Secound Opinion Please! Organic Soil Grow! Help Please!

• Thread starter YaBuddy321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

YaBuddy321

Here are some pics I snapped of my own. These are on a potaoe in my soil. Hard to see but they are there

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

Not all tap water contains chlorine. In fact most water treatment plants stopped using chlorine to treat their water decades ago. I test my tap water for chlorine with simple pool test strips and find nothing every time. Altho the ppms coming out is around 250-300 i use this water to feed my ladies and they dont seem to mind it at all.

Organic soil buffers ph of your feeds, so generally you want to get your soil ph corrcect. Adding water with a high ph wont change your soil ph for more than a day or so. And could cause problems in and of itself. And, when i first started i had runoff like crazy. This is over the top. Just feed the soil, lightly, until just a tiny bit runoff comes out. Maybe even less. Dry soil is easier to fix then over sarurated soil imo. Easier to catch and fix. For me anyways. And this dry spell will help you determine how quickly your plants are drinking the water.

A tbs of molasses is a LOT how often dId you feed it that much? If the microbe life wasnt there, molasses can choke your plants out. Like scott and POG said it "creates a lead blanket causing lockout"
If your not using the correct teas and microbe life to break the sugar chains down.

Sea told me i shouldnt normally flush organic soil as it flushes out all your microbe life. But working on garden issues requires you to go just about everywhere. So do what you gotta do, but generally you shouldnt put that much water in there.

I truthfully think its your pests. and that you should follow some of the advice given to you. HOWEVER I think you should take what i said to heart. And IME the methods of soil growing i just mentioned could possibly help keep your plants healthy.

Just this gardenturds two cents. Good luck. And keep it simple!
Whao are we speaking of the same thing. Who said anything about Ph?...

What's all that extra stuff about?, I'm just talking about microbes, I didn't speak about the phing organic soil "what what". I'm slightly confused ..

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

Not all tap water contains chlorine. In fact most water treatment plants stopped using chlorine to treat their water decades ago. I test my tap water for chlorine with simple pool test strips and find nothing every time. Altho the ppms coming out is around 250-300 i use this water to feed my ladies and they dont seem to mind it at all.

Organic soil buffers ph of your feeds, so generally you want to get your soil ph corrcect. Adding water with a high ph wont change your soil ph for more than a day or so. And could cause problems in and of itself. And, when i first started i had runoff like crazy. This is over the top. Just feed the soil, lightly, until just a tiny bit runoff comes out. Maybe even less. Dry soil is easier to fix then over sarurated soil imo. Easier to catch and fix. For me anyways. And this dry spell will help you determine how quickly your plants are drinking the water.

A tbs of molasses is a LOT how often dId you feed it that much? If the microbe life wasnt there, molasses can choke your plants out. Like scott and POG said it "creates a lead blanket causing lockout"
If your not using the correct teas and microbe life to break the sugar chains down.

Sea told me i shouldnt normally flush organic soil as it flushes out all your microbe life. But working on garden issues requires you to go just about everywhere. So do what you gotta do, but generally you shouldnt put that much water in there.

I truthfully think its your pests. and that you should follow some of the advice given to you. HOWEVER I think you should take what i said to heart. And IME the methods of soil growing i just mentioned could possibly help keep your plants healthy.

Just this gardenturds two cents. Good luck. And keep it simple!

And in all fairness are you not a recent indoor grower to be giving out advice?

I was just reading through your other thread as of July 15th, 2015. You're an expert now?

How can you think it's my pest? Never once did I mention anything about my grow. Did you really comprehend what I wrote?

Please give advice to what I speak about, it shows your grow knowledge. And several companies make this product called a Dechlorinators, other companies make reverse osmosis.... Hydrologix, so I'm sure I'd there wasn't a need for it, they wouldn't make it, but that's just my logic.

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sea told me i shouldnt normally flush organic soil as it flushes out all your microbe life.
Mmm.. I don't think that was me who said that. The microbes will stick to the soil particles, and in fact, it is glomulin produced by bacteria that gives soil 'tilth' and friability. That said, I do not recommend flushing for organic cultivation because, simply put, it's not only not necessary, but it just won't work with certain amendments due to their lack of solubility. :)

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

And in all fairness are you not a recent indoor grower to be giving out advice?

I was just reading through your other thread as of July 15th, 2015. You're an expert now?

How can you think it's my pest? Never once did I mention anything about my grow. Did you really comprehend what I wrote?

Please give advice to what I speak about, it shows your grow knowledge. And several companies make this product called a Dechlorinators, other companies make reverse osmosis.... Hydrologix, so I'm sure I'd there wasn't a need for it, they wouldn't make it, but that's just my logic.

I was trying to help out the OP
Not tend to your point of view. If you read back on everything he said youll see where i was trying to help.

If you dont agree with me, say so. Thats fine. Like you said, im a relatively recent grower. But so is the OP. Therefore, i feel as though my info is pertinent to his situation.

However, whos wasting more space here? The guy trying to help? Or the guy trying to shit on my opinion rather than correct it.

I didnt state any facts lets make that clear.

@YaBuddy321 hope things go well, ill make my way to another post.

@nocollin2k no disrespect dude, but your response was uncalled for, and the first time ive been treated as such since ive been here. Are you the expert? Because if you are why dont you spend your time dropping knowledge on those in need instead of spending your time harping on those who are trying to help. Just food for thought.

Respect to the OP and those around. Apologies to the staff if i stepped over the line. Im here to learn and give back. Ill check my steps better i guess.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Mmm.. I don't think that was me who said that. The microbes will stick to the soil particles, and in fact, it is glomulin produced by bacteria that gives soil 'tilth' and friability. That said, I do not recommend flushing for organic cultivation because, simply put, it's not only not necessary, but it just won't work with certain amendments due to their lack of solubility. :)

I could have sworn when i posted up my buddys plant that needed water. I said. He did a flush, and somebody told me that flushing organic soil out is bad for the microlife, flushes it out etc... My bad. Couldve sworn it was you. Apologies sea.

Y

YaBuddy321

I could have sworn when i posted up my buddys plant that needed water. I said. He did a flush, and somebody told me that flushing organic soil out is bad for the microlife, flushes it out etc... My bad. Couldve sworn it was you. Apologies sea.
I wanna fix my plants not start a fight! Lol
Thanks for all advice I apperiate the help. Also if someone's advice doesn't sound right I will go to my friend Google. Lol
But thanks again don't stop

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well, how's it all looking today?
Ain't no thang, just gave me an opportunity to make a correction about a common assumption. A lot of people believe that you can flush microbial life out of the soil with water.

Y

YaBuddy321

Well, how's it all looking today?
Ain't no thang, just gave me an opportunity to make a correction about a common assumption. A lot of people believe that you can flush microbial life out of the soil with water.
Still having issues with twisted new growth and some of the leaves looked chewed with no bugs in sight. I think it's something to do with the cells in the leaves but don't no what's causing it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You're still allowing the pH to swing, and it's still in that 5-6 range? If so, I still think that's too low a pH range and in my experience will cause what you're describing.

Have you done a slurry test? I can't recall.

Y

YaBuddy321

You're still allowing the pH to swing, and it's still in that 5-6 range? If so, I still think that's too low a pH range and in my experience will cause what you're describing.

Have you done a slurry test? I can't recall.
Yes I did. It's weird some times the slurry is in a good PH and sometimes it's low.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If it's still swinging, I think it's time to add a SMALL amount of something with carbonates or bicarbonates. Carbonates can be in the form of something like dolomite lime or oyster shell flour, bicarbonates can be as simple as baking soda or potassium bicarbonate.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Show us a picture of your grow room.... 90 percent of the time it's the environment you have created for them that is the problem..... You can over tinker with nutrients and all this other crap but if your room isn't set up right with a good environment they will never be happy no matter what you are giving them for food....

Y

YaBuddy321

Show us a picture of your grow room.... 90 percent of the time it's the environment you have created for them that is the problem..... You can over tinker with nutrients and all this other crap but if your room isn't set up right with a good environment they will never be happy no matter what you are giving them for food....

Thanks! The temps and RH are good. I've even changed soil some look ok but none are great. Could this be a virus? Man this sucks! Thanks for the help

chronic68

chronic68

Lol I was too lazy to read most of the posts...

the OP ask me to look at the thread

My best advice is keep it simple!
man I could never grow that scientific way that some people do.. with the pens and all that stuff!
it works well for some people I'm just saying I could never do it
i agree with caregiverken it seems you have both nute burn and a deficiency of some kind i think you might have started with too much too soon try a bottled nute and work your way up try nectar of the gods they have a sample pack that should last about a grow and you wont have to break the bank humboldt countys own also has a sample pack. only other thang is id drop the temp to about 77 if you can good luck

Top Bottom