The Magic Bullet

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have been playing with my foliars for a bit, and I wanted to share with everyone my current blend, which has been rocking the house over here.

I call it the magic bullet. Follow the hyperlinks embedded in the words for more info.

THE MAGIC BULLET:

I strain 1/2 gallon of tea with root pack and foliar pack in to a 1 gallon tank sprayer and fill up to the gallon mark with dechlorinated tap water. I use this filter with a big blue housing to dechlorinate my tap.

I then add to the sprayer:

1 oz of growmore kelp SHAKE UP SPRAYER AT THIS TIME TO MIX KELP
1 tsp of Ca25

Shake up the sprayer for a minute to mix it all up.

I use this solution to soak all the plants from cutting to week 3 of bloom. I do not pH it. It is pretty much neutral.

This is a game changer. 1x per week be consistent.

Cheers,

Cap

ttystikk

ttystikk

So I'm guessing that between the Ca-25 with triacontanol and the bennies it really kicks growth up a notch!

What does the kelp do for things?

Mogrow

Mogrow

right on Cap, i'm hooked on folairs. so many things to use. i've gone on the dynamic nutrient accumulators bandwagon. comfrey, watercress, dandelion, stinging nettle, the plants love "em. these could put the nute companies out of business.
still need to get some ca25, but damn it's expensive, stuff i use is free and growing all around me.
finally got my order in with you, it was a breeze, nice functional site.
peace mogrow

tweedy

tweedy

Micros, potash and unspecified enzymes, according to the article. PGRs?

If it works, that's what matters, I guess. Have you done any side by sides to see if the kelp is adding anything?
I have done some side by sides. Side branching gets a lot heavier and nodal spacing seems to shorten significantly. Makes for a nice big healthy starting point for good sized buds.

green punk

green punk

Hey Cap, are you using the Vegetables and Ornamentals version of Ca25?

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Cap, from their website:
There are five Calcium-25 products: Calcium-25 for Field Corn, Calcium-25 for Soybeans, Sorghum & Alfalfa (also for small grains and pasture), Calcium-25 for Wheat & Rice, Calcium-25 for Vegetables & Ornamentals (also for cotton, peanuts, tobacco, and grapes), and Calcium-25 for Apples & Fruit Trees (all are OMRI listed!).

Which one r u using? And if you dont mind,why that paticular formula?

Confu.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
ok jus saw your last post, why is veggie and ornamentals better than say field corn, or their other products? jus curious if their is more info on what exactly is in each product.

confu.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
jus some quik digging thru their website found this. Def not tring to troll ur thread, jus trying to wrap my head around what makes this superior and why. Ineed to get to foilaring again and im wondering how much better this will be than the nitrozyme/fullpower recipe.
As always i appreciate your input and experiences.

12. I use a fish emulsion foliar product or seaweed product in my foliar feeding program. Can I mix Calcium-25 with these products?
NO! Mixing these types of products with Calcium-25 products will cause certain amounts of the free calcium ion present in the solution, necessary for activity, to be complexed (or chelated), or even cause the calcium to precipitate out of solution, so it won’t be available for the Calcium-25 to have effect. But - Using these products a day or so after using Calcium-25 can make them both work better for even higher increases in yield, quality, and profit!!!

confu

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have done some side by sides. Side branching gets a lot heavier and nodal spacing seems to shorten significantly. Makes for a nice big healthy starting point for good sized buds.

Beauty! Love it when someone steps up and drops the details like that. Props, Tweedy! I'm going to scrounge around for some kelp and give this a go, myself!

ttystikk

ttystikk

For those who don't want to buy their triacontanol and have access to alfalfa in fresh or pellet form, you can do your own 'extraction' by using calcium nitrate and heating the alfalfa in water. The ca-25 will be easier and more convenient to use, but I've taken advantage of the wild alfalfa growing near my house to good effect.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
jus some quik digging thru their website found this. Def not tring to troll ur thread, jus trying to wrap my head around what makes this superior and why. Ineed to get to foilaring again and im wondering how much better this will be than the nitrozyme/fullpower recipe.
As always i appreciate your input and experiences.

12. I use a fish emulsion foliar product or seaweed product in my foliar feeding program. Can I mix Calcium-25 with these products?
NO! Mixing these types of products with Calcium-25 products will cause certain amounts of the free calcium ion present in the solution, necessary for activity, to be complexed (or chelated), or even cause the calcium to precipitate out of solution, so it won’t be available for the Calcium-25 to have effect. But - Using these products a day or so after using Calcium-25 can make them both work better for even higher increases in yield, quality, and profit!!!

confu

good find. I never noticed any lockout.. I do not use fish emulsion, but what they are saying makes sense, since Ca can fall out of solution if mixed with concentrated nutes (P, Mg).. I add in this order: bennies, water, kelp (not much), and then mix, then add Ca25, then mix again. Plus this is in a one gallon solution.

Maybe they are just covering their bases, andcertainly spraying them on alternate days is going to be effective. I am lazy though...

I called them and talked to them when I first ordered. They recommended Ca25 for veggies, so that's what I got. I honestly do not know the difference . There may not even be one since lots of companies market the same product for lots of different things. Neem oil is a perfect example. On the same shelf you can have rose spray, fruit and nut spray, veggie spray, ornamental spray... and if you look at the active ingredient: neem oil that's it. LOL. That's marketing for you.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
good find. I never noticed any lockout.. I do not use fish emulsion, but what they are saying makes sense, since Ca can fall out of solution if mixed with concentrated nutes (P, Mg).. I add in this order: bennies, water, kelp (not much), and then mix, then add Ca25, then mix again. Plus this is in a one gallon solution.

Maybe they are just covering their bases, andcertainly spraying them on alternate days is going to be effective. I am lazy though...

I called them and talked to them when I first ordered. They recommended Ca25 for veggies, so that's what I got. I honestly do not know the difference . There may not even be one since lots of companies market the same product for lots of different things. Neem oil is a perfect example. On the same shelf you can have rose spray, fruit and nut spray, veggie spray, ornamental spray... and if you look at the active ingredient: neem oil that's it. LOL. That's marketing for you.

Right on dude, im jus gonna follow your lead on this. I ordered some today aswell as that hella cheap(price wise) kelp. thanks man, Ive seen ur trees and well, the proof is in the pudding, I also cant always expalin the science of certain products i use but if they wrk they wrk.

Confu

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I, too, have the veggies & ornamentals version, and I've been wracking my brain trying to remember why I chose that particular version, and hell if I can tell ya! That said, I don't recall that warning in the instructions on the label, and I've used it with dry hydrolized fish and liquid kelp, I'll have to revisit those instructions.

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

Good Lookin out folks. Ill try a side by side here in the near future myself.

PnL

Top Bottom