Sixstrings Led Cob Builds

• Thread starter sixstring
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1816 House

1816 House

I might still have 500' of 2- wire solid 18 ga plenum alarm wire also. Hi temp coating,:fire:
That's a much better choice, rather than oil/chemical resistant coating. Should stay in place better too without the curling, thanks.

sixstring

sixstring

I might still have 500' of 2- wire solid 18 ga plenum alarm wire also. Hi temp coating,:fire:
That's a much better choice, rather than oil/chemical resistant coating. Should stay in place better too without the curling, thanks.
yes thats the shit you want to use.i picked up appliance wire from grainger for the same reasons,love this shit haha
20170722 092458

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

yes thats the shit you want to use.i picked up appliance wire from grainger for the same reasons,love this shit haha
View attachment 722436

That's what I used... I used white for the negative side, black for the positive side, and yellow between the COBS in series. This was just to keep things straight so I didn't wire things backwards. COBs are too expensive to be blowing shit up };-)

1816 House

1816 House

Wow, just read thru The DIY COB thread, answered a bunch of questions and nice photos, lots of info there.
Found the wire, it's 16ga but no problem, just going to solder it on and snip 1 leg.
20170722 100249

And the aluminum rail is a pipe box, I'll use it Diamond Plate down to make flat surface contact with the heatsink. And it will look awesome and not collect heat . I just need 1"-2" lip for rigidity, 30-36 " long for a 2x4 tent.
20170722 100708

Last edited:
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

looks good, just keep in mind when you put this in your tent that you want to make sure you can raise the lights all the way to the ceiling of the tent. COBs make you plants really happy and will cause them to grow really big };-) My current grow, the plants have almost doubled in size in a short 2.5 weeks. I'm hoping they slow down a bit. after raising the lights lastnight, I only have about 8 inches of headroom ...

1816 House

1816 House

Yea, this tent is 5', The next is 6' for flower at least, or a dedicated corner build.
I have to get another Roleandro next week, or $260+ into a driver, 4 Vero29 COBs, & 4 heatsinks ..I don't have $260. The clones are coming due, so I can Veg them under clamp lights, put these into flower in the tent, then finish the Vero light , swap lights, and clones may have plywood walls for a couple weeks... Then just a tent and cheap booster fan for now.
Pressure! don't want to lose a Christmas cycle.

1816 House

1816 House

Piece cut and mockup on topside. The outer COBs may go over another inch or 2 for more light on the outer edge, plenty of light in the middle. Maybe red spectrum LED strips and dimmer later, plenty of room.
Not cutting the length till last... if I screw up a center hole I can move over.
Other than filing edges and polishing, that's it till the components are in front of me.
20170722 123407

20170722 123253

J

JustMeds

Six, here is a pic of my Kilimanjaro under my QB 4000k 2 board kit. Will be taking some clones from the girl in a week I think. The tent is looking nice also, got some auto's in it for the test run. The Northern lights did not like all the transplanting though.

IMG 20170722 115937
sixstring

sixstring

Insulation guy is coming friday yay :)
Finally i feel like i might actually grow weed in this money pit some day.
Last few sheets on the ceiling
20170730 190140

Took a quickie break up yonder.weather was awesome, lake Charlevoix was as warm as i ever felt.wish i was still there
20170731 202139

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Last few sheets on the ceiling
oh man, wish I had that sheetrock lift when I did my room down stairs... I did the wooden " T " to hold one side and then lift the other side.... while holding the one side with one hand, get a couple of screws in to hold it .... well, you get the picture, hanging sheetrock by yourself on the ceiling is no fun without a lift {:-(

sixstring

sixstring

holy crap, you're about as far way from Detroit as you can get without going into Canada
Yeah we have a place up there and try to spend alot of time there but this year it aint been workin so good.but we had 3 days away and now its back to work.the wifes already telling me she wants to go back this weekend,im like wtf woman its damn near Thursday now so you wanna go back up in 2 days?woulda left her there but she's my best trimmer lmao.

Top Bottom