So You Think You Want To Move To Alaska?

• Thread starter ArcticOrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I would have given it a run 25 years ago. But at my age I dont think I could handle it. Much respect for anyone that can survive up there......... Now lets grab our butter knives and do some gandy dancin. Dont forget the skeeter dope either...... Couldnt resit :D
My parents were finally done. They didnt want to struggle another winter and theres only so much i can do for them. Theyre down on 20 acres in FL now yhough and loving it.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Bring her sister too!
Well her she is..... We be there in a few dayz. Be ready to party and break out the little blue pills
2-jpg.559782

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I'd be willing to try
my other half on the other hand absolutely would not
That being said, vacations there are in the plans
My birthday is right around summer solstice and I've always wanted to go and party it up
Where's a good place to rent a four wheeler in Fairbanks?

Ill look into it for you pm me if i dont get back to you quick!

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I'd be willing to try
my other half on the other hand absolutely would not
That being said, vacations there are in the plans
My birthday is right around summer solstice and I've always wanted to go and party it up
Where's a good place to rent a four wheeler in Fairbanks?

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I love Ak...... i love the outdoors i love everything about AK except there MMJ laws they are stupid......

Lol i love it too, just tired of people coming up not liking it and trying to change things, Alaska is too small and too easily bought you know?

On a side note how you gonna bring my weakness south park to this. You know i gotta go watch a few seasons now!

akstoner

akstoner

Yeah everyone is all money hungry/power hungry and everyone wants the last piece of pie and don't care if they murder over it!! It really is sad.... im focusing on living in the boonies up towards Denali or Nenana i want a homestead!!!! That way LAW dont go around here savvy........ LMAO
Download

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Yeah everyone is all money hungry/power hungry and everyone wants the last piece of pie and don't care if they murder over it!! It really is sad.... im focusing on living in the boonies up towards Denali or Nenana i want a homestead!!!! That way LAW dont go around here savvy........ LMAO
View attachment 560560

Yeah i got a little spot between nenana and the banks. Good country.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok... I'm gonna make a confession. Everyone read up before I decide to delete it!

I ADORE the Alaska homesteading programs, especially Alaska: The Last Frontier. I also like Building Alaska, except some of the guys out there building seem kinda like jamokes who don't really know how to build in the first place. I also really like Life Below Zero, especially when they feature Agnes Hailstone, I love that woman and how she teaches her children so well.

I would dearly love to visit the state where my husband's people hail from. I know he spent a little bit of time up there, but hasn't been again. It would be, by far, the furthest north I've ever been. So far the furthest north I've been is... Ok, it's either DC or Seattle. I don't know which is further north.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Lol electric in southern cali is about .45 per kilowatt hr. Highest I've ever heard of. I run two lights with a total wattage of 1k at the most. Electric bill around 5-600

akstoner

akstoner

Ok... I'm gonna make a confession. Everyone read up before I decide to delete it!

I ADORE the Alaska homesteading programs, especially Alaska: The Last Frontier. I also like Building Alaska, except some of the guys out there building seem kinda like jamokes who don't really know how to build in the first place. I also really like Life Below Zero, especially when they feature Agnes Hailstone, I love that woman and how she teaches her children so well.

I would dearly love to visit the state where my husband's people hail from. I know he spent a little bit of time up there, but hasn't been again. It would be, by far, the furthest north I've ever been. So far the furthest north I've been is... Ok, it's either DC or Seattle. I don't know which is further north.

i like the Hailstones on that show and thats basically how i was raised in the banks.........i iss that life, life was good you have to hunt to survive and be on your toes to fix a problem..... the only problem im running into is the weather......smh....

More like 7 to be honest. But there also a mini fridge washer dryer heater ac etc...
for us to run 2 600w lights runs the house bill here in ak around 300-500 here with blower,fan etc..... i think we need solar or wind so the government cant get my money anymore lol and they will pay for it!!

sixstring

sixstring

I watch all those shows plus my fav which is yukon men.just watched about 5 hours of it last night lol.
I would do it,i spend alot of time in the north woods here off grid and my wife loves it to.idk if she could take the cold but i spend alot of time icefishing and i work outside so i know i would adjust if i went up there in the spring.def got respect for anyone loving there thats not in a big city like juno.the further north the more respect lol.

embaks

embaks

Favorite show..

Top Bottom