Setting Up With 2 Marshydro Ll 400watt Led

• Thread starter SKYWALKER420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SKYWALKER420

Hello, I need advice on setting up my first grow room I have 2 marshydro ll 400watt led what would be the best and most effective tent size for both of these lights to go in? I would greatly appreciate your input on what would be best for these 2 lights together! Thank you greatly! !!!

C

Cobaltcoyote

I can't say much about the Mars 2 lights, but I do own 2 of the 96 reflectors. Mine are the 3w chip, and I'm pretty sure yours are a 5w. I guess I would have to remember read each light's specs. With just one light, I was hard pressed for lumens in bloom phase, but I was only running one of the 96 reflectors. I did a bunch of pruning on the bottom and Scroged, which helped, but it was still tough to get enough light penetration. Due to the lack of light I bought a second one, and ended up with some pretty nice stuff. Due to experience, I would say one light was stretched for bloom in a 2x3 area. 2 lights cover a 3x3 nicely for veg or bloom. I have a home job set up at the moment with a 6 inch stationary clip up fan, and I supplement it with a 16 inch ocillating fan in bloom. 4x4ft tent should give ample room for everything and then some. Interesting to note as well, I did notice the plants seemed to uptake magnesium and calcium at a slightly higher rate than what I would have expected under HID. Since you mentioned it was your first grow, study up on the term "goldilocks zone". Im not sure with the 5w chip systems, but the 3w system is pretty forgiving when it comes to height above the plants. In veg i have the lights about 6 inches above the top of the plant. I'd look at your light specifications and adjust from there. Hope it helps and grow on. :bookworm::cool:

Last edited:
S

SKYWALKER420

I can't say much about the Mars 2 lights, but I do own 2 of the 96 reflectors. Mine are the 3w chip, and I'm pretty sure yours are a 5w. I guess I would have to remember read each light's specs. With just one light, I was hard pressed for lumens in bloom phase, but I was only running one of the 96 reflectors. I did a bunch of pruning on the bottom and Scroged, which helped, but it was still tough to get enough light penetration. Due to the lack of light I bought a second one, and ended up with some pretty nice stuff. Due to experience, I would say one light was stretched for bloom in a 2x3 area. 2 lights cover a 3x3 nicely for veg or bloom. I have a home job set up at the moment with a 6 inch stationary clip up fan, and I supplement it with a 16 inch ocillating fan in bloom. 4x4ft tent should give ample room for everything and then some. Interesting to note as well, I did notice the plants seemed to uptake magnesium and calcium at a slightly higher rate than what I would have expected under HID. Since you mentioned it was your first grow, study up on the term "goldilocks zone". Im not sure with the 5w chip systems, but the 3w system is pretty forgiving when it comes to height above the plants. In veg i have the lights about 6 inches above the top of the plant. I'd look at your light specifications and adjust from there. Hope it helps and grow on. :bookworm::cool:
Yes this helps greatly thank you for your suggestions and experience !!

C

Cobaltcoyote

Correction. Mine are 5 watt. The space question stands. Should be able to do a 4x4 or 3x5 easily

scubascrog

scubascrog

If you are open to something don't get 2 of the led panels, get one and one 400W hid tube or something, I did it and the plants still responded tenfold when I put in my MH, and I went with Platinum led (2x the cost of mars).
just my % .02

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I have 2 mars 1600's my room temps are 76-78degrees 10 degrees lower when lights are off , I recently added a 1000 watt mh into the spectrum, also I add 4-26 watt reptisun bulbs to add uv. in a sealed room w co2. I exhaust the room w a 6'' fan & carbon filter & 2 circulating fans. after adding 1000 watt my temps get upto 81 degrees at the top of my canopy t5 is just a work light

IMG 2312
S

SKYWALKER420

I appreciate everyone's input I already had the 2 marshydro 400s I got them at a good deal so I rolled with it. I actually have one 400 led set up in a 27 in x 27 in tent and Temps stay at 77f. Plus I'm hoping to save on energy bill. I ended up going with a 3'9"×3'9" tent hopefully I will get good results aslong as I don't screw up LOL !

S

SKYWALKER420

Hey Cobaltcoyote thats a really nice looking plant is that under your 96 reflectors?

S

SKYWALKER420

These are my 2 ww I started from seed sprouted Dec16 started in 5gal dwc on Dec.26 I had run into a phopororus deficiency about 2 weeks ago they are finally coming around, it just seems there Should be alot more growth or either I'm just really impatient my ph is at 5.7 my ppm are at 550 . My temp are 77F in this little tent which is 27in x 27in x 5ft and it has a marshydro 400watt led in it. My water temperature is 70-72F max. I'm using tap water ppm 140 from tap I'm using GH flora series with hydroguard, and cal mag.which I'm not sure if I need or not! Does anyone know if I'm on track or way behind any help would be greatly appreciated !!!!!!!

C

Cobaltcoyote

Hey Cobaltcoyote thats a really nice looking plant is that under your 96 reflectors?
Yep, 2 of the 96 reflectors. Love em, but be sure to give the plants a chance to adapt to the LED light intensity. The LED lights can bleach the leaves and burn small brown spots in the leaves if it gets too close, which will look like calcium and magnesium deficiencies. Under LED lights as well, the plants seem to require a little extra dose of calcium and magnesium. Throughout the entire grow.

Last edited:
C

Cobaltcoyote

These are my 2 ww I started from seed sprouted Dec16 started in 5gal dwc on Dec.26 I had run into a phopororus deficiency about 2 weeks ago they are finally coming around, it just seems there Should be alot more growth or either I'm just really impatient my ph is at 5.7 my ppm are at 550 . My temp are 77F in this little tent which is 27in x 27in x 5ft and it has a marshydro 400watt led in it. My water temperature is 70-72F max. I'm using tap water ppm 140 from tap I'm using GH flora series with hydroguard, and cal mag.which I'm not sure if I need or not! Does anyone know if I'm on track or way behind any help would be greatly appreciated !!!!!!!

For being started on the 26th they seem pretty good. I would recommend reducing your ppm slightly and bring your ph up a little, maybe to 6.0 and see if that helps. Maybe double check to see if your ph is fluctuating after its been circulating so check ppm and ph periodically. My plant is a Critical mass strain, supposed to be a heavy feeder but I still keep my nutrient mix around 600 ppm. I'm running mine in soiless. The Pro-mix hp, and keep my ph at 6.8 for all my liquid nutrients. I started mine in October and im running the Botanicare pro blend line. Ease into any new nutrients as well until you have an idea as to what she wants, and don't be afraid to run a batch of ph'd water over her until she shows small deficiency. Just like us, plants like to eat when they are hungry, so I feel it's OK to let them get there a tiny bit between feedings. Just be patient with yourself and your girls. They are still babies really.

Last edited:
S

SKYWALKER420

Thank you Cobaltcoyote I really appreciate it I ended up going with the marshydro 3'9"×3'9"×6' tent I'm thinking I'm going to need more lights I'm going to check those reflectors series out !!

C

Cobaltcoyote

Thank you Cobaltcoyote I really appreciate it I ended up going with the marshydro 3'9"×3'9"×6' tent I'm thinking I'm going to need more lights I'm going to check those reflectors series out !![/QUOTE
One 96 reflector with the 2 you have should do it. Or a 400W HID. The nutrients I run call for a ph around 6.4. But because of the peat moss I run 6.8 which keeps my medium somewhere close to 6.5 ish. May just have to experiment to figure what works for you. I am curious what size air and water pump you are running. I'm interested in trying DWC, and I'm looking for others who are already there.

Last edited:
C

Cobaltcoyote

Here is a picture of what LED light bleaching and burn looks like when I didn't move my lights up soon enough. (2 Mars hydro reflector 96 series). I thought at first it might have been calcium magnesium deficiencies. Some might say it's in the wrong category, but since you're one of the few running LED's, I figured I would share. She seems to love the lights no closer than 10-12 inches.

20160114 140412
Top Bottom