The Charts--Helpful charts for making nutrient deficiency diagnoses

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Herbalstart

Hello my stems are slitly turning purple on the top side can anyone help ? Am I over watering them

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Hello, Is this a potassium or a calcium problem? Only my second plant I have grown. Need help.

20150917 172016
20150917 172032
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's kind of difficult to really say by those pix. Could be P-, could be K-, can't tell about Ca-. You might want to start a thread in the infirmary. Then again, I see burned tips, so those could be toxicities. Hrm.

greenthumb

greenthumb

What causes toxicities in the plants? I had burned tips too last time I grew.

Junk

Junk

Something that isn't addressed on the charts. Leaf count degradation. I have a few plants that recently went backwards on me. What I mean by leaf count degradation is going from a 7 count leaf to the new growth leaves having less and less. I've searched here on the farm and on google as well and can't find anything.

I know it has to do with plant health. I also know that a revegged plant will do this. But why would a plant do this if the leaves all look super healthy and the cutting was not taken from a flowering plant?

Is it possible it was taken from a plant that WAS transitioning to flower, & you just didn't know it? You can find out in short order if you keep it under 18/6. Once it roots it will go nuts.

But I have plants flowering now for, I dunno, 27 days or so. I could go in & get a cut from it (& probably will) that someone else may not recognize as flowering....

I think you, me, & Seamaiden all agree, the light period is the most obvious answer. From the sound of it (& having done it many times now) it sounds like a clone that is trying to reveg.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Is it possible it was taken from a plant that WAS transitioning to flower, & you just didn't know it? You can find out in short order if you keep it under 18/6. Once it roots it will go nuts.

But I have plants flowering now for, I dunno, 27 days or so. I could go in & get a cut from it (& probably will) that someone else may not recognize as flowering....

I think you, me, & Seamaiden all agree, the light period is the most obvious answer. From the sound of it (& having done it many times now) it sounds like a clone that is trying to reveg.
It wound up being a stress issue. I checked my runoff and it was STUPID high. Flushed everything real good and Voila!

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

I want to thank all you for helping me out with my plant. She looks better today. She's gonna make it.:) Peace Out.

Junk

Junk

Using too much fertilizer. Basically over-loving them.

I've personally never found too much loving to be toxic ;)

With many things there is root cause (npi) The initial problem that sets all the other problems into motion. For example drug use, crime, low school performance, domestic violence, broken homes, property values...

All those things are not necessarily correlated, but they are all related to Poverty. You want to drastically lower those numbers? You drastically reduce Poverty. It's a upside down pyramid, & poverty is the point. Remove that point, the rest falls. That has been proven.

That's why Tupac was such a genius, a bonafide genius. Drug dealers do what they do, because they feel like they have to do it. Most live in an area, or have a background as such that other jobs with good pay are unattainable. I believe it's something like 70% of people born into poverty in America, will never make it out. Most don't have, what they consider to be, better options. So they sell drugs. Which in it's base form, (again npi) is investing. I invest $1,000, I work a little, I make $3,000. The act itself is quite ambitious. It's the effect on the communities that is bad.

But going back to the pyramid. The govt sees all the harm drugs are doing to the community, so what do they do?

The War on Drugs. Which by in large, heavily penalizes dealers, & on a smaller scale, penalizes users (in comparison) They figure, if you have no one selling it, you will stop the supply/demand chain. This is idiocy. You will never stop that.

Back to the pyramid....if you really wanted to decrease drug problems, instead of a war on drugs...(look again, paragraph 3) What would be the smarter, cheaper, more effective, more helpful, & broader scope solution?

Tupac: Instead of war on Poverty, they got a war on Drugs so the police can bother me. And I ain’t never did a crime I ain’t have to do.

For any faults you attribute to him, he was a smart man.

Back on topic, the root cause, from what I've observed with newbies, the point on that pyramid, is lack of patience. They over water, they over feed, they pick off leaves. If the plants could, they would break up with you, because you are just too "on them" all the time. You can't hear them, but your plants are like, "Oh my God, it's him/her again!" You are like the bf/gf that calls 20 times a day. They have their own life you know ;)

But remove that point in the pyramid, & most of your newbie problems would be solved. Learn to be patient. If things are going good, don't change it! Water with the weight test, feed minimally, in my opinion don't go picking numerous leaves off. Your plant is screaming, "Just get away from me."

You know how when you catch that "perfect" bf/gf you feel so excited you can hardly stop thinking about it. You never thought you would land someone this beautiful, handsome, funny, wealthy, intelligent, sexy, whatever. & you overplay your hand & wreck it. You are tripping all over yourself to make time with them. They want time with you...but also time by themselves.

If you are falling all over your plants like that (I know it's hard not too, you are soooo excited) eventually, you are going to have an argument, in which case you come here to talk about it. & eventually, if you don't listen to your friends (us, in this scenario) your plants will break up with you.

Play it cool...if you have to...pretend not to care so much. The plants will love you even more for it.

Last edited:
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Wasn't really joking, just wanted to watch this thread and liked your post.:p

Junk

Junk

I have, more often than I can recount. From doing too many water changes on the aquarium to overfeeding/overwatering the plants, it's the number one most common mistake of newbies.

I was making (an obviously poor) joke about physical love making lol...

Everything I said above is due to exactly what you are saying. People overdoing it out of excitement. Patience, patience, patience.

Last edited:
Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Ok one more, delete it if you want since it doesnt really belong here, but it's a chart!
View attachment 537870
Thanks a bunch broham, I need all the help I can. The first plant came out great, but just a little problem with this one, lolol. I'm a young grower and everybody here has been great. Like Junk says patience, patience, patience. Many props to you Junk..... Peace Out

Top Bottom