My $200.00 NFT Rain Gutter system

• Thread starter Canappa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Coir

Coir

Tomatoes, lettuce, basil, peppers, and melons all get the same stuff all the time. It would be the same for the veg cycle on cannabis. There would be some minor changes to make it into a flowering formula.

vaporedout

vaporedout

so this may be a dumb question, but before those new fancy gutters with the guards, how do you keep the plants to stay there? do you put coco in the gutter? is the cd holding them in place? i think that gutter guard will hold them nicely in place, even if you only bought one guard you could cut it to the size of a big cube. im really diggin your setup, very nice and clean.

Canappa

Canappa

so this may be a dumb question, but before those new fancy gutters with the guards, how do you keep the plants to stay there? do you put coco in the gutter? is the cd holding them in place? i think that gutter guard will hold them nicely in place, even if you only bought one guard you could cut it to the size of a big cube. im really diggin your setup, very nice and clean.

Thanks bro,I have 3" cubes in the gutters, nothing holds them the roots support the plants, nothing on the gutters except roots with the plastic over the gutters and the cd to reflect the light. I am sure a gutter guard would help but with the net over the plants this it supports the plans from falling

Canappa

Canappa

Quick look at the room, the set up is running smooth and only problem is my Ph rising think is the temps at night getting to cold and I have to calibrate my meters...
DSCF3275
DSCF3288

B

boo

well I'll be damned...I'd never have thought one could grow weed in a gutter but heck, seems easy peasy...great concept and great work...scroggin at it's finest...

Canappa

Canappa

Thanks Boo, Been working on it for over 10 years now, I love it,
thanks for stopping and welcome to the farm again, lol

B

boo

y'all are rockin nola 'eh...I tried scrog many moons ago but due to where I reside, plant count is critical...I decided to flower trees indoors...been doing it for a long time...speakin of long time, bet I''m the only guy here that veg's for up to 8 months...just me I guess...super clean set up brother, keepin pH stable is hard...I run peat and I have to reset my pH every day if there's leftovers...got this thread tagged, gotta find where they put the chairs in this joint so this old man can get comfy...I hurt all over today dammit

Canappa

Canappa

y'all are rockin nola 'eh...I tried scrog many moons ago but due to where I reside, plant count is critical...I decided to flower trees indoors...been doing it for a long time...speakin of long time, bet I''m the only guy here that veg's for up to 8 months...just me I guess...super clean set up brother, keepin pH stable is hard...I run peat and I have to reset my pH every day if there's leftovers...got this thread tagged, gotta find where they put the chairs in this joint so this old man can get comfy...I hurt all over today dammit

OK veg for 8 months , O I have to see some pics. Everybody has their own ways of growing, thats what makes this plant so great... I know about pain my friend I been working as a Mechainc for 25+ years I come home everyday with pain. I take my meds and I am good for the night...Good luck with that pain bro...

B

boo

too funny....I'm a wrench as well...heres some pics of what I've done recently...got an L-89, copo, and a RR/SS 427 that im modding as we speak...I gotta post a few pics of my goliath...900 hp in a 55 chebbie pickup...shaved, tubbed, slammed, and an attitude that makes grown men cry...my problem is I keep 'em...I'm a sick man...ask around

KGrHqFn0FGw UodLEBRu6SFTvg60 3
Camaro
B

boo

cana, I'll try and post up pics of my long term veggers...some have stalks that are 3/8" thick and are in keg cups...I just don't have a big enough flower room and living where I do I'm afraid of kicking out a wall or two...

Canappa

Canappa

too funny....I'm a wrench as well...heres some pics of what I've done recently...got an L-89, copo, and a RR/SS 427 that im modding as we speak...I gotta post a few pics of my goliath...900 hp in a 55 chebbie pickup...shaved, tubbed, slammed, and an attitude that makes grown men cry...my problem is I keep 'em...I'm a sick man...ask around

Love the COPO. Them are sure some nice rides! ok here are mine cant come close to yours lol, I had a 07 Trailblazer SS, just sold a few months ago . My 78 malibu pro charged small block run low 10s, and the daily driver 99 XJR supercharged, current project 93 Pontiac Firebird with a original 68 GTO Pontiac 400 with 62 heads all matching traced numbers on the motor, it come out of s 68 GTO 4 speed car 365hp stock. Currently its all rebuilt pushing a good 500+hp just a street car to cruse around in. A ture Pontiac, yeh I love them old Ponchos.
4478 88369181126 7676863 n 401861 10151433424036127 213406086 n221924 10150165917611127 6651211 n

B

boo

nice stuff cana...a poncho was my first ride...41 pontiac 2 door with a straight eight...geez I plowed down some trees with that heap...I'm installing this 427 roller motor into another 69 RS/SS this week...
69camarobuild 004

Canappa

Canappa

nice stuff cana...a poncho was my first ride...41 pontiac 2 door with a straight eight...geez I plowed down some trees with that heap...I'm installing this 427 roller motor into another 69 RS/SS this week...View attachment 366878

They sure dont build them like they used too. Nice, only a gear head can appreciate a photo of a big block, lol

B

boo

I hear yas there brother...amazing on how much money you can stuff into the workings of these things...I've done well with the big blocks...bought a 69 427 back in 1989 and sold it in 2008 for 98K...I'd buy it back if I could...I just loved that car...it was built by Nickey in Chicago

Canappa

Canappa

I hear yas there brother...amazing on how much money you can stuff into the workings of these things...I've done well with the big blocks...bought a 69 427 back in 1989 and sold it in 2008 for 98K...I'd buy it back if I could...I just loved that car...it was built by Nickey in Chicago

I just kick myself in the ass for selling all those big blocks so cheap that I had in my garage has a teenager, I must have had 12 laying around

B

boo

wisdom comes as the flesh fails...ain't it always the way...goes to show you the good Lord has a sense of humor don't it...I'm gonna go drag the hound down the street...we hit a coupla miles every night before hot tub time...gettin old hurts...

Canappa

Canappa

Ok Farm need some help on this one, switched to flower on 12-26-13 and I been noticing some slow growth this being the 3rd run, the last two runs I did this past summer where perfect.

I got root rot going on bad, the roots should be nice and white like my last runs The question I want to know is should I just let it go or just call it a loss and start over? Plant continue to grow but slow never experienced this before first hand. I must have ran at least 2 dozen runs in system in the past with no problems.

I researched the forum and did everything but using bleach ? used canna and hygorzyme for the past wk and roots looks a little better. But slow growth continues. these are the pics of the plants today and the root look better than the pic but no new growth. Running a Ph at 6.2 and ppm at 800. To me the plant look ok but the growth concerns me.

Dropped in on 11/26/13
Pics from today...
DSCF3300 DSCF3298DSCF3296 DSCF3297 DSCF3295
pics of roots from from last run at 3 wks in veg
IMG1061 IMG1066

Coir

Coir

How deep is your water in the gutters? For NFT, there should really just be a thin film running across the bottom. The roots will dam it up some but you should always have roots above the water line. What temperature is the water? I have seen issues when the water temp in the root zone is above 78. I would not use bleach at this point unless you plan on scrapping everything. Between cycles, a good scrubbing and then running bleach for 24 hrs through the system then thorough flushing with fresh water is what I do.
At this point I would suggest something like Caps bennies, or Rootshield, or something along those lines to see if you can save them. The nice thing about Cap's is that it has multiple organisms in one rather than having to buy several different products.

Coir

Coir

Forgot to add that having an air stone in the rez or at least a decent fall of returning water to oxygenate is also a good idea!

Canappa

Canappa

Thanks Coir, sorry I never found out about the true NFT term till someone explained it to me. I guess for like a DWC system? I have runs 24/7 its gets about half inch deep, But never had a problem with the water levels. Thanks for the info I will look into it...
I added more oxygen over the weekend. and temp never go over 68 on basement floor stays cold. the one thing did different this runs was but mylor over the gutter instead of the panda plastic that I have always used. I think that may have played a role?

Top Bottom