PDX's PurpleBerry BX Grow

• Thread starter PDX420Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eternal Student

Eternal Student

yeah..brotha...youre in for a real treat...not sure on the small leaves..but i assure you..your shit WILL turn purple...and if your lucky you'll score some of those black ones( not really black but so dark they might as well be black..and no i mean NO green anywhere on the buds...

Eternal Student

Eternal Student

even if theyre not purp right now..theyll all turn in the last 3 weeks or so...no temp change necessary at all...and the black ones showed purple buds from week 2 on....

Eternal Student

Eternal Student

i assume uve grown gdp seeing how were in the same area somewhat and let me tell you what..this absolutely shits on gdp in the color department...as well as purple kush..urkel..ape...and all the others that float around...just awesome colors bro.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
No I have not grown GDP. (yet) I hear it doesnt do well outdoors...
But I would be willing to test that theory out..if I ever get my hands on some.

I had to show you and PDX the stems on this one
.(even though I know CannaV said it means nothing)
Purplestems

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Eternal, thanks for stopping by and dropping a lil Purpleberry BX knowledge! So, all of your green PB's purp'd up within the last 2-3 wks? Did you end up with any green pheno/s? Just curious cuz I have a few greens atm. I also have a shorter pheno with longer more serated edged leaves that I assume is the BB pheno CV had mentioned somewhere..
Eternal, how many girls did you have bro? Any of em smell blueberry-ish? I like the sound of the grape kool-aid pheno :)
Ken, I too have a small leaved pheno. Check out my #7. My male is also the same way. Tiny tiny leaves compared to the rest of em.. #7 was also the one to show dark dark purp almost instantly.. :) Ken, the way you can get a good guess if they're gonna purp before flippin is to look at their preflowers.. Right at the node where the lil hair comes out. (hair pod) Some will be green, some partial and some completely purp :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Its great to be able to compare notes like this :)
That purple stemed mom is preflowering pretty good (probably too good)(hoping she'll reveg)
Im going out right now to have a look ;)

Eternal Student

Eternal Student

PDX----- i had 6 ladies total below is a summary of them. Oh and yeah they all turned purp within the last few weeks...I had 3...well actually 4 green looking phenos but they all turned purp by the end...one of these was the kool aid/jolly rancher pheno. the other 2 were DARK purp from the onset of flowers. And there was one actually that did have a blueberry-ish smell to her with a kind of skunkish influence...

#2---medium yield, magenta/violet/reddish(no green) jolly rancher kool aid smell

#6---above average yield (responds well to pinching/topping), "Black"..extremely dark( no green) mild floral/sweet smell

#10--medium yield, "Black"...very dark( no green) and much fewer pistils than other phenos which exhibited a higher than normal pistil/bud ratio...more "granual" growth like an og and didnt respond well to pinching or topping...it liked to grow a main spear with several intermediate sized beneath it... very similar aroma to #6

#1--okay yield, gdp like coloring but more purple coverage...very little green at all, kind of blueberry/skunkish aroma to it...very unique (ive got my eye on this one for another round cuz im not positive yet that shes not a keeper...sometimes first runs from seed just dont show all the potential a pheno has...idk why but others have confirmed this as well)

#8--medium/above average yield, light purple coverage all over the flowers..very mild aroma(floral)

#11---below average yield, extremely light purple but very uniform throughout and 100 percent coverage of flowers..almost no smell to her...

I will be running 2, 6, 10, and 1 again with a full treament of environmental control, training, etc to see what they can do in a big room under optimum conditions..CannaV definitely found some cool genes with these...They werent the most aromatic flowers but damn were they colorful...and there are a couple phenos i did find that had a pretty good terpene profile so i cant bitch at all...im VERY happy with the results...there will be some X's done in my lab over the Fall for sure...

Eternal Student

Eternal Student

Lol..my bad dirk..no camera right now...i was gonna pick one up from the fam bam yesterday but i was enjoying the holiday a lil too much and forgot the camera along with a few other things...i will be going to go pick it up today and will have some pics up later tonight...theres only a couple left still going( theyre the dark ones tho)...theyll be gettin chopped real quick

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

They all sound nice, but #1 sounds like what Im hoping to find. Purple with a berryish aroma and flavor..Yeah! Thats wsup! Thanks again for stopping by and postin some info and descripts on your purpleberry bx..

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
They all sound nice, but #1 sounds like what Im hoping to find. Purple with a berryish aroma and flavor..Yeah! Thats wsup! Thanks again for stopping by and postin some info and descripts on your purpleberry bx..

Yup!

Aroma and flavor are Very important to me also..color aint no good without the smell.. and Flavor :)

Eternal Student

Eternal Student

Im not a very good photographer but i figure quantity over quality will get it done for now...these pics really dont do them justice...they are SOOO much darker in person...giving off a lil more pungent aromas today as well...sorry for the poor quality pics guys but here you go...

GEDC0374
GEDC0377
GEDC0394
GEDC0397
GEDC0403
GEDC0408
GEDC0411
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Very Nice E. S. Great job. Thanks for sharing those...I cant wait to see some in person :)

dirk d

dirk d

Wow ES those sure are purple! lol. thanks for taking the time to put the pics up bro! lol how's the trich coverage and smells?? Looks like a pretty good yielder too.

Eternal Student

Eternal Student

Wow ES those sure are purple! lol. thanks for taking the time to put the pics up bro! lol how's the trich coverage and smells?? Looks like a pretty good yielder too.

trich coverage is definitely a little lacking but when its all trimmed up it looks much better and the smells vary from pheno to pheno...starting at very mild and ranging to kool aid and blueberry...a couple of them yield fairly well...they got dominated by KidTwist's DBL SFV OG though...now THOSE have some yielders in them...

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

ES, what size pots were your PBs in? They didnt look that big for how big your ladies got..

Top Bottom