Osa/28 Best Practices

• Thread starter osa28
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
@osa28 : Does the 1 ML per Gallon need to be applied starting at flip, or before flip? Can I line it up so the last of the 3 feedings are on flip day?

Got a run of GG4 / C91 I wanna try and keep squat.

You can run at higher dose as any time to encourage a more compact plant. It is NOT a PGR so it won't work on every plant and in every situation. If you are running an intense environment like high CO2, temps and low humidity, not much will slow vertical growth. Also, a single application with no prior use will not likely have an impact (I think this was why @DemonTrich didn't see results). Silicic acid is most effective when it is fed continuously in small amounts, especially from early veg. Disclaimer: nothing works in every situation.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
You can run at higher dose as any time to encourage a more compact plant. It is NOT a PGR so it won't work on every plant and in every situation. If you are running an intense environment like high CO2, temps and low humidity, not much will slow vertical growth. Also, a single application with no prior use will not likely have an impact (I think this was why @DemonTrich didn't see results). Silicic acid is most effective when it is fed continuously in small amounts, especially from early veg. Disclaimer: nothing works in every situation.
I definitely see a difference in health of my plants so far in the vege stage in a good way at .5ml per gal.

john martin

john martin

Not sure where its being said that @osa28 keeps plants from stretching. I does make them sturdier and healthier IMO, but I have never seen it stop or reduce stretch when you flip to 12/12. Also @ 1ml per gallon, that would be almost a double dose.
Read the previous posts for more info. why I asked the question I did. (double dose is on purpose)

osa does absolutely NOTHING to stop stretch. ive proved it, it didn't do shit to my glue at 6ml/5 gal.
I am aware mate. I am going to try multiple feedings as osa28 suggested some posts above.

john martin

john martin

Thx, Ill try it the week before / during flip and see.

john martin

john martin

"Not sure where its being said that @osa28 keeps plants from stretching."

"Silicic acid often works to reduce the vertical growth and increase lateral growth. This is mostly due to building more robust cell structure rather than elongated cells typical of nitrate fed plants. There is also evidence that silicic acid helps with nitrate to protein conversion giving plants more good material to build. Our general recommendation for a vertical growth slowdown is 2-3 feedings (about a week) at double dose (1ml per gallon)--the store was incorrect, please refer to our website for proper feeding instructions.."

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

@osa28 Hey guys - forgive me if this has been discussed already but I was wondering what the major difference is between osa28 and agsil16h? Is it mainly that the OSA28 will be more readily available, especially to those in a soil not rich with microbiology? Not knocking you guys at all, I see your product being used by some growers I really respect out in the community, and was thinking about picking up a small bottle, but I have quite a bit of 16h still, and I regularly feed with ACT, so I was just wondering if you thought I might see a difference?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
@osa28 Hey guys - forgive me if this has been discussed already but I was wondering what the major difference is between osa28 and agsil16h? Is it mainly that the OSA28 will be more readily available, especially to those in a soil not rich with microbiology? Not knocking you guys at all, I see your product being used by some growers I really respect out in the community, and was thinking about picking up a small bottle, but I have quite a bit of 16h still, and I regularly feed with ACT, so I was just wondering if you thought I might see a difference?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

There's some good discussion up the thread to review rather than rehash. Every grower has a different situation so we recommend a side by side to see the difference for yourself.

phenotyper

phenotyper

I sent an email about getting half off so that I can do an entire run with osa28 and I have yet to be emailed back.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

So far I'm only 9 watering into my veg cycle. I used pro-tek silica for the past 2 years. Out of the 2 years, 2 of the same strain (gg4 and bb3). I've not noticed any difference between osa and protek. Except when I supercropping a glue the other night. I obliterated the stem when I sc it. It pretty much exploded in my fingers. I've been growing for 4 yrs, and sc for just as long and never had a sc go as bad as this time.

Being only 9 waterings in my veg cycle and using osa every watering, I won't be using it on my next veg cycle. Even tho I was sent another bottle from you guys, I don't see any benefit at all over my pro-tek other than the astronomical expense.

Just giving my $0.02

john martin

john martin

So far I'm only 9 watering into my veg cycle. I used pro-tek silica for the past 2 years. Out of the 2 years, 2 of the same strain (gg4 and bb3). I've not noticed any difference between osa and protek. Except when I supercropping a glue the other night. I obliterated the stem when I sc it. It pretty much exploded in my fingers. I've been growing for 4 yrs, and sc for just as long and never had a sc go as bad as this time.

Being only 9 waterings in my veg cycle and using osa every watering, I won't be using it on my next veg cycle. Even tho I was sent another bottle from you guys, I don't see any benefit at all over my pro-tek other than the astronomical expense.

Just giving my $0.02

I wonder if you continue using the osa28, you will notice a difference in flower.

I know what you mean about the stem bursting, and I think it is actually a by-product of the silica building up. I also noticed stems were easy to 'burst' when super cropping in veg, but as soon as I got a little into flower that all changed.

I noticed a week or three into flower my stems are extremely solid and hard and I have use pro-tek in the past and not seen results like this.

I did, however, work my way up to 1 ml per gallon by flower.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I never had this issue in the 4 yrs of using protek silica all thru veg. I'll continue using the oasis until week 3 in flower. Then my next veg cycle will be using the protek.

Some love my gorilla glue, some hate it and like my lower quality flowers better. What might work for some, others not so much.

Junk shoot me that addy again, got a new bottle for ya.

testiclees

testiclees

I tested out a bunch of silicon products. Ive used protekt, crossover, agsil and at least one other.

I found thst osa used at the .6ml/ gal application rate gave best results in my setup. Added benefits of very low K and little effect on pH were valuable in my setup. I feel osa is best deal for me.

cannakis

cannakis

I never had this issue in the 4 yrs of using protek silica all thru veg. I'll continue using the oasis until week 3 in flower. Then my next veg cycle will be using the protek.

Some love my gorilla glue, some hate it and like my lower quality flowers better. What might work for some, others not so much.

Junk shoot me that addy again, got a new bottle for ya.
Haha funny you say that. Why don't they like your GG? I get shit like that all the time. Haha Quantity over quality. But hey better for me I suppose more money in the end. And you can usually weed out the Good People because they're the ones who Like Quality.!

Also this thread is filled with some OSA/28 bashing. I think it works great so far! Thanks for the sample, and the free Deep6 sample @osa28 !

I'm sure it's been said multiple times, but Just because you Can make a soil for free and Just use water, does Not mean it will be at Optimal conditions. Like OSA/28 said, it's the "don't get scurvy" "survive versus thrive". And also I look at it like bodybuilding,Yeah you can get big and strong just eating right, but to Really gain incredible results and to be the Best Bodybuilder (which is so weird by the way!!!) you Have to use Supplements. You Have To. There is Not One professional BB that does Not use supplements.

So I look at it like that. Am I just a simple home gardener, or am I trying to be a Professional providing the best Produce I can.?! And I want the biggest best yields, not just mediocre ones which is what I get when Just using amended soil and water.

cannakis

cannakis

@osa28 so when you say to mix the OSA/28 in plain water first how long should I let it sit so it doesn't kill the microbes of the BioBizz? I just squirted it in the bucket mixed a second then added the rest. Is this right or should I let sit for a few hours or even a day?

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
@osa28 so when you say to mix the OSA/28 in plain water first how long should I let it sit so it doesn't kill the microbes of the BioBizz? I just squirted it in the bucket mixed a second then added the rest. Is this right or should I let sit for a few hours or even a day?

Yep sounds good to me... It will mix pretty fast and not have any significant effect on microbes.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Also make sure it's the first thing you ad to your fully filled reservoir.
Make sure you put anything with Microbes last.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Osa28 has been kicking ass for me, I've never been this good all around ever ..... Maybe it's just a coincidence but I'm not changing

Seems most things in life that actually work are pricey. Then again I'm growing weed that sells for top dollar so the added cost always offsets itself .
Bio war. Osa deep roots and nectar are going to remain staples
Fwiw I also alternate between powersi or just mixing then up when I feel like it. Really think the plant accessible si is what makes the difference. Kudos to osa28 for making it available
My 2 cent
This thread started with Texas kid giving it an endorsement that in itself would be worth the look see

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Osa28 has been kicking ass for me, I've never been this good all around ever ..... Maybe it's just a coincidence but I'm not changing

Seems most things in life that actually work are pricey. Then again I'm growing weed that sells for top dollar so the added cost always offsets itself .
Bio war. Osa deep roots and nectar are going to remain staples
Fwiw I also alternate between powersi or just mixing then up when I feel like it. Really think the plant accessible si is what makes the difference. Kudos to osa28 for making it available
My 2 cent
This thread started with Texas kid giving it an endorsement that in itself would be worth the look see
ya same here! i see so many people on many canna fourms that like to tell people how stupid they are for growing with certain nutrients and additives. i find it funny they think they should be telling others how to spend their money. i say the same thing as u about getting top dollar for it. hell for every thing i spend on nutrients i get it all back off 1 plant. its really bad when u tell people u are using Advanced nutrients and they say " oh go ahead keep throwing your money away" lool they must be closet growers that are not use to pulling 1 pound per plant or something bc i can buy 2-3 different lines including ever additive if i feel i want to try it and still come out way ahead on my cost vs what i make back from it. Veg+bloom,osa/28,heavy prime bud factor x and heavy foliar is gonna be in my garden for a long time as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom