Osa/28 Best Practices

• Thread starter osa28
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
Hopefully this covers a few of the above...

1) No product is important or necessarily for everyone. If you don't wear lipstick do you go to Revlon and trash lipstick? If you don't need to product, don't buy it.

2) "Emergency silicon" -- No it's not usually an emergency. However, the most important time to get loads of silicon in the plant is early veg. There is some good research showing that foliar applications of silicic acid can help against immediate stress responses.

3) We don't claim increase in yields because there are so many factors. Better than a CO2 program? Can't compare the two because they do completely different things. Silicon is mostly for biotic and abiotic stress resistance but can directly contribute small amounts to yield. More important is when a plant is less stressed it is able to perform better and respond to other inputs like CO2, super-cropping, etc, which can mean higher yields.

4) If you are killing, no one is saying to change what you do. Find what works for you and do it well. Talk about it, tell others. Remember that not everyone does everything the same way. And there are many ways to get great results. If people spend time developing a long-term soil program that provides plenty of needed silicic acid, awesome. Some people don't want to spend the time and prefer buying a bottle. Why be a dick and criticize them for it?

5) Product Performance. Silicic acid has the most effect on plants that are underperforming. No question. I wouldn't even recommend people use the product if everything is perfect. No grower should use a product just for the sake of using a bottle. Every fertilizer decision should be made based upon plant needs and grower goals.

6) "Snake oil" Silicic acid is NOT snake oil! Neither is OSA/28! We extract silicic acid from unicorn semen and ferment for 3 weeks using a bacteria from buffalo mucus. A lot of research points to this as the only true way to make plant available silicon.

DrFever

DrFever

6) "Snake oil" Silicic acid is NOT snake oil! Neither is OSA/28! We extract silicic acid from unicorn semen and ferment for 3 weeks using a bacteria from buffalo mucus. A lot of research points to this as the only true way to make plant available silicon. lmao unicorn semen was wondering would bison mucus be a better alternative ???

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I ordered mine on the 9th Nov. Still not got it. I was quite excited as iv never used silica of any kind before.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Hopefully this covers a few of the above...

1) No product is important or necessarily for everyone. If you don't wear lipstick do you go to Revlon and trash lipstick? If you don't need to product, don't buy it.

2) "Emergency silicon" -- No it's not usually an emergency. However, the most important time to get loads of silicon in the plant is early veg. There is some good research showing that foliar applications of silicic acid can help against immediate stress responses.

3) We don't claim increase in yields because there are so many factors. Better than a CO2 program? Can't compare the two because they do completely different things. Silicon is mostly for biotic and abiotic stress resistance but can directly contribute small amounts to yield. More important is when a plant is less stressed it is able to perform better and respond to other inputs like CO2, super-cropping, etc, which can mean higher yields.

4) If you are killing, no one is saying to change what you do. Find what works for you and do it well. Talk about it, tell others. Remember that not everyone does everything the same way. And there are many ways to get great results. If people spend time developing a long-term soil program that provides plenty of needed silicic acid, awesome. Some people don't want to spend the time and prefer buying a bottle. Why be a dick and criticize them for it?

5) Product Performance. Silicic acid has the most effect on plants that are underperforming. No question. I wouldn't even recommend people use the product if everything is perfect. No grower should use a product just for the sake of using a bottle. Every fertilizer decision should be made based upon plant needs and grower goals.

6) "Snake oil" Silicic acid is NOT snake oil! Neither is OSA/28! We extract silicic acid from unicorn semen and ferment for 3 weeks using a bacteria from buffalo mucus. A lot of research points to this as the only true way to make plant available silicon.
well said buddy. im one those types that prefers a bottle for ease of management. i dont mind paying a small fee for it and im not in this game just to smoke for free or otherwise i might have a differnt mind set. im in this game to make money so i always say what i buy on the off season i will make it back up with 1 plant. i look forward to trying this out. i got the sample just to test it on 1 plant. thanks

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Email your order number to [email protected] and I'll take a look asap!
I ordered thru plant science concepts. Does it make a difference. I have my paypal order receipt and a screen shot of my order number off their site. They said an email with tracking number would arrive but I never got one.

Last edited:
osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
I ordered thru plant science concepts. Does it make a difference. I have my paypal order receipt and a screen shot of my order number off their site. They said an email with tracking number would arrive but I never got one.

Shoot that order number over by email and I'll check it out today!

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

Unicorn Semen, that's your secret ingredient! damn nobody would have guessed that. HAHA love it!

Ive heard growers really hyping this stuff. Never had a grow shop try to push it on me but ive seen growers that will never go without it. Not every nutrient used will benefit the yield. if someone only takes yield into account when looking for nutrients/fertilizers than i think you have allot to learn. I myself have not tried it, but then again i haven't ever felt the need to use a product like this. My nutrient line seems to keep my plants very happy. Only use what your plants say they need. Dont assume your plants need what the nute companies tell you your plants need.

peace

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
Unicorn Semen, that's your secret ingredient! damn nobody would have guessed that. HAHA love it!

Ive heard growers really hyping this stuff. Never had a grow shop try to push it on me but ive seen growers that will never go without it. Not every nutrient used will benefit the yield. if someone only takes yield into account when looking for nutrients/fertilizers than i think you have allot to learn. I myself have not tried it, but then again i haven't ever felt the need to use a product like this. My nutrient line seems to keep my plants very happy. Only use what your plants say they need. Dont assume your plants need what the nute companies tell you your plants need.

peace

You're absolutely right! Not everything affects yield. Silicon CAN increase yield but we don't focus on that... there are many factors that contribute. But silicon (as silicic acid) is very important for helping plants with stress response. Plants that manage stress better tend to have better yield and quality factors. We tend to see most significant results with plant structure and quality factors like oil production. If you want to experiment you can order a free sample at www.plantscienceconcepts.com/samples

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

i use silicon pretty heavy these days bc im a guerilla grower so i need all the extra help i can get since im at the mercy of mother nature.. i use Diatomaceous Earth,azomite,basalot rock dust,rice hulls and greensand in my soil mix. Some of the things in my soil mix takes a long time to break down but that is fine to bc i reuse my soil outdoors so it gets better and better...i use protekt to emulsify neem oil with and i use bioag's silica & humic powder in 1 gallon of water 1-2 times a week. Now im gonna be trying this Osa/28 to see whats up

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Soil/Soilless
Our best results are seen in a soil or soilless media with freshly mixed nutrients. Silicic acid is by nature very unstable and quickly polymerizes or reacts with other compounds into unavailable forms. Mix fresh nutrients and feed within a couple days for the most profound effect.

Use OSA/28 at 0.6ml per gallon 2-3 times per week, with your standard fertilizer mix.

Steps
  1. Add OSA/28 first to clean water (water type doesn't matter long as EC<1)
  2. You will probably notice a pH drop, don't worry we'll handle this later
  3. Add your base nutrient
  4. Add your other additives (you don't need another silicon supplement!)
  5. pH to desired level (sometimes it's good to wait for the tank to mix and stabilize before adjusting)
  6. Add any microbial product after pH has stabilized

Hydroponics

Using a pure hydroponics system like DWC or recirculating like flood tables is good with OSA/28 for sure. The biggest benefit is that silicic acid gets into the roots fast and easy, even without soil or microbes. Downside is that the silicic acid will not last in available form for the life of a reservoir over a couple days. Most of the silicic acid is used up in a couple days. DO NOT add more OSA/28 to a reservoir with nutrients as the silicic acid will not activate properly.

Use OSA/28 at 0.6ml per gallon with your standard fertilizer mix at the beginning of the week.

Since OSA/28 will be mostly used up or polymerized in a couple days, it's a good idea to supplement with a foliar application mid-week (day 4-5).

Steps
  1. Add OSA/28 first to clean water (water type doesn't matter long as EC<1)
  2. You will probably notice a pH drop, don't worry we'll handle this later
  3. Add your base nutrient
  4. Add your other additives (you don't need another silicon supplement!)
  5. pH to desired level (sometimes it's good to wait for the tank to mix and stabilize before adjusting)
  6. Add any microbial product after pH has stabilized

Foliar

Mix 4 ml per gallon for weekly application. Double the dose (8ml per gallon) if the plant is showing stress. We've never seen any conflict with other products in a foliar application. just use standard foliar practices like lights off and before/during the day cycle.

Steps
  1. Add OSA/28 first to clean water (type doesn't matter long as EC<1)
  2. Add other foliar products (chemicals or nutrients)
  3. pH to about 5.8 (better absorption as a slight acid)
  4. Spray full coverage over canopy (just before lights go on is generally best, take care not to saturate flowers to reduce risk of mildew)

Teas and Organics

OSA/28 is safe to use with any organics and microbial inoculants. Adding OSA/28 into an existing living solution directly may affect the microbes though. There is no benefit of adding to compost teas during the brew stage, don't do it.

Always mix OSA/28 very well in solution before adding microbial inoculants.

Questions and Assistance

Contact us with unique situations or questions on how to maximize results with OSA/28!

[email protected]
Hey bro i wanted to ask u how much would we use for foliar in 32oz spray bottle? im assume 1ml but i want to be certain. thanks

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

check out this lab report it appears that OSA/28 has more plant avaliable silica then aptus fasilitor,mills vitalize and powerSi and best of all its cheaper. i cant wait to try it on my ladys next year when season starts. Actually aptus has the lowest of all 4 and costs the most kinda ironic

Dabominable

Dabominable

It'd be great if i could see a side by side with ArmorSi +osa28. Currently i think i've got a gallon of Armor, and still a quart of Armor from another grow. I would be interested in trying this product. I have a few questions. The first, is when would be the ideal time to add osa tea to a brewed tea? Would you pre-mix it in say, 25 gallons of water, then add your 5gal brewed tea to that res? Second, would you still benefit mixing humic acid with osa28? Third, If yes to the last question, would you recommend adding the silica to the water first or the ful-power? Thanks!

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

It'd be great if i could see a side by side with ArmorSi +osa28. Currently i think i've got a gallon of Armor, and still a quart of Armor from another grow. I would be interested in trying this product. I have a few questions. The first, is when would be the ideal time to add osa tea to a brewed tea? Would you pre-mix it in say, 25 gallons of water, then add your 5gal brewed tea to that res? Second, would you still benefit mixing humic acid with osa28? Third, If yes to the last question, would you recommend adding the silica to the water first or the ful-power? Thanks!
i also got 2 quarts left of armourSi. i would love to see side by side as well. i will do one but i gotta wait till the 2016 guerilla season starts. hopefully someone will do one by then and let us know whats up. Also yes humic/fulvic will benefit anything better then used alone IMO but from my understanding this product wouldnt need it bc its already formed to be plant avaliable. i add humic and fulvic to all my sprays and feeds. i like bioags humic & silica powder and bioag fulvic. the way i did it this year i always added protekt or armour Si to the water before anything else

Dabominable

Dabominable

i also got 2 quarts left of armourSi. i would love to see side by side as well. i will do one but i gotta wait till the 2016 guerilla season starts. hopefully someone will do one by then and let us know whats up. Also yes humic/fulvic will benefit anything better then used alone IMO but from my understanding this product wouldnt need it bc its already formed to be plant avaliable. i add humic and fulvic to all my sprays and feeds. i like bioags humic & silica powder and bioag fulvic. the way i did it this year i always added protekt or armour Si to the water before anything else

I run fulpower, i do like bio ag's cytoplus tho, shits gold. I'm on a TLO+teas kick this run, working out real well. Think i could put prolly another 10-15% perlite tho, even at 20% its still a pretty heavy soiless mix. I may cave and buy some when i've got the loot, but until then i guess i'll use up what i got. At home i don't even fuck with the liquid silica, i topdress with the powdered stuff, and throw a pinch in here and there. I'm still not sure if i've been doing my foliar mix right, because im so used to adding silica first, but i've been adding the fullpower first, since its going to go through a chemical reaction and somewhat chelate the silica, so i'd assume i want my humic/fulvic in there first if using humic/fulvic. And then all else you'd do silica first, eh? I'm with you n the feeding humic/fulvic every watering, so should i just get used to adding that first?

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

I run fulpower, i do like bio ag's cytoplus tho, shits gold. I'm on a TLO+teas kick this run, working out real well. Think i could put prolly another 10-15% perlite tho, even at 20% its still a pretty heavy soiless mix. I may cave and buy some when i've got the loot, but until then i guess i'll use up what i got. At home i don't even fuck with the liquid silica, i topdress with the powdered stuff, and throw a pinch in here and there. I'm still not sure if i've been doing my foliar mix right, because im so used to adding silica first, but i've been adding the fullpower first, since its going to go through a chemical reaction and somewhat chelate the silica, so i'd assume i want my humic/fulvic in there first if using humic/fulvic. And then all else you'd do silica first, eh? I'm with you n the feeding humic/fulvic every watering, so should i just get used to adding that first?
u can get a 60ml free sample for 8$ bro. that way u could do the side by side faster then i can. if u are adding ful-power first and not seeing no precipatation of it to fall to the bottom id say its fine. i just always got use to adding silica first before i added in anything else. oh ya i like cytoplus as well i use it about a week before flowering and contiune it till around week 2 then i jump back to bioags humic& silica powder till week 6. have u ever tried the silica powder from Kelp4less? they say its a different source then potassium silicate. 2 days ago i just bought RAW silica the 2oz pack as well. i plan on giving them the RAW when i dont feed. like feed/water+raw/feed/ water+raw etc. it was cheap as hell so i said why not since their is no overdose of silica. since im a guerilla grower i try to get my ladys tough as possible before the flowers get dense to help with bud rot prevention.

Top Bottom