Tamisium Butane Extractors

• Thread starter BC_Bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

One thing nobody can argue with and that is, with the Tamisium you can do most of the work indoors, and hence in private. You need only do the final vent outside. I know how , for lack of a better word awkward it is to dump 3 cans of butane down a tube, in front of GOD and everybody.
Okay GOD will see you work in your kitchen, but the neighbors don't need to watch you.

Always one bonehead that is the exception to the rule, and in this case Moi. I never run either a Terpenator or a Lil Terp indoors, unless it is in one of our exhaust cabinets, because as a retired engineer, I've seen perfect mechanical things go wrong, go wrong, go wrong, go wrong.................

On both the Terpenators and the Lil Terp passive system, I've had to tighten valve packing, wipe down seals, and do minor tweaks to keep them sealed, and I've observed human error setting up extractors, which did or would have resulted in leaking butane to atmosphere. Never under estimate human error............

I've also had the pleasure of fondling a Tamisium 175, and note that it also uses orings, and ball valves with the same opportunities for failure, as well as check valves, which are notorious for weeping in industry.

Not dinigrating Tamisium, just stating that it is safer running them outdoors or in an exhaust cabinet.

Dr.b420

Dr.b420

either way this is just machined stainless steel and some ball valves. Some one please just make one for under 500
here you go look at the pics of mine and go to home depot and make one for 85 bucks its just a prototype i'm making one in
DSCN1347
to sell for way less than what they want

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

can we get this thread back alive? Im looking into getting a tamisium and and wondering whats up with their product now as well as skunkfarm and the lil terp. Greywolf where you at? Just wondering what everybody is doing with their units as far as time temp and anything else pertinent to using the tamisium. If you have exp with skunkfarm lil terp please chime in and let me know how it works. Im ready to drop 10k just trying to decide what is the safest and best machine to use. I will not be using pumps of any kind except in the vacuum oven so please dont bring up any active machines. Im not interested in hearing about it all.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

can we get this thread back alive? Im looking into getting a tamisium and and wondering whats up with their product now as well as skunkfarm and the lil terp. Greywolf where you at? Just wondering what everybody is doing with their units as far as time temp and anything else pertinent to using the tamisium. If you have exp with skunkfarm lil terp please chime in and let me know how it works. Im ready to drop 10k just trying to decide what is the safest and best machine to use. I will not be using pumps of any kind except in the vacuum oven so please dont bring up any active machines. Im not interested in hearing about it all.
Put the @ in front of @Graywolf

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

That's a major loss, he has dropped plenty of knowledge here.

Graywolf

Graywolf

You could assemble a fine passive extraction machine for $10K.

Not much to any of them, so if turned out of billet like the Tamisium, or assembled out of sanitary components, they both should work well, within the limitations of a passive system.

How much do you covet processing at a time?

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

Good to see you around Greywolf. You knowledge has been great use to me. Thank you for all the info on skunkfarm. That being said im looking to do about a # of material at a time. I like the tamisium design and simplicity. I was hoping maybe we can talk and see what kind of unit you were able to build and how much it would cost. If your interested in putting a passive system of the highest quality together for under 10k Id be interested to see what you come up with. Thank you for the prompt reply. A few things that bother me about the tamisium are the small material tube. The narrow mouth and small capture tank and the bottom is not removable for easier material access. If these are necessary then I understand. Im not and engineer you are. What are your thoughts. Safety is of the utmost importance.

Buzmit66

Buzmit66

I have a family member who needs tincture. So I need to learn how to extract so he can use his trim for tincture. The straight Simpson oil knocks him out. He ask me to learn how to extract so he make a tincture with low thc content. By the way. His numbers have dropped 200 points on his tests at the doctors since using tincture. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer a year ago. Anyways this is probably the wrong thread to post on. My question. Is this the unit to purchase. So he can have clean trim to make tincture.

germinator

germinator

I have a family member who needs tincture. So I need to learn how to extract so he can use his trim for tincture. The straight Simpson oil knocks him out. He ask me to learn how to extract so he make a tincture with low thc content. By the way. His numbers have dropped 200 points on his tests at the doctors since using tincture. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer a year ago. Anyways this is probably the wrong thread to post on. My question. Is this the unit to purchase. So he can have clean trim to make tincture.
Hey bro...check out skunkpharm research.com relevent and informative.

Latest posts

Top Bottom