NATURAL, HOT, LIQUID, DEATH!

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goldenrod

Goldenrod

i love following intelligent conversations. interested in the bennies.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Mine came back okay, at least to where they were or better (were already a little stressed anyway). Should've done the hot water a while ago when I first got them, but I repotted and think they'll be fine.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
In my battle I tried 120'-130' ro water and it seemed like it shocked the semi healthy plants and they took a while(3-7 days)to recover but it was a slow painful death for a sickplant. Imid/Bayer won't work on a sick plant either because a sick plant will not drink.

Yeah all of mine were healthy when I gave the the hot water. One of them stressed a bit and still hasnt shown new roots. The rest blasted new roots out all over the place. I have not seen any RAs again yet, or gnats. I added the foliar pack and root pack back in 2 days ago.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Using this hot water method will also slightly changed your girls terpene profile, usaully for the better. Tell me how you think the smell taste and effect changes after using this method. Take it easy guys.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Hm, just realized my ambiguity above. The plants came back, not the RAs, those got boiled.

I checked before and after for terpenes, but they still smell and taste the same (both quite crunchy, although the live ones wiggle on your tongue and the cooked ones more tender).

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

the stronger of my plants are coming back....already lost a few though.

This is only a good method for plants in near perfect health, which by the time people are realizing these pests, the plants are no longer super healthy.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I had the very beginnign of RA's when I dunked each one for a full 30 seconds. I didnt lose any... I even did the babies. PErhaps a sick plant woudl go down. Mine were all pretty healthy. I did have one go all shocky and get weird crumple leaf and kind of yellow out, but now it has white roots popping out everywhere and new growth as well.

I think this woudl be a perfect method to do just the top soil, and not a full dunk for fungus gnat larvae.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

ya I believe mine were already pretty fucked up from the root aphids/and gnat larvae, not to mention whatever stress I put on them chasing phantom problems.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

I think its just risky advice based on the fact that most people don't notice these things until it is really something to contend with, ya know?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I think its just risky advice based on the fact that most people don't notice these things until it is really something to contend with, ya know?

I agree. What worked for me may not work for others. Take it with a grain of salt I guess, like everything else here.

How are the bugs doing on the plants you hot watered?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

This is only a good method for plants in near perfect health, which by the time people are realizing these pests, the plants are no longer super healthy.
I'll third this. If mine were any less healthy it could've easily done them in. Somebody who still has RAs and gnats should test for lowest water temps to deactivate them.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
RAs are back. fuckers. I monitored a week. nothing. THen I saw a few today while I was moving them to the big room. And a couple of flyers.

Dropped some merit 75 @ 1/2 teaspoon per gal. .

starting bennies again the day after tomorrow (need to brew). Not sure about compatibility of IMID and all the spp of bacteria and fungi. Will have to research this.

What a shitty bug.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
RAs are back. fuckers. I monitored a week. nothing. THen I saw a few today while I was moving them to the big room. And a couple of flyers.

Dropped some merit 75 @ 1/2 teaspoon per gal. .

starting bennies again the day after tomorrow (need to brew). Not sure about compatibility of IMID and all the spp of bacteria and fungi. Will have to research this.

What a shitty bug.
does your caps have the same bennies as the met 52 that everyone was running to combat the RAs ?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
The metharzium and the beavaria are both effective against root aphids.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

ok so reporting back in, mine kinda crashed about 48hrs after the (too) hot water. they were prob already on their way our from the RAs anyway, and i think all but one are done for. gonna watch em rest of the week just for academics..

ethnoman

ethnoman

Excellent tip Cap, thanks for sharing. Always keen to know natural ways of dealing with pests.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

..... caps bennies....recommended.

merit 75......recomended

hell met 52......recomended......

hot water....not so much....can we agree this is not worthwhile any longer?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
..... caps bennies....recommended.

merit 75......recomended

hell met 52......recomended......

hot water....not so much....can we agree this is not worthwhile any longer?

yes. I concur.

I woudl just drop the merit next time and follow up with bennies as a preventative.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
yes. I concur.

I woudl just drop the merit next time and follow up with bennies as a preventative.
yes. I concur.

Yo Cap, mad respect that u answered downwithdirts question honestly and swiftly. Alot of peeps would have lied or dodged the question jus to save face. I salute u dude! U seem to be bout the truth not the image.
Ive been following this thread now with great intrest due to the fact i have had RAs a few times now. I go ape shit on them with merit 75 but b4 that i go contact killer with spectrizide as a long 12 hr dunk, and i spry them down with a foliar of spec aswell. I was really liking the hot water bath as a contact killer idea, sucks it didnt pan out. The other thing i havent metioned is after i treat with spectricide soak ( contact killer) then Merit75(systemic) i follow up with excit-r (pyrythium) with my feeds,works nice in the rez.
U might be wondering why i havent used ur bennies with a regime like that, so heres why; its actually a question for u. I also pretreat plants with eagle 20 (a systemic fungicide) and as we all kno shit is strong. If i mix ur bennies(fungus based) it would wipe them out with the eagle20 thus negating their effectiveness correct?

Confu...

Top Bottom