Plato's Poison - Bb X Dutch Durban

• Thread starter Desert Rogue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

At first and still I was and am against making this thread.. for the sake of my fragile ego.

I had a dream of crossing two strains back in 2011 when I became a stoner... and through a long process of learning to grow.. I accomplished that task with some.. needed prerequisites..

Why and what was I trying to accomplish.

I found among 40 seeds, one female among dutch durban that wouldnt hermie.. and lets be honest, I found mostly females and so few males. I kept not a single one of the males I found.

I put her through much more than I intended due to real life weather situations and more. Not once did she herm like her sisters who were so apt to.

So I found me a strong male.. that survived that weather.. rooted like a champ in the coldest of over night temps.

I pollen chucked it up. I present to you, Plato's Poison.. A typo my phone auto corrected into something that sounded way better than what was initially going to be a codename only.

Pp1 seedling

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Pp31

Plato's Poison #2. Male and was cut despite showing traits from the mother. Its to early to consider it for the F2.

Platos poison 1 Solo

PP#1 while it was still in the solo cup. Also showing traits from the bb line with the crooked leaf twinge.

Platos poison 1 and purp mom

Ignoring the two purple mom seedlings, in the center, her new leaves show slight red-ening, The initial reason the mother became my favorite.

Last edited:
Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Pp1 red

A Better pic of the strange red coloration that I believe is purpling and not a dificiency. I may add that out of 37 seeds.. (A-Durb) is the only one that exibited this.. Alpha Durban just also happened to be.. sexually stable, unlike her sisters.

Pp12
422c
Pp1

This plant has had its top 3 nodes taken off of about 5 nodes, leaving the remaining 4 arms to take over. For a mostly sativa, I had no expectations that the progeny would be so bush like with some proper topping.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

pretty girls bud:)

Maybe.. PP#1 is showing preflowers.. tiny but there. Its prob been 6 or so weeks.

PP#3 is too early to tell as its just left the seedling stage. Despite the side shoots vegging already.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Well.. Most of my males seem to be lanky.. rarely do I find a stout and short male.

Durban for yeh... even that GSC s2 is durban dom. lanky now and bushing.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

More of that red coloration.
Durb red
Durb2 red

The 2nd pic would make me think it was a difficiency.. if I didnt know the pop was a purple plant and the mother would always reden her new growth under high intensity light. The red goes away when the leaf grows out more.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Pp33

Plato's Poison #3 has had its top pinched off leaving 3 sets of tops rather than four like #1. #1 is super squat, despite one cola trying to take dominance.

Seems to be drooping a little, so I gave it some artifical tap water until tomorrows watering of this set.

Pp15

PP#1 is expierencing some stress clawing. Shes grown out of the red phase mostly and will enter it again soon I expect. Shes had several large fans removed in order to get light into the new tops growing in the center. As well as some lower fans removed so more soil could be topped off from the microbial action it seems is shrinking the soil.

#1 also may be hoping for some water to alleviate some of her stress and has this morning been watered about an hour before the pic.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Pp121

As promised, without the GSC S2 bagseed also looking vibrant taking up the shot.. As I said, she was starving for water and here is the day after looking healthy af.

You can also see a blueberry thats been revegged and isnt to healthy and a clone of the durban mother poking in the pic.
Pp321

Plato's Poison #3 making good progress.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Pp1 and male pp3

PP#1 popping pistils all over, little hungry. She was so squat before.

PP#3 stretched all over the place after being topped, and also appears to be a male.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Sayonara, PP#3. Last notes, Nice stretch after topping.. Bushed out well. Pithy stem at the base, stem above the woody area hollow. Male that resembled the father after he was topped immensely.. with just one topping.

Pp3 Structure

Plz excuse the momma alpha durban in her age and the og flo on the back drop.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

PP#1's Top rooted well and a few weeks along. Showing the blueberry leaf twinge which is a trait of Dj's and now also JD's blueberry.

I suspect the large stem size, hollowness and shape come from the blueberry, primarily.. I hope the durban compliments that by spacing out the internodes and adding to the node amount per.

The downside of the durban.. She makes TONS of sugar leaves.
Pp1 leaf twinge

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Sugar leaves arent a problem.. If you like smoking leaves over flower.

...and really? So you are telling me hollow stems are not a trait... that can be passed on.. k..

Last edited:
dankninja

dankninja

lack of logic lol. funny how you show up guns blazing. one of the most logical cats on here. hollow stems ARE very indicative of lineage.

dankninja

dankninja

all available online. took me 5 minutes.

3) Males that have a large hollow main stem rather than more pith filled stems are better THC producers.

affects fiber production. used to identify clone A for example from clone B, of same strain, pheno from pheno, and related genetic to related or non related genetic. along with many other variables.

#4 Hollow Stem.
This I have no scientific data to prove; but I heard it from an old pro. Hollow stems in males equate to resin production; solid stems equate to fiber production.

Once we have found a suitable place to raise our males we can take and hack off the top couple of nodes and check to see how hollow the main stem happens to be.....Now we have all read RCClarkes and DJs statements on the high THC properties of hollow stem plants...This usually holds true but is certainly not always the case..

I also look for that low fan leaf ratio!
What does a low ratio imply?

Easier trimming. Better yields. Deeper light penetration. Many other things...

Obviously all plants have different genetics thus causing different stem thickness, but hollow stem is not something you see not even in every 10 plants.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Flowering was initiated last night. Week 0 begins.
PP1 week 0 flowering

Showing some deficiencies from hunger. Its likely the soil has run almost out.
Super sativa leaves pp1

PP#1c showing those beutiful sativa dom leaves off.

Top Bottom