Osa/28 Best Practices

• Thread starter osa28
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

junk, whats up bro?, yeah im in soil. this was discussed in the other osa 28 thread about it being a stretch stopper and was verified. if anyone is local to 586/313/810, you can have this garbage bottle for free. minus the 6ml I used 3 weeks ago. my loss (100.00) is your gain.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
junk, whats up bro?, yeah im in soil. this was discussed in the other osa 28 thread about it being a stretch stopper and was verified. if anyone is local to 586/313/810, you can have this garbage bottle for free. minus the 6ml I used 3 weeks ago. my loss (100.00) is your gain.

So are you saying they told you to use it just with one watering? I have never heard of it used to stop stretch.

Junk

Junk

So are you saying they told you to use it just with one watering? I have never heard of it used to stop stretch.
I'd like to see the thread. Maybe I'm too tired but I don't see it.

Even if it doesn't work, I'd like to read the thread (to see by what mechanism they prepose it works)

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

yes, 1st watering at initial 12/12 flip at 6ml per 5 gal of water, watered 1x ONLY and will stop the stretch in its tracks (per words from grow store and in other thread, unless that's been deleted as well). I even asked 2x (double checked) to make certain I had my measurements correct.

or FREE if you wanna pay for shipping costs. im tired of it sitting on my shelf eye balling me and laughing at me for spending 100.00 on CRAP!!!

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
yes, 1st watering at initial 12/12 flip at 6ml per 5 gal of water, watered 1x ONLY and will stop the stretch in its tracks (per words from grow store and in other thread, unless that's been deleted as well). I even asked 2x (double checked) to make certain I had my measurements correct.

or FREE if you wanna pay for shipping costs. im tired of it sitting on my shelf eye balling me and laughing at me for spending 100.00 on CRAP!!!

Sorry to hear you may have been a bit misled. Silicic acid often works to reduce the vertical growth and increase lateral growth. This is mostly due to building more robust cell structure rather than elongated cells typical of nitrate fed plants. There is also evidence that silicic acid helps with nitrate to protein conversion giving plants more good material to build. Our general recommendation for a vertical growth slowdown is 2-3 feedings (about a week) at double dose (1ml per gallon)--the store was incorrect, please refer to our website for proper feeding instructions..

That said, OSA28 nor any other silicic acid product are a PGR (to my knowledge) so it doesn't have the dead-stop effect of products like phosphoload. Silicic acid needs to be fed in small amounts continuously for the best effect, rather than 1x hit hoping for a PGR type effect. You can't expect one hit of protein powder to turn you into Mr Universe.

We see better structure building more consistently than any other effect, especially when the plant is fed from early veg during the most aggressive growth and cell division. If you still have product, I recommend using it on half your babies next cutting and watch for the tighter nodes and more branching.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

you might wanna school the guys are hydromasters on Groesbeck hwy in Clinton twp Mi. they are passing off your product as a stretch stopper, with pgrs in it. all the free samples you sent them, they are selling for 100.00. I witnessed 10 sales in an hr of me being there and grabbing a few more items.

im not upset at the actual product, im pissed at getting had for a 100.00. that's 9 bags of ocean forest soil, 4 20# co2 tank refills, or new bulbs I could have spent my money on vs this stuff.

the free bottle has been spoken for. thanks

Junk

Junk

all the free samples you sent them, they are selling for 100.00.
Admittedly, I don't have all the deets, but that sounds dirty on it's face.

I pay my hydro store the prices they ask because they are beneficial to me in other ways. I could find some of the stuff cheaper elsewhere, or online. But the local place I pay a little more to have the products immediately, & for their wealth of knowledge & experience with products that would cost me a fortune, $ & time, to figure out.

If the shop is squeezing you for every cent it can...that just pisses me off. It just feels like a violation of the shop/customer relationship.

This purchase just blew for you all around :(

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

It's the same place that sells trimmers...but not the f n parts to repair them when something breaks. It's my emergency back up store, not my normal store I go to. It's yet another reason why I buy 90% of my needed items online. Minus nutes and co2 refills, those are done locally.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

I have pics of the plants that were vegged on Armor vs OSA, & the difference is huge. Same cut, same diet....just different silica. Now all the buckets are plumbed together, & all on OSA, but if you want, I can show you the difference I saw. It's pretty drastic.

Hey junk can u post the pics of the before and after. i bought the 240ml bottle and also a 60ml sample in with that order,so i got 300ml =) of this stuff to use this year on my outdoor plants. thanks man

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
you might wanna school the guys are hydromasters on Groesbeck hwy in Clinton twp Mi. they are passing off your product as a stretch stopper, with pgrs in it. all the free samples you sent them, they are selling for 100.00. I witnessed 10 sales in an hr of me being there and grabbing a few more items.

im not upset at the actual product, im pissed at getting had for a 100.00. that's 9 bags of ocean forest soil, 4 20# co2 tank refills, or new bulbs I could have spent my money on vs this stuff.

the free bottle has been spoken for. thanks

Sorry to hear that! I will have a talk with them ASAP and train them up proper. We don't want OSA28 being misrepresented, especially as a PGR, which it is not! What size bottle did they give you for $100?? We actually didn't send them many samples; they've purchased most everything except a few small bottles. This is one of the reasons we prefer to go grower direct because stores don't always play nice. Thank you for bringing to our attention so I can do something about it!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

its a small bottle (im not at my grow building), fits in your hand kinda size. would you like me to pm you their number? id be glad to oblige.

one Q for you, when I did put the 6ml per 5 gal and watered one glue, is there going to be any adverse effects with this plant? potential to hermie from a large dosing of your product? the plant in question is in the far corner of my room and is not easily accessible.

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
its a small bottle (im not at my grow building), fits in your hand kinda size. would you like me to pm you their number? id be glad to oblige.

one Q for you, when I did put the 6ml per 5 gal and watered one glue, is there going to be any adverse effects with this plant? potential to hermie from a large dosing of your product? the plant in question is in the far corner of my room and is not easily accessible.

PM your address and I'm gonna send you out something extra. Is it the small round one or rectangle? Either way shouldn't have been $100!!

That dosage is normal so no issues, though we have adjusted our recommendations DOWN to 0.5ml per gallon. But there is no worry of problems at 0.6ml.

R

reefshark83

can I use osa 28 with advanced nutrients ph perfect 3 part? Would I just add it first as directed (before micro grow bloom) and not worry about ph swings? thanks!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
PM your address and I'm gonna send you out something extra. Is it the small round one or rectangle? Either way shouldn't have been $100!!

That dosage is normal so no issues, though we have adjusted our recommendations DOWN to 0.5ml per gallon. But there is no worry of problems at 0.6ml.

No, he used 6 ml to 5 gallons of water. That's 1.2 ml per gallon, double the normal dose. If only used once at double dose, I don't think you will have issues. But lets hear it from @osa28 .

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

A great synergyst with silicic acid for those growing the OGs, chems, cookies, gorilla glues etc. seeking stouter plants with more flower sites and thicker stalks is synthetic plant cytokinin 6-Benzylaminopurine, it's great for veg and budset. Go easy at first and see how your plants react, different strains react differently to it. It killed all vertical growth on my Chemdog D for a month but didn't effect most my OGs, some strains love it some don't.

Last edited:
john martin

john martin

@osa28 : Does the 1 ML per Gallon need to be applied starting at flip, or before flip? Can I line it up so the last of the 3 feedings are on flip day?

Got a run of GG4 / C91 I wanna try and keep squat.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
@osa28 : Does the 1 ML per Gallon need to be applied starting at flip, or before flip? Can I line it up so the last of the 3 feedings are on flip day?

Got a run of GG4 / C91 I wanna try and keep squat.

Not sure where its being said that @osa28 keeps plants from stretching. I does make them sturdier and healthier IMO, but I have never seen it stop or reduce stretch when you flip to 12/12. Also @ 1ml per gallon, that would be almost a double dose.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

osa does absolutely NOTHING to stop stretch. ive proved it, it didn't do shit to my glue at 6ml/5 gal.

Top Bottom