The Charts--Helpful charts for making nutrient deficiency diagnoses

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

There's no such thing as a cal-mag deficiency.

I can't tell you everything that's wrong because you pulled the leaf from the plant. I can tell you what I guess and what I do see.

I DO see strong signs of spider mite infestation, that jumped out first. I see strong signs of strong P- as well. Finally, Ca-.
This is my buddies, he sent me pic's and asked me to put them up. I thought it was a calicum deficiency.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

The lighting is not that great. & I'm not going to venture a guess at this point.

Can you tell us what temps/humidity & light it was under? Also, where were those leaves located on the plant when you took them off? Or did they just fall off & you picked them up?

**Edit - A picture of the plant would be more helpful...in really good light. Sea maiden is good with this kind of thing

**Edit #2 - Speak of the devil & she will appear @Seamaiden ;)
I don't know what the temp or humidity is. These are my friends pic's and he asked me to put them up and see if someone could help him. I got my own grow going now. Sweet mango auto.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@Junk ....If I had to guess she said spidey mites bc in the very first pic of the green leaf it looks like, to me at least, like there are tons of tiny lil white dots on the leaf....not a 100% but I think thats why she said that....

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

@Junk ....If I had to guess she said spidey mites bc in the very first pic of the green leaf it looks like, to me at least, like there are tons of tiny lil white dots on the leaf....not a 100% but I think thats why she said that....
Could be, I'll have to go over his place and take the pic's myself. lolol. This is his first grow. Plus I think he's watering to much.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

There's no such thing as a cal-mag deficiency.

I can't tell you everything that's wrong because you pulled the leaf from the plant. I can tell you what I guess and what I do see.

I DO see strong signs of spider mite infestation, that jumped out first. I see strong signs of strong P- as well. Finally, Ca-.
I'm gonna go over his place and take pic's myself.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Could be, I'll have to go over his place and take the pic's myself. lolol. This is his first grow.
Woah! Watch out going over there bro...If it is spider mites or even if its just a possibility i would be extra careful going there or not go at all...those fuckers will get on you and you wont even know it, then in no time your own garden is fucked....if you do go I would bring an entire seperate change of clothes and also shower as soon as you get home before goin into your garden....I know it sounds like a lot of precaution but its deff worth it not to get those lil fuckers in your own garden

if you do go, make sure to take pics of the undersides of leaves too

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Woah! Watch out going over there bro...If it is spider mites or even if its just a possibility i would be extra careful going there or not go at all...those fuckers will get on you and you wont even know it, then in no time your own garden is fucked....if you do go I would bring an entire seperate change of clothes and also shower as soon as you get home before goin into your garden....I know it sounds like a lot of precaution but its deff worth it not to get those lil fuckers in your own garden

if you do go, make sure to take pics of the undersides of leaves too
Hey bro thanks for the tip!!! I will do that. I didn't know that those little suckers would jump onto me. lololol

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Very true that. Me personally I have a nice jumpsuit I wear it stays in the grow room getting washed after every use and this has helped me keep thrips and mites away along with the absolute stay in preventive sprays twice a week some times three or four using a different kind of killer every time I spray and alternate between two sets of four types every month this way the Lil bastards won't become immune to the sprays I do as this seems to be easily accomplished in the spiders as short as one week I have seen them become immune to it that's nit even enough to destroy the community at this ooint your already completely screwed must take drastic measures to the point of chemicals and the majority of growers don't want anything to do with the Chem side of things completely understandable.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can control the spread of mites by paying attention to the direction of handling, EG start with your most valuable plants first, while you're 100% clean (like your flowering ladies), then move onto your vegging cuts, then move onto your vegetables, then your flower garden.

After that, everything you're wearing should either be washed, or what I like to do, especially since I'm always wearing a hat, is to put everything in the freezer for 24hrs.

Also, pay attention to your shoes/feet. Either a change of shoes (I prefer Crocs, easy on/easy off, plus they're TOTALLY washable) or those shoe condoms the Directv technicians wear.
What brought you to that conclusion? (I'm genuinely asking, I've never had them inside)
The spotting all over the leaf. They present the same way inside as out. I treat the same way inside as out, isopropyl alcohol usually, sometimes JMS if I feel like mixing it up.
This is my buddies, he sent me pic's and asked me to put them up. I thought it was a calicum deficiency.
Ca and P, in my opinion. Strong on both. Given that, while I'm not the best person to discuss how to balance nutrients, I would give nutrient balance a good hard think. That along with pH ranges, because pH being out of range will lock out what they're being given.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Dont know if this was posted in full resolution here yet but I am far too lazy to check.
CannabisPoster4000.jpg

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

You can control the spread of mites by paying attention to the direction of handling, EG start with your most valuable plants first, while you're 100% clean (like your flowering ladies), then move onto your vegging cuts, then move onto your vegetables, then your flower garden.

After that, everything you're wearing should either be washed, or what I like to do, especially since I'm always wearing a hat, is to put everything in the freezer for 24hrs.

Also, pay attention to your shoes/feet. Either a change of shoes (I prefer Crocs, easy on/easy off, plus they're TOTALLY washable) or those shoe condoms the Directv technicians wear.

The spotting all over the leaf. They present the same way inside as out. I treat the same way inside as out, isopropyl alcohol usually, sometimes JMS if I feel like mixing it up.

Ca and P, in my opinion. Strong on both. Given that, while I'm not the best person to discuss how to balance nutrients, I would give nutrient balance a good hard think. That along with pH ranges, because pH being out of range will lock out what they're being given.
Hi @Seamaiden, here is a better pic of the leave. I went over my friends house and took some pic's. Hope they help. Didn't see no spider mites. Peace Out..
20160117 130459
20160117 130709
20160117 130635

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I can tell you from studying from the best in the world, this is garbage. Please don't listen to this anybody....... Please look into what a cation is and an anion is. What their relationships mean to each other. Then look back at these charts and laugh.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi @Seamaiden, here is a better pic of the leave. I went over my friends house and took some pic's. Hope they help. Didn't see no spider mites. Peace Out..View attachment 565355 View attachment 565356 View attachment 565357
Hi New,

You guys need to look much more closely. I see strong signs of spider mites. Use something for magnification. I see stippling on most of the leaves that is indicative of spider mites, strongly in fact.

Those plants have a few issues going on, to me it almost looks like concurrent Ca- and K- in the same leaf, but in my experience that can't happen right on top of each other. I also see strong signs of P- as well. I'm not sure how I'd approach this lady right now, BUT, if she's not being fed Ca directly right now, that needs to start. Foliar application or root drench, either way she needs to get some laid down starting months ago.

The K issue can be sorted relatively quickly, depending on how she's being grown. One of my favorite things to use for that is seaweed/kelp. The P issues can be sorted with bone meal (which, coincidentally, can also address Ca).

If pH isn't being monitored, that needs to start. I don't recall you discussing how she's being fed or anything else like that. But it's kind of you to help your friend! :)

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Hi New,

You guys need to look much more closely. I see strong signs of spider mites. Use something for magnification. I see stippling on most of the leaves that is indicative of spider mites, strongly in fact.

Those plants have a few issues going on, to me it almost looks like concurrent Ca- and K- in the same leaf, but in my experience that can't happen right on top of each other. I also see strong signs of P- as well. I'm not sure how I'd approach this lady right now, BUT, if she's not being fed Ca directly right now, that needs to start. Foliar application or root drench, either way she needs to get some laid down starting months ago.

The K issue can be sorted relatively quickly, depending on how she's being grown. One of my favorite things to use for that is seaweed/kelp. The P issues can be sorted with bone meal (which, coincidentally, can also address Ca).

If pH isn't being monitored, that needs to start. I don't recall you discussing how she's being fed or anything else like that. But it's kind of you to help your friend! :)
Thanks a bunch @Seamaiden, I've told him what to use and he has a problem with listening. lolol. I give him Calimagic from general hydroponics and told him how much to use it but he insists on doing it his way. So I guess I'm walking away from it. He also waters to much. I told him to do the bucket weight thing. When it gets light water. He has a mind of his own. lolol.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm not surprised. You know the old sayin', you can lead a horse to water...

It sounds like you've done your level best, ain't nothin' more you can do. What'll be fun is the day he comes to ask. In the meantime, if you're sensitive to bugulars at all, I wouldn't smoke his reefer. If you want extra protein, eat it.

Top Bottom