Tangerine power and sinmint cookies are unstable

• Thread starter bongobongo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Just to let everyone know I'm now lookin at the 3rd hermie plant potentially (tangerine power female in veg showing pistils).

Here is the letter I wrote to them.

Ok, usually I wouldn't take the time. But since you threw a card in my bag at HTCC saying you would "stand by your product" and all that.

I've had nothing but issues with your seeds and after finding you guys and being excited about a new breeding company that seemed on the game..
I'm pretty upset.

Lets first, as I'm sure you know.. The problems that come with finding a hermie in week 2 of flower. Or in the tangerine powers case.. The first week...

Planting multiples.. Selecting the females and placing them in my weekly 8/week grow and then having to rip them out once they show balls. So as of now.. In 1 month i have 2
Missing spaces in my 72 plant flower room. Which are valued at 1,000 bucks apiece as I rarely go under 4 oz's a plant and charge a reasonable 10/gram to my patients... Which I tip on 100 active people at any givin time. Then taking clones and filling spaces in my grow with what appears to be dominant females as I flip them into flower. Then having to rip them up and replace them
With stable genetics.

So my time and trouble I hardly think your responsible for, but that is a elementary system for people adding new genetics to legal grows.

But the 90$\pack of these seeds I have to buy.. Is good money, yes I know nothing in comparison to what I can make off of the female
I keep, but I think two different strains and two different hermaphrodites is enough to be somewhat fed up. Especially as I sit here I have your: power nap, alien nightmare, white nightmare, more tangerine power "females", Las Vegas bubba kush, night fire og, sins og, jefe kush, blue power. I have nearly your whole lineup. Nearly a couple thousand in ten packs. And I'm honestly considering trashing everything and starting something I know isn't unstable as fuck.

So, basically.. Every sin mint cookies I've grown has hermed, and every tangerine power I've had is now on the "watch"
For herm.

I'd expect a little more from a group
Of breeders. And looking at your samples at the high times cup it's depressing to see your great stuff and know I'm most likely never going to see that again. I look like an amateur to my
Patients trying
To explain to someone what a hermaphroditic plant is, they look at me like I'm the problem. Hardly in the future will I even mention I have new strains coming up. Not worth the millions of questions and "when is it ready" I hear daily.

Anyway. I don't expect anything, but...grow
A 50 pack of those seeds you push to the public and see if you get
Some keepers. Maybe before throwing a price on them. As of now i will NOT be growing anymore of your product unless I have some Saving grace in the other 6 strains I got in my run with the sin city logo.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Really the biggest question... Sin city couldn't take ten seeds and plant them then flip to flower to double check their retail lot? Maybe woulda took a month or so.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

They did.

Pics or you're a troll trolling for free seeds. If I were a breeder id ask for pack pics, grow pics, and properly done herb just to prove it's the plant and not the environment
The whole 2 spaces outta 72 thing makes you sound full of shit... No disrespect meant, tie down some branches from surrounding and full the spot... Done... Lol. Live an learn w seeds. But too many hacks to just believe an extensive email, people who are truely pissed just say fuck em, too... Why complain about time lost to just get more product from said people? Makes no sense. If it's for info of others then post up some pics and show!

Canappa

Canappa

Just to let everyone know I'm now lookin at the 3rd hermie plant potentially (tangerine power female in veg showing pistils).

Here is the letter I wrote to them.

Ok, usually I wouldn't take the time. But since you threw a card in my bag at HTCC saying you would "stand by your product" and all that.

I've had nothing but issues with your seeds and after finding you guys and being excited about a new breeding company that seemed on the game..
I'm pretty upset.

Lets first, as I'm sure you know.. The problems that come with finding a hermie in week 2 of flower. Or in the tangerine powers case.. The first week...

Planting multiples.. Selecting the females and placing them in my weekly 8/week grow and then having to rip them out once they show balls. So as of now.. In 1 month i have 2
Missing spaces in my 72 plant flower room. Which are valued at 1,000 bucks apiece as I rarely go under 4 oz's a plant and charge a reasonable 10/gram to my patients... Which I tip on 100 active people at any givin time. Then taking clones and filling spaces in my grow with what appears to be dominant females as I flip them into flower. Then having to rip them up and replace them
With stable genetics.

So my time and trouble I hardly think your responsible for, but that is a elementary system for people adding new genetics to legal grows.

But the 90$\pack of these seeds I have to buy.. Is good money, yes I know nothing in comparison to what I can make off of the female
I keep, but I think two different strains and two different hermaphrodites is enough to be somewhat fed up. Especially as I sit here I have your: power nap, alien nightmare, white nightmare, more tangerine power "females", Las Vegas bubba kush, night fire og, sins og, jefe kush, blue power. I have nearly your whole lineup. Nearly a couple thousand in ten packs. And I'm honestly considering trashing everything and starting something I know isn't unstable as fuck.

So, basically.. Every sin mint cookies I've grown has hermed, and every tangerine power I've had is now on the "watch"
For herm.

I'd expect a little more from a group
Of breeders. And looking at your samples at the high times cup it's depressing to see your great stuff and know I'm most likely never going to see that again. I look like an amateur to my
Patients trying
To explain to someone what a hermaphroditic plant is, they look at me like I'm the problem. Hardly in the future will I even mention I have new strains coming up. Not worth the millions of questions and "when is it ready" I hear daily.

Anyway. I don't expect anything, but...grow
A 50 pack of those seeds you push to the public and see if you get
Some keepers. Maybe before throwing a price on them. As of now i will NOT be growing anymore of your product unless I have some Saving grace in the other 6 strains I got in my run with the sin city logo.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Well I have benn running the SMC for the past year different both times I ran the Tangerine and the Sinmint Cookies, but why out of 3 packs I never had and issue? I do know this that she is a very sensitive girl light on nutes and lighting. Sorry for your loss bro but many people are running it without problems? Try getting and cut from someone and grow it yourself and see what happens would be my advise...

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
The first pic is a TP a week in turnin male, the second is the pistils it was showing... Which were great..the shot taken is just proving to you I had to cut one out and do exactly what you said and scrogged it over and the pic on the ground is the sin mint lookin great.

The fact of the matter is... I don't have this with other seed companies... Why should sin city be throwing up so many strikes... Excuses are like assholes.. And they won't get my money

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
The one that looks female and has pistils was a before picture of the tangerine power that hermed on me... So a look at before and after... They show strong and then switch

Canappa

Canappa

Whats done is done and cant be redone:( The fact of the matter is that it was too early to pull IMO and I can grow some true fire and give you a clone does not mean that your are also going to have the same results as I did IMO there are many things to consider on this subject I have just given you a few of my thoughts. Take any which way you can but dont slam a seed co based on your bad experience. Peace bro I wish you luck on your future grows ;)

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I don't think it was too early I pull IMO... And in a legal marke where this is legal and a new industry is being laid the only thing to help people is constructive critisicism. I'm not bashing, I'm mad because
Of two different strains that were hermies. I'm sorry but I have no other problems with any other genetics

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

What I don't understand is why you hedged your bets on something you had not taken through a complete run. Maybe I'm a bit different on the way I treat seeds. I sex them, then take cuts and run the original through flower. If I have an issue with a particular female, I get rid of those cuts. I keep one cut as a mom and then run the other cuts through flower again. I then pick which pheno I want.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
First off let me start by apologizing for the instability of the seeds you have popped...

When working with such strains as OG's, Diesels, Cookies and Exotic Sativas their are higher chances of hermaphroditism as the mother carries over the gene.

When purchasing seeds one must take into account these factors before relaying on untested phenos for production.

That being said we still stand by all our gear 100% and gladly offer replacements to ensure our customers satisfaction!

We thank you for your support and want you to be happy... Please choose any two packs from our line as replacements and we will get them to asap!

Again sorry for the issues,
SCS

That's there letter, I'm glad they handled it professionally. So I'm not entirely pissed

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

...so pics of the first three runs of straight hermie phenos right?

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
And from what I read
On the farm sin mints are unstable to where sin city is discontinuing. Which is good.. And now tangerine power is getting some heat. Messing with "exotic" genetics causes more problems... I know a couple good breeders on here and they don't have any problem crossing GSC or others. I'm sorry but these two strains make it hard for me to want to throw the rest In the ground... Pain in my ass

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Yes, here. Here are more pix of the current tangerine power that I'm just letting chill in my room waiting to seed everything. Tell me it's not a herm, please....

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I'm a bit confused. You've run this pheno 3 times and this is the first time it hermied on you? Or it's hermied all three times?

Latest posts

Top Bottom