Tamisium Butane Extractors

• Thread starter BC_Bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

Thanks Graywolf...would this same concept work to make one similar to the te700. Was thinking that class k fire extinguisher might work as a collection and storage vessel.

The principle is the same. I have generated up about 45 psi in our test sled, setting the collection pot in hot water at boiling and read that someone's Tamisium generated 55 psi.

I personally design to 3X of maximum operating pressure, so I am planning a 150 pound system for our next generation of pumped recovery. The weak link in my new system is the o-ring gaskets, but I will install a 150 psi rupture disc. I would use a simple pressure relief safety valve, but most pressure relief valves are not also rated for vacuum.

I looked at stainless fire extinguisher bodies, but didn't use it for a collection tank, because It would be hard to remove the oil from and clean.

I am also trying to stay with a short fat tank, so as to have the maximum surface area exposed to the heat and vacuum, to optomize boiling.

I didn't consider an extinguisher as a butane storage and recovery tank, because tanks made for fuel gas are so readily available and inexpensive. Since they will only have butane in them, they don't have to be stainless either.

Extinguishers are also made to hold moderate pressure, but are usually not heavy walled enough to allow pulling a hard vacuum on without collapsing them. There are some stainless pressure tanks available on line new and used that are heavy enough, but none of them offer good access for cleaning.

Because I haven't found the perfect lower collection vessel at a reasonable price, I am presently planning to make ours out of 304 SS 10" Schedule 10 pipe, with a 3/8" plate on the bottom and a 1/2" plate for the lid. I have had those prints out for bids, but if I found a stainless paint pressure pot at a reasonable price, I would use it in a heartbeat. Alas so far I have not.

Here are three new columns, with triclamp closures, destined for our next prototypes.

Carka Kay tubes 1
Graywolf

Graywolf

PS: I may have confused this thread some with my above inclusion of my thoughts and plans for both passive and pumped prototypes.

The passive systems that I designed are small, because I thought that might provide the most utility for the average patient and wanted to minimize costs.

Our larger pumped test sled is currently turning out about 50 grams of oil, from about 240 grams of mateial every 45 minutes and I believe the new system will reduce that process time by another 30% or so. For that reason, I haven't considered designing a larger passive system to process more volume.

J

Juzam

Graywolf,

Are you offering these pumped systems?

If so please PM me details.

Thank you.

cephalopod

cephalopod

Also interested here

If you are going to manufacture a few of these I also would be interested...

C

critical

I received one of the first models of the new 2 ounce design. Better than expected and I expected a lot. Dont know how they make them the way they do and can still afford to sell that at that price.
Have made over a dozen extractions on the same butane and have recovered 2165 gram tare on ever run.

The whole set up weighs 18 pounds. Recovery tank and Extractor column and tank. The column has almost a 1/2 inch thick wall. They said so that the butane will be heated more efficiently from the column when recovering. A lot of thought has gone into this new extractor. More that meets the eye.
Uses fast release clamps and screw on caps with oring seals.

2165 grams every run from just 2 ounces of plant material?!?!?! am i ment to believe this machine can turn 56 grams into 2165 grams of oil? no way man not possible that must be a type error or i havnt read the post properly but iether way i like the idea of this product

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
2165 grams every run from just 2 ounces of plant material?!?!?! am i ment to believe this machine can turn 56 grams into 2165 grams of oil? no way man not possible that must be a type error or i havnt read the post properly but iether way i like the idea of this product

fyi your reading that wrong, that is the amount of butane being recovered.

watch the vids on youtube or read the directions.

C

critical

how can this machine extract more grams of oil than the amount of grams of plant material used? its crazy? impossible? how can it multiply the grams of exraction by 38.66071 when you are meant to get an average of 10% bho out of how ever much plant matter used as a rule of thumb????? it should divide the amount not multiply????

can any1 clear up for me how on earth this is possible please?

C

critical

fyi your reading that wrong, that is the amount of butane being recovered.

watch the vids on youtube or read the directions.

ohhhhhh, ok sorry, i have no sound at mo on pc so i couldnt get much from the vids, so what is the turnover and quality of the bho then from 1 of the 2 ounce capacity machines?

J

jw214

These looks like the purest way to go, along with vacuum chamber and pump of course..

got a question regarding the butane tanks. Airgas was flakey so I'm going with Praxair. They don't sell their tanks which means I have to rent it. Could I just transfer the butane from their tank to a similar sized propane tank? Not sure my propane tank has a siphon tube, so if the transfer was doable, would i simply turn the tank upside down when I had to refill my tamisium tank? any thoughts would be appreciated

M

madamlash

PS: I may have confused this thread some with my above inclusion of my thoughts and plans for both passive and pumped prototypes.

The passive systems that I designed are small, because I thought that might provide the most utility for the average patient and wanted to minimize costs.

Our larger pumped test sled is currently turning out about 50 grams of oil, from about 240 grams of mateial every 45 minutes and I believe the new system will reduce that process time by another 30% or so. For that reason, I haven't considered designing a larger passive system to process more volume.

Please contact me if you might offer a system.

I've got a question for owners of this unit. I've done two runs through the same material and looked at the leftovers that was in the column. I noticed that there were still glands, and possibly much material to be still extracted. I thought the butane would strip everything and that the stalks, head, etc would be washed into the bottom. It could be quite possible that I am doing something wrong... I break the buds into small pieces, pack the column tight, use cleaned steel wool at either end, tried blasting through and also a slow speed through the column, inverted the unit for 30 min, etc. Is this just the nature of the beast that you aren't going to collect the majority of what is put into the unit?

any thoughts would be appreciated :)

djstiks

djstiks

ohhhhhh, ok sorry, i have no sound at mo on pc so i couldnt get much from the vids, so what is the turnover and quality of the bho then from 1 of the 2 ounce capacity machines?
x2.... anyone with pics of final product from this apparatus???

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
BUMP>

Anyone using this with good results. I just got mine in and need a tutorial.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
its all assembled. I read the manual like 6 times. I will make an attempt tonight with some oregano.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
thought it was dumb that in the picture, they show the teflon fill attachment on the fill chamber, but then tell you to switch it and put it on the recovery tank, so you can fill the recovery tank first, then connect the recovery tank to the fill chamber to push the butane through down to the collection chamber. .

LOL... why not use the real thing? it is easy to use, I'm just feeling like it isn't extracting enough. I'm about 13% but that is with multiple runs and I'm using flowers, not trim. When I scope the packed material, just seems like I could be getting more. I flip and soak, etc. but I'm only on my 4th run

Latest posts

Top Bottom