New Grow With: Black Bubba, Cheshire Kush And Black Berry Train Wreck

• Thread starter Dan789
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dan789

Dan789

Just popped two of each of the following seeds for this grow, Black Bubba, Cheshire Kush & Black Berry Train wreck. Borrowed the germinating method of a wet paper towel inside a CD case. First soaked them for 24 hours in glass of water, then into the CD case/paper towel. All six popped within a few days, (tap root extended out of seed pod) then into “root riot” starter cubes. Waited approx five days for the new sprouts to penetrate the top surface of the starter cube, kept them moist, misting them under a humidity dome for that time period. Finally putting them into some solo cups and some soil mixed with perlite and a light dusting of ”mykos” today.

New grow with black bubba cheshire kush and black berry train wreck
New grow with black bubba cheshire kush and black berry train wreck 2
New grow with black bubba cheshire kush and black berry train wreck 3
Dan789

Dan789

1E33CB65 F89A 496D B07C 2DA7091357E1
Pulled the seedlings out of the soil a few days ago; had an accident, fan fell down and tipped over one of the solo cups, roots hadn’t done anything since hitting the cups. Figured this was learning opportunity anyway and placed them into my new (diy) cloner. One of the Black berry train wreck seedlings gave up, it wasn’t too vigorous, but too bad.
Also popping a few Humbolt seeds Purple D’s to join the party. (They’re in the cd case waiting for them to sprout).

Dan789

Dan789

So what did I learn so far sprouting seeds for the first time?

Had 100% success rate soaking the seeds for 24 hours then popping seeds via the “cd” case method.

Once seeds popped, keep them warm, and give them lots of humidity, that’s where I fell off a bit. I had them in an area where it was both dryer and colder than optimum.

When the seedlings do break through the surface of the growing cubes, watch how much light and how much water they’re given. I wasn’t providing enough light and was a little too exuberant providing water.

Also don’t injure the new seeding stalks as it’s exceedingly easy to do so, and could result in that seeding not making it. Did that to a couple by placing those foam collars around them, that was a mistake.

With all that noted once you do that don’t be surprised at the rate of growth. I’ve got roots poking out of the bottoms of the solo cups on all but the last seeds sprouted and are almost ready for bigger pots.

Also thanks, DT and BombBp.

BB10A83E 4778 4297 BAF7 ADC9B240597B
2845CC4E D7EB 48A7 B69F B25CD37BA5BE
4A8BC4BE C48B 4F58 99EA E68307A751C3
Dunge

Dunge

I liked the way you planted low into cups, then filled the cup.

I was taught direct sow is often the preferred way to start seeds.
Make a shallow hole and set the seed on its side.
The sprout finds its own way.

Looking good.

Dan789

Dan789

@Dunge, After doing it for the first time I wouldn’t be against doing it that way the next time. Nothing mystical, just my inexperience. No more clones for me.

Dunge

Dunge

No more clones for me.

So educate me.
What bad experiences you suffered?

I have always wished that I could easily buy clones.
It's legal in Alaska, but very little legal clarity on clones or seeds.
The gardening supply shops don't dare set out marijuana seeds.
Who needs the headache.

Dan789

Dan789

Nothing really bad with clones, but it’s getting them when you want them versus being able to pop a few seeds whenever you want to start your new grow. I don’t grow during the summer cause I’m inside only and it’s so “blanking hot” during the summer here anyways. (Outside Sacramento). If I had a good connection for a few clones a year, I’d be happy. Most of the time you aren’t controlling what your getting as far as bugs, mold or whatever (with those clones), it isn’t optimal. Most of the dispensaries I’ve visited in Sac are not too discerning with regards to strains of the clones, or even if they’re Sativa or Indica dominants. If it was Southern California that’s a whole different world.
Then there’s dealing with the “dispensary” as it exists around here. Some in the sketchiest of neighborhoods, renta-cops wearing more gear than a big city swat team member. Anyway a scene I’m not into, and am good growing my own all the way. No offense to some of the good dispensaries 30-40 miles away, but then it’s what clones they have, when you want them. And I agree who needs the headache, the grass really isn’t greener.

Dan789

Dan789

215FEB2F E8DF 4C85 A356 BE9546A575E9
More progress. Next step repotting to one gallon pots in the next few days.

Dan789

Dan789

7370E631 65A5 4211 822F FAB9898253F6
Got too crowded in my smaller “clone” tent, moved into a bigger setup with larger T5 fixture. 6500K bulbs

Dan789

Dan789

5F1457A5 E2B1 498F 84FB A8F79DFEC3C1
9D017E64 CC47 4B39 9794 39F3EB15F01E
Transplanted into 3 gallon fiber bags today and yesterday. Have two plants that haven’t shown roots outside of the pots yet. Amazed at the amount of the roots that were present.

Latest posts

Top Bottom