Tamisium Butane Extractors

• Thread starter BC_Bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

I've got a question for owners of this unit. I've done two runs through the same material and looked at the leftovers that was in the column. I noticed that there were still glands, and possibly much material to be still extracted. I thought the butane would strip everything and that the stalks, head, etc would be washed into the bottom. It could be quite possible that I am doing something wrong... I break the buds into small pieces, pack the column tight, use cleaned steel wool at either end, tried blasting through and also a slow speed through the column, inverted the unit for 30 min, etc. Is this just the nature of the beast that you aren't going to collect the majority of what is put into the unit?

any thoughts would be appreciated :)

The stalks are left behind. Look for any remaining heads.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
that is so funny, cause that is what I'm using! :p

how long is it taking you to reclaim? I'm getting tired of waiting. Not sure if the 12 bucks savings in 2 bottles of butane is worth it.

How much oil you get off a packed chamber?

under an hour. I find that chilled tank and about 100 degree temps help. I have noticed it hits a point where I need to purge the receiving tank, and then it goes quick. if you are using cans to fill, you definitely will need to purge pressure or do a run empty to get rid of most of the other stuff. even with pure butane I find purging helps recovery.
around 13% using flowers broken up, but I'm still learning. I will do a second run with the same material too. because I'm not use to dealing with the oil, I make a bit of a mess. I am curious how guys transfer this gooey mess into those little jars for resale. I did order some everclear 190p online to use as a carrier solution. I'm also playing around with soaking the column for a period of time.

I am also getting a 5 gal bucket heater so I don't have to constantly warm my water.

I know it isn't advised in the manual, but I leave the unit all the time and do other things. my pressures never get over 25. so if you aren't tied to the machine, it makes things much easier. I plan on doing 2 runs a day once I get more butane.

I can say that if you don't use a carrier solution, the unit is a fucking pain

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
under an hour. I find that chilled tank and about 100 degree temps help. I have noticed it hits a point where I need to purge the receiving tank, and then it goes quick. if you are using cans to fill, you definitely will need to purge pressure or do a run empty to get rid of most of the other stuff. even with pure butane I find purging helps recovery.
around 13% using flowers broken up, but I'm still learning. I will do a second run with the same material too. because I'm not use to dealing with the oil, I make a bit of a mess. I am curious how guys transfer this gooey mess into those little jars for resale. I did order some everclear 190p online to use as a carrier solution. I'm also playing around with soaking the column for a period of time.

I am also getting a 5 gal bucket heater so I don't have to constantly warm my water.

I know it isn't advised in the manual, but I leave the unit all the time and do other things. my pressures never get over 25. so if you aren't tied to the machine, it makes things much easier. I plan on doing 2 runs a day once I get more butane.

I can say that if you don't use a carrier solution, the unit is a fucking pain

Man I left my shit for 2 hours and still didn't get all the butane from one to the other. Not even close. So you say you purge the RC, but aren't you losing butane that way? Is it not enough to matter? Here is what I got today:

View attachment 219301View attachment 219301View attachment 219301
P1017178

What is the pressure on your tank as you are reclaiming? your reclaim tank is in ice water, so you can purge, doing so slowly, and you shouldn't lose almost any butane as it will be liquid. you are purging pressure. I think you used cans, so you'll have to purge due to propane pressures.

that looks nice! i'll have to post some of mine although i haven't vac purged yet

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I was afraid when I was purging gas I was losing tane. You can see the fumes coming out. thansk for the heads up. I was keeping my RC tank in ice water and the catch basin in 100* water.

Is it worth the 12 bucks of tane and 1 hour though?

probably a negligible amount. so it sounds like you are doing things right on recovery.

what it seems a lot of people do is get most of it less 50ml to use as a transfer agent.

L

Lm605

Are there any Tamisium experts here in the LA area? Please contact me

The Hippy

The Hippy

probably a negligible amount. so it sounds like you are doing things right on recovery.

what it seems a lot of people do is get most of it less 50ml to use as a transfer agent.

Yes that's exactly what I do and works great....no carrier needed.
I swish some alcohol around the tank after pouring out the butane oil mixture. Then rub it around with my finger to clean out all the oil. Pour it in a little stainless sauce cup and wait til the alcohol dries off it in a few days...evaporates I should say....that's your bonus smoke.
I only pour out my butane oil mix in FRONT OF A VERY STRONG FAN....blowing direclty at the pyrex dish....no issues that way....careful careful careful though.
Recovering all the butane is the safest way....but a bitch to work with IMO

Graywolf

Graywolf

I designed the Lil Terp so that it was easier to clean than the Tamisium. Here is a picture of the first run on the first prototype with mixed trim. Here is a second picture of the Mk III Terpenator prototype underway, which also has a removable tank bottom, for ease of cleaning.

Lil Terp first run 1 1
Mk III mockup 1 1
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

Hey Graywolf, where can i buy the automatic terpenator? I recall you speaking of putting it in production. The Tami is a nice bit of kit, but the automated system you're working on looks mighty fine. I would love to 'kickstart' them by preordering.

S

stpnddg

One thing nobody can argue with and that is, with the Tamisium you can do most of the work indoors, and hence in private. You need only do the final vent outside. I know how , for lack of a better word awkward it is to dump 3 cans of butane down a tube, in front of GOD and everybody.
Okay GOD will see you work in your kitchen, but the neighbors don't need to watch you.

Top Bottom