Newbie First Autoflower Grow Afghan Kush And Candy Kush

• Thread starter Bigc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ghettogrower

ghettogrower

Looks nice n clean man is your exhaust a 4" minimum for a 600 is 5" mate IMO I currently use a 6" rvk on a 1000 bulb in a 1.2 tent and temps are good I have good airflow through.the room which helps keep things nice n cool too i say get a bigger exhaust fan and have only use as much ducting as possible and as less 90° angles as u can easier said than done in a tent I know lol

Bigc

Bigc

Yeh I have a 4". Upgrading to a digital ballast on Friday and setting it to 250 so should be ok then.

Ghetto you think if I get a 6" it will be ok? Sorry to be a noob but what is a rvk?

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

Yeh if you run on 250 temps will be a little lower i'd just stick with the 600 if you've got it mate and get a bigger exhaust...rvk is just a brand of exhaust fan.... 6" are powerful and would be too much for the filter u have....but think about what temps are gonna be like mid July and august....I'd leave the digital and spend the cash on a new fan and maybe filter? Or see if you can exchange them.....u can run @ 250 its your call at the end of the day but if you gotta 6 hundy use it bro

Apollo13

Apollo13

No. a sealed light is enclosed in steel and glass so u can vent the extreme heat generated by bulb. not just a bulb shining on plants. check ebay for an example, search cool hood.

Bigc

Bigc

Yeh temps are getting warmer outside at around 18-23.

So ghetto just to clarify you would get just a new 5" exhaust? That will mean a new carbon filter as well I think.

Looks like rhino are taking some more monies from me but defo worth it.

I was gnna get the digital ballast because I only have 6 in there and thought 250 would be good to start off with and then build up as they grow??

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

Yeh your right there mate at first 600 is wasted on those small babies but once they're well rooted u wanna fore it up and get em on beast mode ;) silver star hoods are good I use a 6" silverstar hood its great..

Deffo get a bigger fan and filter u won't regret it mate I know its expensive I might be able to exchange em for the ones u already bought just say u ain't used em and fayre too small lol...a 5" cooled hood with a 5" fan and filter is bang on for a 600 your temps should be fine...eunning in the dau time tho your always gonna get high temps mid day..can u rum at night or is that out of the question?

Bigc

Bigc

Yeh your right there mate at first 600 is wasted on those small babies but once they're well rooted u wanna fore it up and get em on beast mode ;) silver star hoods are good I use a 6" silverstar hood its great..

Deffo get a bigger fan and filter u won't regret it mate I know its expensive I might be able to exchange em for the ones u already bought just say u ain't used em and fayre too small lol...a 5" cooled hood with a 5" fan and filter is bang on for a 600 your temps should be fine...eunning in the dau time tho your always gonna get high temps mid day..can u rum at night or is that out of the question?

Thanks bro. Really appreciate all the helpful info. Come visit when it's all done haha ;)

I have already started and they are on 18/6 turning off at 12.40 at night to come back on at 6.40 when I get up. Would it mess the cycle up if I changed now? I will ask the local place if I can exchange the stuff!

Seen alot of people do auto's in their pcs with really limited kit and they have turned out well so hopefully mine will be a beast after all this expense!

Would you leave the humidifier and co2 bags then ghetto? I ain't made of money but want the best results if I can afford it

Apollo13

Apollo13

I'd go as big as u can, use router controller if too big. Will allow for expansion of grow in future. every inch u go up in size DRASTICALLY improves cfm.

Apollo13

Apollo13

you can change times, as long as no 12 hour block of dark, it won't flower. Running at night allows 20 degrees here in cooler temps on average. Huge difference.

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

They're only young a quick switch around would do no harm at all might knock them back a day but they'll be fine...only.thing with night time growing unhave to be extra careful with your lights curtains blinds etc you don't wanna give anything away now...

I'm sure the shop will exchange man just give it all a good clean lol...Yeh skip the bags and humidifier....ive used those bags I've made me home made c02 bottle kit with yeast and it makes little if any difference...co2 is for big boys and big rooms lol....u can give them a shot like I just hang em above your plants but kind of a waste when you gotta a big exhaust fan pulling it all out lol

Bigc

Bigc

They're only young a quick switch around would do no harm at all might knock them back a day but they'll be fine...only.thing with night time growing unhave to be extra careful with your lights curtains blinds etc you don't wanna give anything away now...

I'm sure the shop will exchange man just give it all a good clean lol...Yeh skip the bags and humidifier....ive used those bags I've made me home made c02 bottle kit with yeast and it makes little if any difference...co2 is for big boys and big rooms lol....u can give them a shot like I just hang em above your plants but kind of a waste when you gotta a big exhaust fan pulling it all out lol

Ok so I think due to security concerns I will keep as is but get a 5" set off shizzle for everything.

Really hope I can upgrade/swap at the shop. I already paid alot for my rhino stuff now.

So apollo is saying bigger is better ghetto? Would I not be better with 6"?

Hurry up and legalise UK ffs...

Bigc

Bigc

Also guys when it comes down to feeding...

I use tap water that's left out for 24 hours. Been advised not to use ph up and down as they are auto's...

Apollo13

Apollo13

If I go bare minimum, I usually regret it. ur already at max performance so u can't change anything. I like options because problems do happen and environments do change with the seasons..

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

Who gave u that advice? U always wanna pH mate soil I believe its around 6.4-7 and your fine coco 5.9-6.4...I use to do the whole leave it out 24 hour by its just pain in the arse mate I wouldn't bother if u want to rid.chlorine and pH down at he same time use vitamin c powder/ascorbic acid its brilliant

Bigc

Bigc

If I go bare minimum, I usually regret it. ur already at max performance so u can't change anything. I like options because problems do happen and environments do change with the seasons..

What do you mean I'm at max performance and can't change anything?

Don't get me wrong in an ideal world I would have a tom of money and buy all the best kit going....

Bigc

Bigc

Damn it. Read it online....

God this is getting really expensive now. So now I need a ph tester and calibration liquid and up and down controller and all the other kit :(

Any ideas where to buy from and how to do it without remortgaging...

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

I can buy a cheap pH kit to start u off that's why ended they're about £2 lol don't fret man your all good lol or just a pH pen £30 and a bottle of pH down £5 oh and a pipet £1

Latest posts

Top Bottom