Questions About Making Fem Seeds

• Thread starter 2020r1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankninja

dankninja

CS generator been running overnight. going for 12ppm actual, most of my notes are rec'd to spray regularly with 10-15ppm vs higher concentrations. been chilling the hybridtech, it might work lol

dankninja

dankninja

im lazy. a la @nightmarecreature
SUNP0004

this is before I started it last night

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

CS generator been running overnight. going for 12ppm actual, most of my notes are rec'd to spray regularly with 10-15ppm vs higher concentrations. been chilling the hybridtech, it might work lol
Curious..my PPM's measure 25-26 with a regular cheapo PPM meter..That conversion factor, I posted, points to a real ppm factor of 40-50 and this is my second apparent successful run spraying 2x per day. Sacs seem bigger this time (could be strains too), and developed in about 4-5 weeks. I will stop or reduce CS as the sacs begin to ripen and open. So far, I see nice ripe seeds on 2 plants I pollinated with Cackleberry Feminized pollen; and none on a GDP that I pollinated with a true male pollen, and then 2 different strains of feminized the same proven viable pollen..nada and it is time to see something. From what I can see..I think about 15-20 seeds per bud..Not too shabby for my first chuck..hopefully they are viable too..LOL

dankninja

dankninja

getting it just the right amount is my goal. I will be spraying until i see pods like you, but I dont want the resulting seed to go herm on me, gonna go with the lowest ppm count I can pull without being too weak.

was playing around with the idea of just filling a bottle of 12ppm, then leave gennie on till it hits 30.

last check it was at 5ppm after converting, with my equally shitty meter. 0PPM starting distilled h2o, 10ppm tested, 10 x .5 conversion factor = 5ppm

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

getting it just the right amount is my goal. I will be spraying until i see pods like you, but I dont want the resulting seed to go herm on me, gonna go with the lowest ppm count I can pull without being too weak.

was playing around with the idea of just filling a bottle of 12ppm, then leave gennie on till it hits 30.

last check it was at 5ppm after converting, with my equally shitty meter. 0PPM starting distilled h2o, 10ppm tested, 10 x .5 conversion factor = 5ppm
Curious why you think a resulting seed would go herm..If we use strong parents, that should help with new strain's stability I thought..The only signs of stress I see, is the normal dying of pistils before sacs form.
If mine germinate, it will be interesting to watch..especially the S1's

dankninja

dankninja

im making two different concentrations, 12ppm and 30ppm. I also have the hybridtech STS, and taking extra cuts now as well. I like to cover it all.

many I talk to and reference all recommend using lower ppm, more often. my last tiresias try wasnt long enough of an application, so looking to extend without pissing off my heirloom ogk.

I remember orgnkid mentioning the original ogk S1s he made were difficult to control offspring going hermie. said it was all dependent on concentration of chemicals. especially since ogk is probably so inbred at this point, even my cut is most likely an S3 or something crazy.

dankninja

dankninja

your gorilla wreck is from fem seed originally? so that would be an S2, or an S1 of an R1, which is god knows what lol

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

your gorilla wreck is from fem seed originally? so that would be an S2, or an S1 of an R1, which is god knows what lol
I think you are correct about the GW#4 feom fem seeds..but the Cackleberry was a fem from a regular seed that I turned..Too confusing for me..I just hope they germinate and grow..

dankninja

dankninja

if its parent gw was stable could be ok, im guessing its cannaventure? the cackleberry pollin would be more stable i would think. still learning myself. dont know how the breeder made the fem offering, but it would be an R1 or an S1, guessing R1.

still trying to figure out what an RBX3 is..wtf. good ol ethos

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Cannaventure is KNOWN for unstable genetics..My GW#4 never showed anything but good stuff..still. I only used that pollen to pollinate another GW#4 clone..The Cackleberry was my main thrust. The Cackleberry structure, potency, and yield were super..SOoooo..:)

lino

lino

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/a-m-a-im-lino-ask-me-anything.87502/page-20

Thread #399 touches on Feminized seed subject. I have other threads that outline DNA, Chromes and other effects on the plant and health to consumers of organisms from feminizing.

The Master Breeder , God straightens out this breeding mistakes quickly but most humans dont.

We performed side by side breeding tests with feminized plants. The results concluded the Chromosome facts.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/a-m-a-im-lino-ask-me-anything.87502/page-20

Thread #399 touches on Feminized seed subject. I have other threads that outline DNA, Chromes and other effects on the plant and health to consumers of organisms from feminizing.

The Master Breeder , God straightens out this breeding mistakes quickly but most humans dont.

We performed side by side breeding tests with feminized plants. The results concluded the Chromosome facts.
Love fem seeds, have had far more hermies from regs than fems.

lino

lino

Love fem seeds, have had far more hermies from regs than fems.
Isint that the purpose of mass produce from transgenic species. And knocking all the male chromes to control sex is a good thing?
Well, I guess transgenics can help for profit on massive grows. Monsanto does well with this practice on seedless products. Cannabis strains seem to have many phenos so fem help stabilize crops and that helps for mass productions
Be it human or plant you dont want to be breeding or consuming hermy's and GMO on a constant basis and we do but some find nothing wrong with that or pimping out hermy's and GMO's. to each his own imo.. Myself, I see it as a standard practice in production crops..
The breeding with Feminized plants is a difficult practice. it might be used to protects some genetics but I just dont see many reasons for Fems for myself,, can save me the cost and time of finding some males ... some say I get less hermys with Fem plants. RITE THERE Tells us we have bad genetics if we dont know. or understand. Or one might say they found the holy grail pheno plant in hermy seed, which happens IMO more often than we'd like to admit.

Some Hermy strains produce champs, best legs contest at Daytona Beach - won 6 years by a man, cant see the contestant from the waist up....
Fems
Cannabis has many champs from hermy stains but chemically Feminized plants , how mundane , one just like the other with weak, sickly crappy offsring and the consumption disrupts chromosome to the consumer.

I know. I'm a pussy for saying that but we've all heard the saying: we are what we eat and that might go for smoking to.

dankninja

dankninja

back to it...my victims are ready to go, probly using at least 2 of these 3 HA-og kush cuts. not so droopy anymores. have my CS and STS in the fridge awaiting their duties. couldnt get my CS to read right with the conversion factor..of course. ran it for over 24 hours, im guessing its at 12.75?ppm. close enough whatever it is. still deciding what to STS, what to CS.
SUNP0018

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Clones look good now
My new batch of CS is giving me trouble..cant get it over 13 ppm..I go for 25ppm on the meter.

dankninja

dankninja

my batch was lower than expected as well. i made in a gallon jug, no doubt thats why i couldnt get the ppm i desired in right amount of time. have set aside one cut for this trial run, planning on learning...alot more from this run. then a real femming run with a dialed in method, 4+ cuts.

F

freddyyola

Yea..pork em..pork em all..LOL
I moved things back a bit and low and behold! I think it worked!!!:) (1x branch 2 buds pollinated)
White Widow x Cackleberry "TURNED w/ CS" Feminized pollen.

Should be harvesting in 10 days or so..Can't wait for this one..Think its time for a Dab or FOUR..LMAO
View attachment 798569
dang bro that looks beautiful congrats on a bunch of good seeds!

F

freddyyola

I think you are correct about the GW#4 feom fem seeds..but the Cackleberry was a fem from a regular seed that I turned..Too confusing for me..I just hope they germinate and grow..
cant wait to get me a fem grow going i cant afford 10-15$ a seed esp since ima newbie and mess up alot

Latest posts

Top Bottom