The Feds Are Looking Into Colorado’s Weed Black Market

• Thread starter SpiderK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
scoop

scoop

So has anyone torn down yet in fear? Pfffft. I didn't think so.

The fact of the matter is that ALL weed is Black Market weed to the FED.

IF they come they will start where the cash/assests are and with those folks who are licensed and who have offered, freely, all of their personal and business information. These are the same folks who have paid taxes to the FED...proving without a doubt that they are indeed, openly manufacturing, selling, and profiting from this plant. Dispensary owners, off premise growers, edible manufacturers/etc.etc.etc. It could be the easiest seizures/busts they ever made. There's certainly no hiding for those folks. They're asses are all hanging out...big time. Seize their shop/grow/assests....issue the Federal warrant...and send 'em a letter telling them they need to turn themselves in. They won't even need cuffs for this one.

Whether they have the manpower and funding to case/detect/prosecute smaller grows is the key for many of us. Those folks who were growing before the laws changed know what a crap shoot it truly is. Many grows in the old days weren't detected by good Barney's, they were detected via incidents like domestics that bring the cops to the house for other reasons.

I see it this way. As long as the State itself doesn't take away our right to grow altogether...we have an extra layer of protection we never had in the old days. Back then it WAS the state (or County "Drug Task Force") coming in most instances. Since ALL growing was illegal they could make a case on any/all situations they decided to pursue.

Today....as long as 21 and overs can grow here...neither the State or the FED are going to waste their time going door-to-door counting plants. I don't even think they'd waste their time if we didn't have the right to grow. Remember the 90's? Yes...they came here and there....but many, many folks played and were never detected. Many who were were found out were found out due to "other" reasons for the cops coming to visit. Nothing will change on that front as long as there is money to be made....and the State and the "industry" have sealed that deal forever because THEY want to make money. Keep the cash in it....and folks >will< play. I know I can't afford to shop in the stores for my daily usages and I know many others who feel the same way. As a result, folks are gonna take care of each other outside of the approved tax scheme.

Either way, it will be interesting to see if they do anything about any of it. The more States that come online, the harder it is going to be to act in any capacity whatsoever.

best of luck to all. Watch yer six and plant another row.......

SpiderK

SpiderK

the guys with the drones are not looking for small growers.

indeed. those people have no worries ...... it the guys / girls selling across borders and how that activity continues under the latest and greatest technology.

again. good luck. loose lips sink ships. keep those phones on " lock " because they are " sweeping up " voice data at all locations under watch. see, this is how technology / spying works in 2017. They not only can cover 25 mile wide area with camera ( that can be searched after the fact , rewinding video, tracking cars ect ..... ) they can pull all voices from digital microphones at the same time from that the same spot.

and everyone and their mother including Sessions understands the production in Colo far, far, far exceed local demand.

and they do not need hundreds of agents. technology does the leg work for them.

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

they can set parameters for searching a video into the past.

and they can pick out a car and within the video the program searches and provides the location of that single car as it moves about , a visual history log. within a 25 mile area. searchable , real time information. ....

so i would assume when they lay the thermo technology within this ( and yes they are mixing technologies now like voice onto these video capabilities ). so having this program " search " for only heat signature parameters that they create, like the guys from buzzfeed created parameters for search within a modeling program it works the same way " filtering " out noise, thus limiting agents and time needed ......

then providing location with heat signature " excess " .... then they weed out the legit businesses ...

SpiderK

SpiderK

1.8 Billion MegaPix/ Stores 5 million hours of video per day.

All the " Big Dogs " holding ground against this ? Good luck .... never ever forget the number one rule is tell nobody. But " everybody " understands lots of Dawg's running wild and the number one rule has been broken' And do you think they are showing us the true image quality ??? And if they show us this, what is under testing as this was from 2013, getting old in the tooth.
F961b9a625003481ddef799998fd5d90  george orwell quotes random quotes

The end result, as you can see in the (awesome) video above, is a mosaic that can be arbitrarily zoomed. In the video, a BAE engineer zooms in from 17,500 feet to show a man standing in a parking lot doing some exercises. A white speck is a bird flying around. You can’t quite make out facial features or license plates (phew), but I wonder if that would be possible if ARGUS was used at a lower altitude (during a riot, say).

ARGUS’s insane resolution is only half of the story, though. It isn’t all that hard to strap a bunch of sensors together, after all. The hard bit, according to the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), is the processing of all that image data. 1.8 billion pixels, at 12 fps, generates on the order of 600 gigabits per second. This equates to around 6 petabytes — or 6,000 terabytes — of video data per day. From what we can gather, some of the processing is done within ARGUS (or the drone that carries it), but most of the processing is done on the ground, in near-real-time, using a beefy supercomputer. We’re not entirely sure how such massive amounts of data are transmitted wirelessly, unless DARPA is waiting for its 100Gbps wireless tech to come to fruition.

The software, called Persistics after the concept of persistent ISR — intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance — is tasked with identifying objects on the ground, and then tracking them indefinitely. As you can see in the video, Persistics draws a colored box around humans, cars, and other objects of interest. These objects are then tracked by the software — and as you can imagine, tracking thousands of moving objects across a 10-square-mile zone is a fairly intensive task. The end user can view up to 65 tracking windows at one time. The original goal was to deploy ARGUS in Afghanistan, but that never came to pass. It isn’t entirely clear what ARGUS’s future is; it was meant to be mounted on Boeing’s high-altitude A160 Hummingbird helicopter (pictured right), but the chopper has since been scrapped. If ARGUS is to be deployed, it will most likely be strapped to the underbelly of a Predator drone. Where it will be used, however, with the war in Afghanistan apparently winding down, is another question entirely. Its efficacy in a military setting would be unsurpassed, but it’s easy to imagine how ARGUS could be used here at home in the US, too.

Last edited:
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Heat signature from generators or air conditioning units in the woods , lighting watching traffic, phones .... Lets hope people on black market doing the big stuff have real good luck moving forward, they will need it ...
Now that you mention it, my hikes in the mountains are regularly interrupted by those damn generators, but the outdoor air conditioning really helps mid-day just below timberline. Thanks for the heads up.
So has anyone torn down yet in fear? Pfffft. I didn't think so.

The fact of the matter is that ALL weed is Black Market weed to the FED.

IF they come they will start where the cash/assests are and with those folks who are licensed and who have offered, freely, all of their personal and business information. These are the same folks who have paid taxes to the FED...proving without a doubt that they are indeed, openly manufacturing, selling, and profiting from this plant. Dispensary owners, off premise growers, edible manufacturers/etc.etc.etc. It could be the easiest seizures/busts they ever made. There's certainly no hiding for those folks. They're asses are all hanging out...big time. Seize their shop/grow/assests....issue the Federal warrant...and send 'em a letter telling them they need to turn themselves in. They won't even need cuffs for this one.

Whether they have the manpower and funding to case/detect/prosecute smaller grows is the key for many of us. Those folks who were growing before the laws changed know what a crap shoot it truly is. Many grows in the old days weren't detected by good Barney's, they were detected via incidents like domestics that bring the cops to the house for other reasons.

I see it this way. As long as the State itself doesn't take away our right to grow altogether...we have an extra layer of protection we never had in the old days. Back then it WAS the state (or County "Drug Task Force") coming in most instances. Since ALL growing was illegal they could make a case on any/all situations they decided to pursue.

Today....as long as 21 and overs can grow here...neither the State or the FED are going to waste their time going door-to-door counting plants. I don't even think they'd waste their time if we didn't have the right to grow. Remember the 90's? Yes...they came here and there....but many, many folks played and were never detected. Many who were were found out were found out due to "other" reasons for the cops coming to visit. Nothing will change on that front as long as there is money to be made....and the State and the "industry" have sealed that deal forever because THEY want to make money. Keep the cash in it....and folks >will< play. I know I can't afford to shop in the stores for my daily usages and I know many others who feel the same way. As a result, folks are gonna take care of each other outside of the approved tax scheme.

Either way, it will be interesting to see if they do anything about any of it. The more States that come online, the harder it is going to be to act in any capacity whatsoever.

best of luck to all. Watch yer six and plant another row.......
Didn't MMC's also sign away their power of attorney? Profit now and lube later?

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

1.8 Billion MegaPix/ Stores 5 million hours of video per day.

All the " Big Dogs " holding ground against this ? Good luck .... never ever forget the number one rule is tell nobody. But " everybody " understands lots of Dawg's running wild and the number one rule has been broken' And do you think they are showing us the true image quality ??? And if they show us this, what is under testing as this was from 2013, getting old in the tooth.
View attachment 728433
The end result, as you can see in the (awesome) video above, is a mosaic that can be arbitrarily zoomed. In the video, a BAE engineer zooms in from 17,500 feet to show a man standing in a parking lot doing some exercises. A white speck is a bird flying around. You can’t quite make out facial features or license plates (phew), but I wonder if that would be possible if ARGUS was used at a lower altitude (during a riot, say).

ARGUS’s insane resolution is only half of the story, though. It isn’t all that hard to strap a bunch of sensors together, after all. The hard bit, according to the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), is the processing of all that image data. 1.8 billion pixels, at 12 fps, generates on the order of 600 gigabits per second. This equates to around 6 petabytes — or 6,000 terabytes — of video data per day. From what we can gather, some of the processing is done within ARGUS (or the drone that carries it), but most of the processing is done on the ground, in near-real-time, using a beefy supercomputer. We’re not entirely sure how such massive amounts of data are transmitted wirelessly, unless DARPA is waiting for its 100Gbps wireless tech to come to fruition.

The software, called Persistics after the concept of persistent ISR — intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance — is tasked with identifying objects on the ground, and then tracking them indefinitely. As you can see in the video, Persistics draws a colored box around humans, cars, and other objects of interest. These objects are then tracked by the software — and as you can imagine, tracking thousands of moving objects across a 10-square-mile zone is a fairly intensive task. The end user can view up to 65 tracking windows at one time. The original goal was to deploy ARGUS in Afghanistan, but that never came to pass. It isn’t entirely clear what ARGUS’s future is; it was meant to be mounted on Boeing’s high-altitude A160 Hummingbird helicopter (pictured right), but the chopper has since been scrapped. If ARGUS is to be deployed, it will most likely be strapped to the underbelly of a Predator drone. Where it will be used, however, with the war in Afghanistan apparently winding down, is another question entirely. Its efficacy in a military setting would be unsurpassed, but it’s easy to imagine how ARGUS could be used here at home in the US, too.

I really have no issue with any of this. If everyone followed the rules(within reason), they would have no problems either.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Indeed.

Within the Cole meme' NO BLACK MARKET EXPORTS. So really what could lil' higgybottom say when Sessions brings up this massive multi giga' ton export market'.....

So now it will be smashed. And everyone understands colo cops can't stop it, thus the drones already payed by the us military get called in for service. . Lots of drone pilots sitting around doing nothing already on government / contractors dime'

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

So if a couple guys can do this i wonder what the pro's can muster ???????? And this does indeed show that the drone's 25 mile wide eye is also viewing everything in infra-red / night vision. Then tracks them indefinitely. Wonder what location they are testing the glider that stays up for three years ???

Thieves using heat-detecting £60 drones bought from supermarkets to spot cannabis farms - then break in to steal the drugs

Criminals are using cheap kit bought from supermarkets to build heat seeking drones they can use to track down cannabis farms to rob. Tech-savvy thieves are buying drones for as little as £60 from supermarkets such as Tesco and attaching infra-red cameras to them, which they can monitor via an iPad. By flying the modified drones over houses, they can locate the drug dens, as cannabis farms produce a large amount of heat, due to the huge hydroponic heat and light required to grow the plants. Burglars are then breaking in to the premises and stealing the crop to sell on the streets.

Any digital camera has the potential to film in infra-red, it's a simple task of replacing basic components, meaning it is becoming both easier and cheaper for criminals to obtain heat-detecting technology.

Yesterday, Labour MP Tom Watson, who is the chairman of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Drones, said: 'This is remarkable and shows the proliferation of drone technology which can be used for both good and bad. 'It is no surprise enterprising criminals would want to get the upper hand in the criminal underworld by using drones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...is-farms-break-steal-drugs.html#ixzz4pMqfiawh

Last edited:
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

So if a couple guys can do this i wonder what the pro's can muster ???????? And this does indeed show that the drone's 25 mile wide eye is also viewing everything in infra-red / night vision. Then tracks them indefinitely. Wonder what location they are testing the glider that stays up for three years ???

Thieves using heat-detecting £60 drones bought from supermarkets to spot cannabis farms - then break in to steal the drugs

Criminals are using cheap kit bought from supermarkets to build heat seeking drones they can use to track down cannabis farms to rob. Tech-savvy thieves are buying drones for as little as £60 from supermarkets such as Tesco and attaching infra-red cameras to them, which they can monitor via an iPad. By flying the modified drones over houses, they can locate the drug dens, as cannabis farms produce a large amount of heat, due to the huge hydroponic heat and light required to grow the plants. Burglars are then breaking in to the premises and stealing the crop to sell on the streets.

Any digital camera has the potential to film in infra-red, it's a simple task of replacing basic components, meaning it is becoming both easier and cheaper for criminals to obtain heat-detecting technology.

Yesterday, Labour MP Tom Watson, who is the chairman of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Drones, said: 'This is remarkable and shows the proliferation of drone technology which can be used for both good and bad. 'It is no surprise enterprising criminals would want to get the upper hand in the criminal underworld by using drones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...is-farms-break-steal-drugs.html#ixzz4pMqfiawh
How often do you think or would you guess this is happening in the states?

SpiderK

SpiderK

I have no idea. The buzzfeed article shows multiple flights and mentions Denver.

But once the technology is produced after R&D and the drones are payed for the cost moving forward is minimal in the overall spending. And the local government's can " ask " for this help then it's provided thus sidestepping the general warrants. And seeing it goes along with Cole Memo requirements ( or the failure of requirement ) / the projection on how or when or how much usage is really infinite.

Like regulations, this is all used for control.

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

Can someone tell me how they are moving tera bytes, 6 petabytes daily of info's wirelessly ...... ??? Any quantum physic guys in the house ?? In real - time. This is space age 50 year out shit ~

Shows a couple things. One people have no clue how far advanced these guys are , number two ..... You have no clue what can or can't happen regarding technology. They are tracking everything and can rewind then set tracking parameters ??? Who knew.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I have no idea. The buzzfeed article shows multiple flights and mentions Denver.

But once the technology is produced after R&D and the drones are payed for the cost moving forward is minimal in the overall spending. And the local government's can " ask " for this help then it's provided thus sidestepping the general warrants. And seeing it goes along with Cole Memo requirements ( or the failure of requirement ) / the projection on how or when or how much usage is really infinite.
Perhaps, again with occam's razor, that's because Pilatus planes are manufactured in Denver. I know it doesn't jive with your agenda but that's my guess. Those planes are also used for training and to combat wildfires, again explaining why they'd be buzzing around the mountains, but your guess is as good as mine. I won't get into the issues I see in the buzzfeed article you linked. You ignored my post yesterday and I assume you'll do the same moving forward- it's much easier to deal in generalities, specifics and accuracy can get a little bit dicey with subject matters like this.

I'm curious, did you hear about this?
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/09/politics/us-cuba-acoustic-attack-embassy/index.html

edit
Can someone tell me how they are moving tera bytes, 6 petabytes daily of info's wirelessly ...... ??? Any quantum physic guys in the house ?? In real - time. This is space age 50 year out shit ~

Shows a couple things. One people have no clue how far advanced these guys are , number two ..... You have no clue what can or can't happen regarding technology.
It's either space age shit we don't know about, or it's inaccurate. I too, share your question of how they can get that much data transmitted wirelessly, and how they analyze it etc. DARPA's advanced wireless technology is nowhere close to coming online yet. Do you think they are going to put these on drones since they scrapped the helo?

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

So it's just training ....

You understand the Cole memo requirements regarding exporting ? And you fully understand how " laughably " this has been enforced ?

Thus the concept of Sessions and .gov doing something about it ...?

And if you read the entire BuzzFeed article, its a well worn tired task of issuing disinformation when someone looks into drone / spying. Its not good if you talk about it ... better if you say its training.

And many states have many airports / bases used for training. Kinda convenient " built in " excuse'

Last edited:
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Man oh man no matter whats up things sure have changed since the 70s.
Back then we would get daily fly overs. good old San Mateo county sheriff in helicopter circling our backyard as we huffed away in the cover of redwood trees...

SpiderK

SpiderK

And how does the CIA move drugs / Iran-Conta affair take place without said government breaking the rules ?

SpiderK

SpiderK

Man oh man no matter whats up things sure have changed since the 70s.
Back then we would get daily fly overs. good old San Mateo county sheriff in helicopter circling our backyard as we huffed away in the cover of redwood trees...

Yupppppppppp.... Not in Kansas anymore Toto'

And just wait Chick', wait till digital currency totally crushes the rest of the black market.

Is total Dystopia that far off or the concept is that hard to believe anymore ? Very sad. But those that suck the tit' of ole' big government and depend on it are still sitting with heads in sand ..... " just, hoping for the best " because its all they got.

SpiderK

SpiderK

I know the answer before i asked it ...

. just ending the double speak before it starts by crushing said grey area in one statement.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I'm just glad I never registered or got a med script. No point winding up on the radar of any organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom