Strains With Double Serrated Leaves.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dc2559

dc2559

Yall need to be looking at skungs and dogs. Saying this I still think it was an afghani thing. Associated with roadkil smells. I havent read this whole post yet but will get back to you all. I have been following double serrated strains for a while and trying brink back double serrated putrid strains. There is a cinnection guys!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I would say 60-75% of the plants i have grown have some level of double serated leaves. Its a hybrid thing im pretty sure.

When this thread started 7 of 10 plants i had growing all different strains had them.

I read its an Afghan trait.

I've come to the belief that it's a trait passed down from high elevation Himalayan landrace varities. Afghani being the most common.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I've got a pheno of the Satsuma w/ double serrated margins-which supposedly came from the Cali-o strain bread into it.
I've also got Purple Urkle x Paki w/ double serrated margins as well.
The urkle has serrated margins but they're not as consistent.
Bodhis satsuma?I had the blood orange and I,v got half a pack o ae77 cali o x appollo11 that I was on the verge o popping but I was having some problems and I didn't wanna risk look in em just in case.savin em for once iv sorted everything out.

OjoDeMalo

OjoDeMalo

hola,
I've been trying to find out what is in this clone only I've been growing for the last two years. I was told it was the "original hippie biker MTF" and it smokes like like some MTF I had in Alaska in the late 80s.... but who knows for sure.

Does anyone know for sure where the double seration originated? I haven't got a female to show that trait yet.

OjoDeMalo

OjoDeMalo

here is pic of one of the heavily serrated leaves

I talked to a local long time grower about the double serrations and he reaffirmed what many have said before. For the picture of my plant : "Sativa dominant, but the double serration is from a northern Afghanistan / Himalayas and most likely a hybrid of cookies aka "skunk" or "cheese". The serrations tends (not always though) to be what happens when you cross an indica from Afghanistan and mix it with a cheese or a skunk and ends up being dominant . It's uncommon for that to happen to (the) whole leaf"
FWIW
This strain produces some seriously spacey flower. Silver shiny purple nugs. Almost no smell during the grow, unless you brush up against the plant. I'm on the 4th BX of the clone with a male RedEye's Tree Spirit. Still can't get the full leaf double serration, maybe the fith BX?

Moodytoody

Moodytoody

I work at a medical marijuana facility.... I have been told by the harvest supervisor that the double serrated leaves indicated stronger genetics in the phenotypes....in a 'sea of green' type of facility you see alot issues when one transplant is 50,000 plants.... When we run into high pest pressure or other environmental issues.... The plants with the double serrated leaves typically are visibly less effected, if at all. Specifically in the skunk hero strains, the double serrated leaves are the sweeter tasting ones.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I work at a medical marijuana facility.... I have been told by the harvest supervisor that the double serrated leaves indicated stronger genetics in the phenotypes....in a 'sea of green' type of facility you see alot issues when one transplant is 50,000 plants.... When we run into high pest pressure or other environmental issues.... The plants with the double serrated leaves typically are visibly less effected, if at all. Specifically in the skunk hero strains, the double serrated leaves are the sweeter tasting ones.

Matches my experience, albeit anecdotal. When I had PM it didnt infect my Platinum cookies with the sawtooth leaves at all, but it hit every other strain in the room hard.

Top Bottom