda in my jar and saved it for over two months just burned my last backwoods of that stuff yesterday, although I prefer anything oh kush crossed such a nice mellow relaxing feeling.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Sour Kosher Clones Rooted in 7 days. I used Clonex Solution / Clonez Gel and a 9 site Ez Cloner
Nice.just in the interest of sharing knowledge iv seen me putting 2 and once or twice even 3 cuts in a puck and em all rooting fine.just incase your ever needing to root more than 9 cuts.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Nice.just in the interest of sharing knowledge iv seen me putting 2 and once or twice even 3 cuts in a puck and em all rooting fine.just incase your ever needing to root more than 9 cuts.
Nice man very helpful, I just put the cuts in the dwc, lovin this ez cloner!

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Sorry that's supposed to say kloner not klp era
I just put another thread up on droopiness in the hydro section but here's some pics of the plants today any thoughts or just cuz of the transplant?

IMG 0426
IMG 0427
IMG 0428
IMG 0429
IMG 0430
IMG 0431
IMG 0432
IMG 0433
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

And this was maybe 4 hours after transplant yesterday, water levels are sitting covering .5 inch of the bottom
Of the netpot. 4 two inch air stones in each reservoir, temps at 71 degrees in the water, 79 to 81 degrees ambient air temp, 45 to 60 humidity levels. Lowered PH this morning from the risen 6.4 to a 5.6 to 5.8, Don't understand how they perk up so nicely like this and then fucking look a little lifeless after a nights rest

IMG 0406
IMG 0407
IMG 0408
IMG 0409
IMG 0410
IMG 0411
IMG 0412
IMG 0413
IMG 0414
IMG 0415
IMG 0416
IMG 0417
IMG 0418
IMG 0419
SatansTaint

SatansTaint

Damn, wish I could help on that.
I would say give them some time , see what they are like tonight, maybe just adjusting to the medium change .

Top Bottom