Secound Opinion Please! Organic Soil Grow! Help Please!

• Thread starter YaBuddy321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happy b

Thanks! I used the potatoe and first I saw nothing but when I used a 100x scope I saw tiny clear looking bugs. Slow moving. I'm not sure if they are root aphids or what. I'm trying to look them up but can find a exact pic.
Im glad u checked.alot of growers are so ignorant about pests they would rather deny even the possibility they have pests.they rather chase theyr tails for months rather than take a wee look for pests and the thing is ignoring it dont make it go away.but remember oftimes there are benificial or harmless stuff living in organic soil,like springtails for example.
but if your flinging stuff at them all the time chasing a deficency with no success then pests is the most obvious candidate.its just a process of elimination to find out what it is.do a bit of reading on common infestations and see what sounds familiar.
good luck.

Y

YaBuddy321

Yes, you can, but be careful to incorporate it into the media/soil surface. Otherwise it'll crust up and be useless.
Sorry I started another thread I don't really no how to use this site I was just looking for a reliable answer. Is there a way to combine the treads. One is about the leaves and one is about bugs.

H

happy b

Sorry I started another thread I don't really no how to use this site I was just looking for a reliable answer. Is there a way to combine the treads. One is about the leaves and one is about bugs.
One affects the other.they are linked the bugs and the leave problems.the pests damage your roots which stops em taking up nutes properly resulting in deficencies and it weakens the plants resistance to molds and harmfull pathogens.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can merge the threads for you, I'll be happy to do that. It does make it easier for the other growers to help you if you keep all problems with the same grow in one place.

Y

YaBuddy321

I can merge the threads for you, I'll be happy to do that. It does make it easier for the other growers to help you if you keep all problems with the same grow in one place.
Thank you! My bad.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Could you shoot me the link to the other thread?

Y

YaBuddy321

LMAO! I'd forgotten about that. Gimme a minute.[/QUOTE
I found these in my soil. I believe to be Bulb Mites do you know if a heat treatment woul kill these? Or what to do about them?
Thanks!

Y

YaBuddy321

Anyone know what to do about these things? I believe they are Bulb Mites and was thinking about doing a heat treatment. Found them in my soil with a 100x scope.

lazyfarma420

lazyfarma420

Anyone know what to do about these things? I believe they are Bulb Mites and was thinking about doing a heat treatment. Found them in my soil with a 100x scope.
Spray a neem oil mixture on tje top of ur soil and also ground cinnamon top dress also gets them out of there doesn't kill them but makes them leave I had them on the bottom of when I transplanted there gone now

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

:bookworm::bookworm:
No RO, a healthy organic mix will adjust the PH, runoff is not an accurate indicator especially with the pre loaded amendments. organic mixes can absorb and hold a lot of water, getting air to the root zone could be an issue if you have a heavily amended organic soil with excessive moisture sitting, it can become anaerobic killing off the biology that is "digesting" your preloaded amendments, without the biology firing those amendments will just sit in the soil. If you are using amendments that are milled very fine and soluble its a good idea to flush your mix before transplanting, soil sucks up and holds that initial moisture along with whats in it and it cannot be rinsed out as easily as coco or peat based mixes. A nutrient rich low O2 environment can lead to various issues quickly, weak growth, degrees of lockout, struggling plants, weak root systems, and multiple random issues rather than one clear issue much easier to trouble shoot. Using breathable containers may help, fabric pots tend to work well with Organic soil even if you have to go up a size to do it. For now dry out your mix, re-introduce the biology, feed only water or mild teas with focus on catalysts that assists in breaking down your amendments and biology rather than adding any more nutrients. Next run try fluffing your mix with red rock or perilite to increase the O2, reduce or eliminate the preloaded nutes, (remember organics already contain the major building blocks and are not 100% dependent on you adding nutrition, peat and coco are practically sterile) when you feed consider starting at 1/4 to 1/2 of what most manufacturers recommend, you can always increase it. slightly moist to almost dry between waterings. Remember you can easily over feed and over water organics, the mix holds more moisture longer especially if the mix contains a large percentage of material of larger grade than coco or peat, those can take weeks to dry out and much of that is based on how fast the plant is taking it up and transpiring, evaporation does not assist nearly as much as it would with greenhouse or outdoor. Organics are the pratice of managing an ecosystem, you are not feeding the plant, your organic soil is, all you need to do is provide the building blocks, be gentile.

Great advice. :bookworm:

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

Checking runoff in Organic Media with organic amendments is only going to confuse you....the runoff PH and Ppm mean nothing when you are working with organics as well you don't need to ph anything going in if you are running pure organics...I would also stop using RO....organics do fine with just tap water....you can fill up a 5gal of tap and throw a Tbs of Molasses and 1 Tbs of EWC and bubble for about 1 hour and your water is good to go...no PH no PPm check....JMO

I would also let them dry out almost till bone dry....I know the micro beasties don't like that but you are continually adding more so it should be fine....
To me it looks like it has become toxic and imbalanced in the root zone
Chlorine and chloramine kill the microbes in an organic mix. How do you find they do fine when tap water contains all this? @Wisher619

lazyfarma420

lazyfarma420

Chlorine and chloramine kill the microbes in an organic mix. How do you find they do fine when tap water contains all this? @Wisher619
You can use tap water as long as you leave it out over night the air will kill the the chlorine also tap water contains trace elements that organics benefit from this was a comment that could of bin verified with Google bro

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hmm... I can barely make out the twin butt pipes that are supposed to be a unique characteristic of root aphids. Have you checked out the thread on ID pix?

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

You can use tap water as long as you leave it out over night the air will kill the the chlorine also tap water contains trace elements that organics benefit from this was a comment that could of bin verified with Google bro
That part wasn't stated. I'm being exact. You could google that too. It was in reference to using as is.

lazyfarma420

lazyfarma420

That part wasn't stated. I'm being exact. You could google that too. It was in reference to using as is.
It shouldn't have to be stated it's a fact everybody knows that there are threads on it in the farm the way you made it sound like it was forbidden to use tap water I never Phd my water ever and I never had a issue and especially with organics the soil when done correctly corrects itself and also the amounts of chlorine in our drinking water does not have enough of the chemical to kill microbes that live in the soil

Y

YaBuddy321

Hmm... I can barely make out the twin butt pipes that are supposed to be a unique characteristic of root aphids. Have you checked out the thread on ID pix?
Bulb mite is the closes thing I see. I put some BTI on the soil it's supposed to help. Fingers crossed!
Will it harm the plant if I do a drench with neem oil?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Bulb mite is the closes thing I see. I put some BTI on the soil it's supposed to help. Fingers crossed!
Will it harm the plant if I do a drench with neem oil?
In my experience, yes, it ends up causing harm. I think we've got a bulb mite thread on here, can't recall who started it or what they ended up doing about it.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Not all tap water contains chlorine. In fact most water treatment plants stopped using chlorine to treat their water decades ago. I test my tap water for chlorine with simple pool test strips and find nothing every time. Altho the ppms coming out is around 250-300 i use this water to feed my ladies and they dont seem to mind it at all.

Organic soil buffers ph of your feeds, so generally you want to get your soil ph corrcect. Adding water with a high ph wont change your soil ph for more than a day or so. And could cause problems in and of itself. And, when i first started i had runoff like crazy. This is over the top. Just feed the soil, lightly, until just a tiny bit runoff comes out. Maybe even less. Dry soil is easier to fix then over sarurated soil imo. Easier to catch and fix. For me anyways. And this dry spell will help you determine how quickly your plants are drinking the water.

A tbs of molasses is a LOT how often dId you feed it that much? If the microbe life wasnt there, molasses can choke your plants out. Like scott and POG said it "creates a lead blanket causing lockout"
If your not using the correct teas and microbe life to break the sugar chains down.

Sea told me i shouldnt normally flush organic soil as it flushes out all your microbe life. But working on garden issues requires you to go just about everywhere. So do what you gotta do, but generally you shouldnt put that much water in there.

I truthfully think its your pests. and that you should follow some of the advice given to you. HOWEVER I think you should take what i said to heart. And IME the methods of soil growing i just mentioned could possibly help keep your plants healthy.

Just this gardenturds two cents. Good luck. And keep it simple!

Top Bottom