• Start date
  • Tagged users None
bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I've ran sin mint once from seed, after planting 10, they were these little
White ones. I had 6 makes 3 didn't take and the one keeper hermies
On week 2. Run 1
I'd consider. Trashed it because it threw balls (I trashed clones and all)

I've ran tangerine power and have had 2
Keeper females now. The first of
Which I noticed is throwing balls.. (Run n2)Which I can take pics of..
Or trying to but I feel the need
To defend myself right now which is wierd...

And now I have a second that will be flipped (potential run 3 to be trashed but I will let it go until flower)

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Tangerine power that had great pistils and Calyxes

S

ssteely71

Show us a pic of one of your " rarely go under 4oz" plants please or it's all BS.

S

ssteely71

OK I guess............lol ............., I just grew out a couple of very nice SCS Galactic Jacks from seed with no issue and yours is first thread I've seen bashing them.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I don't remember sayin galactic jack was having problems...

I don't see why I made the fan boys come out.. I have 6 different SCS in veg looking to hit flower eventually.

It's just the point being who likes seeing hermies on every plant tht is Tp or SMC.. I'd love to find a keeper. Just irritating and people should know so they can watch out

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
I don't remember sayin galactic jack was having problems...

I don't see why I made the fan boys come out.. I have 6 different SCS in veg looking to hit flower eventually.

It's just the point being who likes seeing hermies on every plant tht is Tp or SMC.. I'd love to find a keeper. Just irritating and people should know so they can watch out
thats what happens when people havent gone through this themselves. I know what you mean. every single Sin Mint regular bean hermed on me other than a couple of males. a couple of us on here have had the same experience with the Sin Mints. I can verify that but can also verify that SCS has some dank in the blue power f2s and aliens on moonshine, and many more that don't herm. Truth be told is many different seed companies are experiencing hermies with the Forum GSC, which might be expected in a bag seed. Shit is dank but hermie prone. I hit the forum cut with a couple of good males and their offspring hermed on me, and that same male hit my other cuts and they were perfectly fine. Best of luck to you on the pheno searching

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
The fact is maybe a ten pack thrown in the ground and ten checked gave sin city a miracle showing of it's primo phenos.... But I have yet to see someone not have problems with SMC except a couple blessed pharm ers who seemed I have gotten cuts or a first run of seeds, who the fuck knows. And I honestly see the same shit with TP. It's nearly identical in how dominant female it was then the pistils died up and out came a ball

urban1026835

urban1026835

Well I have benn running the SMC for the past year different both times I ran the Tangerine and the Sinmint Cookies, but why out of 3 packs I never had and issue? I do know this that she is a very sensitive girl light on nutes and lighting. Sorry for your loss bro but many people are running it without problems? Try getting and cut from someone and grow it yourself and see what happens would be my advise...

Many may be running it with no problems but I am pretty active on the forums and would say that of those actual growers I know who popped a pack or more (not just a single and got lucky) the GREAT majority of those have had problems with the gear.

Most of the positives I have seen were from testers or people who had a great experiences with a single seed type purchase.

That being said that a couple of these growers did weed through the sausage party to find a keeper that didn't carry over the herm trait and are very happy with the bud from That plant.

Still I shouldn't have to worry about that kind of thing when paying on the high end for seeds in a VERY competitive market.

Myco

Myco

Well, just like what SCS said to you, you should NEVER, under any circumstances count on unselected phenos when it comes to production. That's just asking for disappointment. I don't care what breeder it is...

Sucks, but that's just the way it goes.

And I think the reason why you got flamed was the tone and how you portrayed yourself in your email to SCS.

"I look like an amateur to my
Patients trying
To explain to someone what a hermaphroditic plant is, they look at me like I'm the problem. Hardly in the future will I even mention I have new strains coming up. Not worth the millions of questions and "when is it ready" I hear daily."

It's only an "amateur" that would tell a patient that they have "new strains coming up" when in fact all you have are a handful of random phenos, of which you have little idea of exactly how they will turn out. And even explaining this bit to SCS is just utter nonsense IMO. The number talk as well... goes back to my first sentence.

I don't mean to degrade you, but the email you sent to SCS is out of line and shows a lack of respect... regardless of how you feel about your experience with their product, it's just no way to go about it. And your tone and the way you portray yourself is just so out of wack with what a respectful, honest grower should see as proper etiquette.

Last but not least, let me get this straight. You have a 72 plant garden, of which you say you pull an average of 4oz per plant. So you have an operation in which you expect 288 oz, and you're seriously emailing a seed company bitching that the plants from their seed are going to cause you some sort of huge financial burden, because you sell each gram at $10 and have 100 people waiting... Come on man.

I also grow for production, but I do also grow some plants from seed, because I like to unlock a potential trove of various phenos from fine genetics to choose from... it's a journey in it's own. I know what risks I take when I take up space in my main flower room with plants from seed, and if something isn't right, I pull it, don't look back, and keep my eyes peeled for the next amazing gem to show itself in my garden. It's what popping seeds and being a seed junky is all about.

I have somewhere between $5-10k in seeds... (I don't know, I don't keep track - because being an avid seed popper isn't about tracking the financial investment and potential loss)... and some people have much more than that in their vaults. And just for a crude example... if I only find 5-10 amazing keepers to that will forever stay in my garden, every penny is worth it - and every backup clone from every plant that I didn't keep will end up in the trash. The flowers produced from those plants will be anywhere from shit to amazing... some will be sold to patients, some will be blasted into BHO, some will simply be thrown away. It's just the way it goes.

I feel you on being frustrated with hermies, I really do... But number one, growing fem seeds is a risk in it's own and must be taken with caution. Growing seed from GSC progeny must also be taken with caution. I think the next time this happens you need to address the situation much differently, otherwise you just portray yourself as an amateur trying to get free seeds. That's not my opinion, it's just the culture of this amazing community at large.

I really don't mean to flame you, just calling it as I see it and saying what is on the tip of the iceberg of everyone elses' minds. The only reason I even put any effort into this post at all is because I'm tired of seeing posts like this... and although I may be making a bit of an example out of you, which I apologize for, I'm hoping it at least maybe detours another grower from acting out the same way. So for that, I mean no disrespect. Good luck to you in your future endeavors. Good vibes and happy gardening.

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

Ve
Well, just like what SCS said to you, you should NEVER, under any circumstances count on unselected phenos when it comes to production. That's just asking for disappointment. I don't care what breeder it is...

Sucks, but that's just the way it goes.

And I think the reason why you got flamed was the tone and how you portrayed yourself in your email to SCS.

It's only an "amateur" that would tell a patient that they have "new strains coming up" when in fact all you have are a handful of random phenos, of which you have little idea of exactly how they will turn out. And even explaining this bit to SCS is just utter nonsense IMO. The number talk as well... goes back to my first sentence.

I don't mean to degrade you, but the email you sent to SCS is out of line and shows a lack of respect... regardless of how you feel about your experience with their product, it's just no way to go about it. And your tone and the way you portray yourself is just so out of wack with what a respectful, honest grower should see as proper etiquette.

Last but not least, let me get this straight. You have a 72 plant garden, of which you say you pull an average of 4oz per plant. So you have an operation in which you expect 288 oz, and you're seriously emailing a seed company bitching that the plants from their seed are going to cause you some sort of huge financial burden, because you sell each gram at $10 and have 100 people waiting... Come on man.

I also grow for production, but I do also grow some plants from seed, because I like to unlock a potential trove of various phenos from fine genetics to choose from... it's a journey in it's own. I know what risks I take when I take up space in my main flower room with plants from seed, and if something isn't right, I pull it, don't look back, and keep my eyes peeled for the next amazing gem to show itself in my garden. It's what popping seeds and being a seed junky is all about.

I have somewhere between $5-10k in seeds... (I don't know, I don't keep track - because being an avid seed popper isn't about tracking the financial investment and potential loss)... and some people have much more than that in their vaults. And just for a crude example... if I only find 5-10 amazing keepers to that will forever stay in my garden, every penny is worth it - and every backup clone from every plant that I didn't keep will end up in the trash. The flowers produced from those plants will be anywhere from shit to amazing... some will be sold to patients, some will be blasted into BHO, some will simply be thrown away. It's just the way it goes.

I feel you on being frustrated with hermies, I really do... But number one, growing fem seeds is a risk in it's own and must be taken with caution. Growing seed from GSC progeny must also be taken with caution. I think the next time this happens you need to address the situation much differently, otherwise you just portray yourself as an amateur trying to get free seeds. That's not my opinion, it's just the culture of this amazing community at large.

I really don't mean to flame you, just calling it as I see it and saying what is on the tip of the iceberg of everyone elses' minds. The only reason I even put any effort into this post at all is because I'm tired of seeing posts like this... and although I may be making a bit of an example out of you, which I apologize for, I'm hoping it at least maybe detours another grower from acting out the same way. So for that, I mean no disrespect. Good luck to you in your future endeavors. Good vibes and happy gardening.
Very well said!

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Cool myco, thanks for sitting there and bashing me in long drawn out post. When you don't know me or what I do, I'm so sick of the bullshit that comes with trying to find genetics it's suprising I didn't blow up even more! I should have sat and ranted and raved at sin city for selling me garbage and releasing a line that would only yield maybe a handful of keepers. After giving thousands to sin city alone! Your reading my numbers and asking me to stop counting pennies when these popular seed banks are raping us for "quality genetics".

I'm sorry myco but the fact you sit there and think I'm the problem is rediulous.

Sorry I wasn't aware "regular" seeds would yield a time consuming hermaphrodite problem. And that apparently there is some fine print stating GSc crosses herm all the time. This just shows poor breeding. And how fucked the marijuana market still is. I guess real businesses will come out when the scene is done being so young.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I don't know why I'm getting so many pulling to early opinions.. How much longer into flower would you like to verify it's a male? 3 weeks? 4 weeks? Once I start seeing yellow from opening pods? I pull them because in flower they are shooting male balls left and right. If it's anything less then a female that looks decent I take it out of my garden.

It's sad to think that buying quality seeds from a quality breeder is just a "handful
Of phenotypes". I should be getting what I paid for... Which is that strain.. In male or female... In a variety of phenotypes that are related to the advertised genetic

Latest posts

Top Bottom