Newbie First Autoflower Grow Afghan Kush And Candy Kush

• Thread starter Bigc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigc

Bigc

Hi guys,

So this is my first attempt at a grow. My setup is a 1mx2mx2m tent. I have 4 x afghan kush ryder from world and seeds and candy kush (cant remember where from)

Currently on day 11 after germinating. Using 2x 24w cfl tube 6400k lumens in a mix of pots using 60/40 gold label hydro coco. I have biobizz range for nutes (root juice, grow, bloom and top max).

Just given first nutes today using 2ml root stimulant with 1l tap water (left out for 24 hours to kill off chems, I live in north uk so water is pretty good)

I have a 600w hid lamp with reflector but when I have tested it the temp rises to 30 degrees. Buying a mist 7000 humidifier end of month when I put this lamp up to help combat the problem. Pictures attached and appreciate any help and guidance please!

Bigc

Bigc

Pics below guys.

Using a extraction fan with a 4" rhino carbon filter. Using cable ties to hang the lights has been awesome as I can adjust them perfectly.

The filter goes out into my room and I just have the windows open with he blinds shut to ensure air is coming in.

Again appreciate any advice please guys
20150617 222215
20150617 222132
20150617 222139

20150617 222158
tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
All is looking real good. Just be lite on nutes till the plants get a lil more established.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Does your hid setup have a vented hood or adjustawing?

Bigc

Bigc

Tattoojim thanks so much for responding bro!

Yeh I'm using 2ml root juice from biobizz.

I will sort the ducting out!

No vented hood sadly, pic below. Cannot wait to get this mist pro 7 on Friday which should help. Also getting a digital ballast to start my 600w light out at 250 so hopefully heat won't be too bad

Bigc

Bigc

Also getting a couple of those little co2 bags!

Do you think I need anything else or anything that would make it better?

I have been told to get some cool air coming in using another fan and taking in outside air although can't really have silver ducting coming out my window living in the UK

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Vented hood isn't a must. Utilizing your blower will be tho.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Gutted window ac unit is a good cover to grab fresh air. Fresh cooler air is pretty important. I use two blowers to pull fresh in from out side. Off foundation vents.

Bigc

Bigc

Yeh only issue I have then is with the noise. I sleep in the same room, pic below. Was thinking of making a disguised pull through duct from outside but how loud will it be and it's pretty cold where I live, maybe too cold for the small tent?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
There's a UK forum here bud. Some those guys Prolly be able to give you tips on hiding vents.

Bigc

Bigc

Yeh only issue I have then is with the noise. I sleep in the same room, pic below. Was thinking of making a disguised pull through duct from outside but how loud will it be and it's pretty cold where I live, maybe too cold for the small tent?

1434719938784 1190728462
tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
A thermostat on your blower will control that cool air perfect. If you can work on the noise.

william76

william76

Welcome to the farm,check out the uk awesome growers thread,theres a few of us,the more the merrier,are u a fellow scot?76

Bigc

Bigc

Welcome to the farm,check out the uk awesome growers thread,theres a few of us,the more the merrier,are u a fellow scot?76

Where would I find that mate, awkward to navigate on here!

Sadly not no I am north west UK near Manchester!

Apollo13

Apollo13

I need a sealed light for my tent, but I run 1000. I use a router controller to control fan, If it's blasting, and u don't need full power, it will drastically cut noise. But u will need fan blasting with HID light if its not sealed. a co2 bag won't help at all if it's not sealed.. don't over feed ur babies, very common.
UR duct work needs a lot. it is slowing your cfm. smooth inside pipe is best. Make sure ur fan pushes in cheap pipe, it can fall a part and plug fan if pulling. my 2 cents, good luck.

Bigc

Bigc

I need a sealed light for my tent, but I run 1000. I use a router controller to control fan, If it's blasting, and u don't need full power, it will drastically cut noise. But u will need fan blasting with HID light if its not sealed. a co2 bag won't help at all if it's not sealed.. don't over feed ur babies, very common.

Thanks apollo.

When you say sealed what exactly do you mean? My tent has stringpulls that or tight and sealed?

Do you run 1000 in a 1m tent??

Top Bottom