Secound Opinion Please! Organic Soil Grow! Help Please!

• Thread starter YaBuddy321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

YaBuddy321

Hello everyone! I posted here a few weeks ago with these same issues and they have not resolved. Bassacially they are growing very slow, taking 2weeks to use up there water, twisted growth, yellowing and burnt looking leaves, purple steams, and just over all crappy. They are still in veg under t-5 and cfl's. I just repotted a couple of babies in Fox Farm Ocean Forest just yesterday thinking maybe it's the Dr.Earth soil. I also sent for a soil test a few weeks ago still waiting for results. I also tested for TMV 3 times and all were negative. The TMV test were from
Agdia. My ph seems to swing around one day in the low 5s and sometimes in the 6s? The run off and the PH before I water changes.

Water:
Using RO water and in the pic you can see the PH is 6.4, but sometimes I check it and it's really low in the 5s. What could make RO water change PH from day to day. I do have it sit in a 5 gallon water jug but only for a few days. PPM from RO is around 10. The runoff also changes from 5s up in the 6s. So maybe the PH is wacked out? I used dolomite to try and balance that out.

Growing:
Silver lined grow tents
5 gallon pots
Dr. Earth soil
T-5 and cfl in veg
60% humidity/84F

Nutrients/Amendments
Fish bone meal
Blood meal
Bat guano
Kelp meal
Alfalfa meal
Epsom salt
Dolomite
Azomite
Myco
Grow kashi
Using compost teas for feeds with RO water and calmag+

This has been going on to long. Everything seems right but not looking right. I'm worried about viruses or something in the air I'm not sure I'm lost! Lol Please any help would be appreciated.
Thanks/ I also have another post on this from a few weeks ago:https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/oganic-growing-issues-on-two-runs-please-help.74711/

Secound opinion please organic soil grow help please
Secound opinion please organic soil grow help please 2
Secound opinion please organic soil grow help please 3
Secound opinion please organic soil grow help please 4
Secound opinion please organic soil grow help please 5
Secound opinion please organic soil grow help please 6
Secound opinion please organic soil grow help please 7
Secound opinion please organic soil grow help please 8
Secound opinion please organic soil grow help please 9
Secound opinion please organic soil grow help please 10
Y

YaBuddy321

have you ruled out all pests?

Yes. I've checked the bottom sides of multiple leaves with 60x scope and didn't not see anything. I also checked the soil and there are tiny white/ some grey hopping bug. After research I found those to be springtails which should cause no harm.
I also seen some type of black beetle. Haven't seen anything but maybe one or two gnats.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
they look hungry to me for the most part - just need some food

as far as taking 2 weeks between watering = where they small when you put the in a 5 gal pot? what size pot where they before you put them in the 5s? takes a minute for their legs to stretch out and use up the water

tmv is nothing to worry about in cannabis fwiw

that being said you should get 60-100x scope and check those weird looking new growth leaves for russet and broad mites = these can not be seen with the naked eye

Y

YaBuddy321

they look hungry to me for the most part - just need some food

as far as taking 2 weeks between watering = where they small when you put the in a 5 gal pot? what size pot where they before you put them in the 5s? takes a minute for their legs to stretch out and use up the water

tmv is nothing to worry about in cannabis fwiw

that being said you should get 60-100x scope and check those weird looking new growth leaves for russet and broad mites = these can not be seen with the naked eye
Thank you! I did check the leaves with a scope but I will check again. Also they where in cups, then 3 gallons, then 5 gallon. But no matter what size they all show slow growth and water intake.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
could be a lockout issue - first thing is i would stop using ro water

how much t5 and cfl light are the getting? t5s only veg what is directly under them - show a pic of a wideshot that incluses lighting if you can

when scoping check the fronts and backs of the new growth - russets tent to gather where there leaf blades attach to the petiole - broads shy away from the light so look in the margins on backs of leaves - eggs are slightly larger than the adults and broads have small dots on them making them appear jeweled

Wisher619

Wisher619

Checking runoff in Organic Media with organic amendments is only going to confuse you....the runoff PH and Ppm mean nothing when you are working with organics as well you don't need to ph anything going in if you are running pure organics...I would also stop using RO....organics do fine with just tap water....you can fill up a 5gal of tap and throw a Tbs of Molasses and 1 Tbs of EWC and bubble for about 1 hour and your water is good to go...no PH no PPm check....JMO

I would also let them dry out almost till bone dry....I know the micro beasties don't like that but you are continually adding more so it should be fine....
To me it looks like it has become toxic and imbalanced in the root zone

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Yeah i rekon you may have to much mag in your soil causing soil bind and water retention . If it was me i use straight good water (not a fan of ro )with beneficials for 2 weeks small waters like .5 of a gallon every second day . the microbes should clean up your soil fix the nute block issue . firstly though id consider a flush to try and free up the soil . Allso run them up around 78 to 80 f . bugger off the fluro,s chuck a hps in there and imo things should turn around . hope There is something in there for u . cheers

Y

YaBuddy321

Yeah i rekon you may have to much mag in your soil causing soil bind and water retention . If it was me i use straight good water (not a fan of ro )with beneficials for 2 weeks small waters like .5 of a gallon every second day . the microbes should clean up your soil fix the nute block issue . firstly though id consider a flush to try and free up the soil . Allso run them up around 78 to 80 f . bugger off the fluro,s chuck a hps in there and imo things should turn around . hope There is something in there for u . cheers
Thanks man. I just watered one allot to flush it out. Tons of water came out of the bottom but I started digging around to look for bugs and there were massive dry spots in the soil? I mean I a least poured 3gallons in a 5 gallon pot. And there was none dry soil under the surface.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

K so you have water channels in your pot . manipulate the pots gently maybe even gently poke around in there to bust those channels up . next plant u flush use 5 gall . id even consider repotting . but as before . i pretty much use light and beneficials to over come most problems . I think you have 3 probs not enough light / heat . nute lock and obviously soil water issues . not a big fan of fluros past 2 weeks of veg .

Y

YaBuddy321

K so you have water channels in your pot . manipulate the pots gently maybe even gently poke around in there to bust those channels up . next plant u flush use 5 gall . id even consider repotting . but as before . i pretty much use light and beneficials to over come most problems . I think you have 3 probs not enough light / heat . nute lock and obviously soil water issues . not a big fan of fluros past 2 weeks of veg .

Ok water channels thanks. I did dig around and loose up as much soil as I could. And flushed out more. When you say beneficials are you talking compost teas or myco? What would you recommend? If they start looking better im going to put them under a MH light. I just don't want to stress them more before I can figure this out. I'm hoping it's just the DR earth soil because it's effecting old and young plants. Thanks for the help!

Y

YaBuddy321

Checking runoff in Organic Media with organic amendments is only going to confuse you....the runoff PH and Ppm mean nothing when you are working with organics as well you don't need to ph anything going in if you are running pure organics...I would also stop using RO....organics do fine with just tap water....you can fill up a 5gal of tap and throw a Tbs of Molasses and 1 Tbs of EWC and bubble for about 1 hour and your water is good to go...no PH no PPm check....JMO

I would also let them dry out almost till bone dry....I know the micro beasties don't like that but you are continually adding more so it should be fine....
To me it looks like it has become toxic and imbalanced in the root zone

Thanks for the help. I have herd of RO causing issues so I mixed 50/50 RO/Tap with no changes. Also I want full organics if possible and I have city water full of stuff. Also you said only 1tbs molasses and only 1tsp of EWC. Per 5 gallon? It's that all you need? I make teas with 1tbs molasses and 1/2 cup EWC per gallon. Then double that with plain water. Am I using to much? Thanks again

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Beneficials to me is fungi and microbes what temp is your room at I don't think mh will stres them out . Plus once flushed use only little water with beneficial a evry 2-3 days so the rest of the pot drys out . With small plants don't flush and a lot of your probs sound like there coming from temp issues .

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Ok didn't notice your temp before but at 84 f to have those dampness problems across the board I'd say the soil is fucked . You might want to lower humidity a bit only cause of dampness issue .

Y

YaBuddy321

Ok didn't notice your temp before but at 84 f to have those dampness problems across the board I'd say the soil is fucked . You might want to lower humidity a bit only cause of dampness issue .

Think it's just a bad batch of soil?

Wisher619

Wisher619

No 1Tbs Molasses and 1Tbs of EWC not for tea...the EWC neutralizes the chlorine and whatnot as well as adds a little bit of micro which will feed on that molasses...that isn't a tea recipe and actually tap has a lot of good things in it...common misconception....unless there is fluoride and that would pretty much be harmful to you...

Y

YaBuddy321

No 1Tbs Molasses and 1Tbs of EWC not for tea...the EWC neutralizes the chlorine and whatnot as well as adds a little bit of micro which will feed on that molasses...that isn't a tea recipe and actually tap has a lot of good things in it...common misconception....unless there is fluoride and that would pretty much be harmful to you...
Ok gotcha thanks!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Using RO water and in the pic you can see the PH is 6.4, but sometimes I check it and it's really low in the 5s. What could make RO water change PH from day to day. I do have it sit in a 5 gallon water jug but only for a few days.
RO has no alkalinity.

Right now, I'm just going to say what I see without moving beyond that for the time being. Right now I see that the pH is out of range of what the plants like. I feel 6.4 is too low for soil, bring it up to 6.8 and start allowing it to range more.
I see an advanced P-.
I see K-.
Finally, there is clearly an immobile element deficiency going on, right now I'm going to land on Fe due the your love for RO water and the low pH range. I would get something to use as a foliar application for dealing with that in the most efficient manner.

First thing to 'fix' is getting pH ranges up. Do a slurry test to get a more accurate reading. Then the other problems can be addressed once you get that leaf twisting to stop.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Lol I was too lazy to read most of the posts...

the OP ask me to look at the thread

My best advice is keep it simple!
man I could never grow that scientific way that some people do.. with the pens and all that stuff!
it works well for some people I'm just saying I could never do it

Top Bottom