Newbie First Autoflower Grow Afghan Kush And Candy Kush

• Thread starter Bigc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Apollo13

Apollo13

if you go smaller fan and its on high., if it gets hotter for some reason, u better have a ac on hand because ur fan is al ready at 100%... look at cfm output of 8 inch fans compared to 6 inch. I always get the biggest best equipment I can afford. I know, sucks. but these are money making tools that will be used over and over. Good tools cost money, but make money too.

Apollo13

Apollo13

they are alive, u haven't failed until they're all dead..lol and u haven't failed if u learned something. u usually harvest lessons or bud, but it's never a waste.. relax, read as much as u can.

Bigc

Bigc

Very wise words Mr apollo!

Well payday is friday so I will go get my goodies then. Will give you guys some pics and updates...

Side note I fed them their first bloom with root stimulant today and they look v happy!
1434734831299 704046267
1434734831299 704046267
1434734831299 704046267

Apollo13

Apollo13

ebay is cheapest for me, but scary because everything comes with name and product on box. I'm sure my mail, ups and fed x all know what I do... I check reviews on amazon first. Takes money to make money. a good bag cost Least $250 here. one plant easy gives me 4 oz. one plant pay for it all if it goes good. I'm sorry about start up...all businesses need start up capital, this is no different. off to work, yuck..

Apollo13

Apollo13

Blue lab is all I will use. don't let ph meter dry out ever! blue lab ph meter best but freaking crazy expensive... peace bother, and read on signs of nutrient burn, and "the claw", should help if ur fertilizing.

Bigc

Bigc

Blue lab is all I will use. don't let ph meter dry out ever! blue lab ph meter best but freaking crazy expensive... peace bother, and read on signs of nutrient burn, and "the claw", should help if ur fertilizing.

Thanks apollo. Will defo get a ph pen on Friday and some uo and down.

Would you guys use tap water and then just mix in with nutes and up and down? Does the temp of the overall feed matter?

Just looked up the claw and I think I am ok so far. Starting to get abit paranoid about how much they are growing though.

I'm on day 16 and the pics are as above...

Im using Seraphim19 biobizz schedule...

H

happy b

Also getting a couple of those little co2 bags!

Do you think I need anything else or anything that would make it better?

I have been told to get some cool air coming in using another fan and taking in outside air although can't really have silver ducting coming out my window living in the UK
You could attach your ducting to something inconspicuous that you could sit next to the window,like a cardboard box or something with a hole in the box pointing at the open window.

Bigc

Bigc

You could attach your ducting to something inconspicuous that you could sit next to the window,like a cardboard box or something with a hole in the box pointing at the open window.

Well ghetto and apollo have said to get bigger fans and an air cooled hood. Not cheap but will serve me well. I'm gonna go see my man on Friday and see how much it would all cost.

Anyone done a candy kush or afghan auto here before??

H

happy b

No not done those.
an air cooled hood and a bigger fan wont get fresh air into your room unless the fans drawing fresh air from somewere..i have both.they will keep temps down but youl still need fresh air.

Bigc

Bigc

No not done those.
an air cooled hood and a bigger fan wont get fresh air into your room.i have both.they will keep temps down but youl still need fresh air.

I'm so torn! I can have the windows open abit to push fresh air in. Either way looks like I need another fan and ducting for cool air.

22% the afghan are supposed to kick out so should be potent! And candy kush because everyone loves candy and it's great for shatter etc

H

happy b

Right so high temps ARE a prob.just noticed that.yes an aircooled hood n fan will defo help out big time.

Bigc

Bigc

So looking like I need quite alot of stuff:

Ph tester
calibration kit and up and down
air cooled hood
6" fan
ducting
6"carbon filter

Have I missed anything?

Apollo13

Apollo13

you could go super soil, happy frog or fox farms, and water with ro water. make simple, no ph needed. wait til harvest and buy blue lab ph meter, soil one does dirt or dro, but lacks temperature. Stay simple until you learn to read plants before u go crazy and add nutrients. can't start too simple in my mind.

Apollo13

Apollo13

I'm confident by ur last post, ur on your way... so much more knowledgeable then ur first post...imagine this time next year how much u will know. I have like $10,000 in my room... never dreamed it get to where it is ...

Bigc

Bigc

Thanks apollo. All being well I will be sat with you pro's in a few years giving advice of my own to a newbie. We all gotta start somewhere I guess.

I'm in coco 60/40 gold label. I'm gonna keep as is and get those extra bits on Friday when I move over to my HID

H

happy b

If you leave your windows open.i dont mean wide open,just a few inches and leave a window open on the opposite side of the house that should creat a pressure that sucks out stale air and pull in fresh air.thats what i do and i usually do ok but if your doing that you NEED a carbon filter as the window being open can pull the stale stinky air through the house the opposite way you want dragging it through your house

Apollo13

Apollo13

I have killed hundreds, maybe thousands of plants...mostly by loving them to death. Usually it cost me money to buy the poison that killed it.. lol. Speaking of buying additives and nutrients. Now I stick to naturals if possible. Like Heisenberg tea over sm90

G gnome

G gnome

Sup brother? I wanna start by saying ur on the right track and all are giving great advice.
Couple things id like to add.
I own over 20 of those silver star hoods and if i were u id keep what i got for a few reasons. First air cooled hoods have glass that not only reduces lumen output. The glass narrows the spectrum of the light. You dont need air cooled to control ur heat. You already bought a hood.
So here's how u can use everything u already have and have an optimal setup and conditions. You do need a thermostat though.

Ya got a 600w light w an adjust a wing reflector right? Ok so.hang ur filter in the ceiling of ur tent and attach the fan directly to the filter. To do this i make a collar out of sheet metal and use self tapping screws to fix them together.
So now u got ur filter and fan as one unit. Now plug ur filter into a thermostat like this one here.

All u do is plug the fan into the thermostat and the stat into the power source..
Now for the ducting...attach the ductwork to the out end of the fan and run it out of the tent to a "widow box"
Because ur fan is on the opposite end of the ductwork u wont have hardly any noise..
All a window box is is a plywood box that u build around the window so u can leave the window cracked open to duct air out of. Then line the inside/ window side of the box w black fabric
As for bringing fresh air in i wouldn't bring it from outside for a fer reasons. First is the air outside is never the same temp. So how can you expect to have uniform conditions day to day if the air ur bringing in is fluxing 40 deg one day to the next. What i reco is bringing air in via a passive air intake or neg pressure intake same thing.
So by sucking air out the tent thru ur filter ur creating negative pressure so all ur doin is creating an opening for air to get in ur tent from inside the house which is usually about the same temp and thus more predictable. Not to mention the humidity outside that atleast around here is rarely optimal. If ur takin air from outside ur gonna constantly be struggling w atmospheric conditions. Air in the tent from in the hiuse and air goin out the tent goes outside.

Top Bottom