Tangerine power and sinmint cookies are unstable

• Thread starter bongobongo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Bro i hope you don't give up on seeds.my feet have been in your shoes and I know exactly what you are going through.juggling production with pheno hunting is a tough thing.i learned alot from it.throw in a breeding tent on top of it and there I am.lol.look on the bright side.you were capable enough to catch those fuckers before it ruined your whole garden and you took the ultimate loss @bongobongo.garden on, and there are a few good points by people here as well if you can look past the tone.lol.i will tell you and everyone, there will be herms in cookiesncreme, it's half cookies for Christ sake.lol.and technically, sin mints is an f1 hybrid not a strain

Last edited:
bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I know I must sound like some kind of raving lunatic, the email
To sin city was out of line, but they didn't seem to be bothered. As I'm sure they've heard worse.

The bottom dollar is that I'd rather have had the knowledge that the seeds were unstable before. And I learned valuable lessons like never putting in a new female without having one to swap it out if/when it herms. And countlesss others like everything to do with growing EVER it seems.... Fuck

S

ssteely71

Some of us buy seeds for the " selection" we get from buying F1 seeds. We enjoy the pheno hunt. I have found a keeper in every seed pack I've ever popped so far.
SCS gives good deals on seeds. If you spent thousands on seeds just with them alone you got ripped at $90 a pack .It happens. If I get a herm I blame myself not the breeder , at best I blame the seed. If a whole batch blew out on me I seriously doubt I'd ask for replacements ! Sorry for your loss. Sure it wasn't the root aphids in your garden and your treatment that hermed your girls ?? Because. No offense meant. Your plants look trashed pretty good in your 4/9 thread on your RAs. Just saying........

Last edited:
bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
It wasn't RA... Like was stated.... And every pack of SCs is 90 a pack on here.. Wasnt aware that was a rip off...

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
And I never treated anything, and just like I thought and stated in the thread it was overwatered plants getting a heavy feed... Toasted 32 plants to just about trash :/. They fine now though

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
And after seeing the card that sin city was handing out saying their genetics were "the best" and any problem would be fixed they dug their own grave

Anyway I'm
Done defending myself to all the half baked nit picking... It's like by the time some of you read what's written, it changes in your head by the time you type it.

No offense

S

ssteely71

I'm just stabbing at you because I felt you were being unfair to SCS. I won't comment about what you paid. I pay wholesale when I buy seeds. Best of luck to you and your garden.

squiggly

squiggly

I don't know why I'm getting so many pulling to early opinions.. How much longer into flower would you like to verify it's a male? 3 weeks? 4 weeks? Once I start seeing yellow from opening pods? I pull them because in flower they are shooting male balls left and right. If it's anything less then a female that looks decent I take it out of my garden.

It's sad to think that buying quality seeds from a quality breeder is just a "handful
Of phenotypes". I should be getting what I paid for... Which is that strain.. In male or female... In a variety of phenotypes that are related to the advertised genetic

I think the bigger issue is that you're just taking this militant stance. People are actually trying to help you despite your sounding like what you correctly define as a "raving lunatic". Rather than take possibly helpful criticism and remarks in stride--you reply defensively and act as though god has given you a fool proof green thumb. That you are better than the rest of us and never make a mistake. If you're growing multiple strains in the same room and have never experienced this problem--you're lucky. Different strains will herm under different conditions, especially sensitive ones.

It looks to me like Sin did the right thing and stood behind their product like they said they would. If you're not interested in anyone else's suggestions, I'm not exactly sure why you're still even replying to this thread. Are we supposed to just all high five you and thank you for handling the situation incorrectly from the start?

Get real dude.

Like I said, you're pulling them too early. The truth is that most early balls you see can easily be pinched off and you're unlikely to ever see them pop back up if you're doing everything right. If you don't know some strains like to be handled differently and are more prone to herm, I question how experienced and perfect you really are.

I might sound like I'm being a dick right now, but I'm just here to let you know what the rest of us are thinking. If you want to participate in an extremely helpful community, maybe don't shoot down everyone who has something to say with borderline insults and passive aggressiveness. You'll get a lot further. I promise.

S

ssteely71

SinCitySeedsGalacticJack grown by a noob. Pure lime dank.... Image

squiggly

squiggly

A

Anyway I'm
Done defending myself to all the half baked nit picking...

And there's the problem right there.

No one has attacked you since you backed down from your improper handling of the initial situation (emailing the company and putting this out here for everyone to see in an attempt to smear their name before you even gave them a chance to handle it with you personally--you know, professionally)

So I'm not sure what you're "defending" against.

It's okay to be wrong.

It's not embarrassing to be wrong.

Being wrong is nothing but an opportunity to be right next time.

Stop defending yourself when attacks aren't flying your way, that's a sign of extreme weakness and is many times more embarrassing then potentially figuring out an issue with the help of hundreds of years of combined growing experience.

squiggly

squiggly

...and to be clear, I'm not now nor have I ever grown anything from Sin--nor do I plan to in the future. I just think you're being a dickface--and it's pretty clear that you're the only person who doesn't.

Generally speaking if you're the only person in the room who's thinking something different than everyone else, you're the one who's fucking up. Not always the case, but most of the time it is.

Again, I'm not trying to be a penis here--but pick up on the hint dude. Snarkiness and passive aggressiveness will get you no where. Not here, not in life, not anywhere. Grow up.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

I have a personal line ive been playing with and it will throw sacks in 30 percent of the gals during presex/first 2-3weeks in but its ONLY at the presex sites and on the lower end, everything above is fem presex. Pop off them balls and they wont come back most of the time. The areas you wanna watch for full/true hermi would be the flower sites, thrn she gotta go!

Btw he said you got ripped for 90$ causr u bought over a stack worth so u should of requested or bought to their attention that a deal was in order!

SpiderK

SpiderK

so we have now entered a time that hermies are expected on some gear being purchased ? and should just be plucked off well isn't that interesting. :bag:

lets just forget testing and selection & ....., screw the males and females thingy just S5/25 everything infest the genetic lanscape with hermies. wifi been tossing hermies for years in grow logs across all forums and its a breeding tool / " elite " now, lol, ya i guess we have entered the twilight zone ..

& people are worried about monsanto' ? :eek:

Last edited:
J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Its unnecessary and inappropriate to add fuel to the flame. Bongo is heated but showing class when people question his environment like they did w the other breeder who isn't here anymore. Its an obvious problem w many people who reported the same. Were here as a community to help eachother w good advice st the end of the day this can be seen as a learning experience that will help you in future keeper hunts. Keep on bringing the dank Bongo .

PS I would definitely take them up on their offer and snag two packs of blue power FTW

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

so we have now entered a time that hermies are expected on some gear being purchased ? and should just be plucked off well isn't that interesting. :bag:

lets just forget testing and selection & ....., screw the males and females thingy just S5/25 everything infest the genetic lanscape with hermies. wifi been tossing hermies for years in grow logs across all forums and its a breeding tool / " elite " now, lol, ya i guess we have entered the twilight zone ..

& people are worried about monsanto' ? :eek:
Learn about breeding and read what you're saying again. If you fem shit you will get fems or herms. Doesn't matter how far you take anything dude. Don't act like its a law that you buy their seeds, anybody can do whatever the hell they want. If your sole interest is every single pheno you pop to be true get true bred beans and sort through males females and herms. If all you care about is testing get some ducking f9 buju junk. Seed pops are a risk on all fronts, from even sourcing to popping to planting and cropping. These are YOUR risks. Not the breeder.

God I'm glad some of you guys weren't around for the peak of elites days and rez's days. You think cookies spits nanners hahaha try some sour Chemdog D and shit. Nature of the plant, nature of the game.

Wifi became elite cause it's dank. Raskal never said there wouldn't be hermies, in fact he said there would be cause he is honest.

Putting your own grow and choices on a company you chose is not their fault but your own. You can scour any company and find bad reports, remember most people tend to complain when they're pissed not happy.

Entertaining the whole Monsanto comment would just make everyone 'dumber'. Lol

That 'SELECTION' you speak of, is what YOU do, the breeders selection is irrelevant, show me the last breeder that showed you their selection process, they don't they just show you the selecte one for bean production, and that's if you're lucky.

Top Bottom