The Magic Bullet

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I was looking at the Ca-25 label and it says not to use surfactants with it? If I add sea green to my tea will the liquid yucca in it cause any problems? I tried emailing them but haven't gotten a response. Also I've been spraying Ca-25 one day, epsom salt/ kelp the next day. No need for Cal-Mag anymore!!! Gotta love products that the instructions are by the acre..

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Thanks Herb. I've just been adjusting my PH and adding nothing but Ca-25 one night and then the next night giving them a nutrient rich foliar, a mixture of Caps tea with alfalfa and Sea Green added at the end. Growth is shiny plastic green, and my stems look extra green this round, not a touch of red or purple anywhere.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thanks Herb. I've just been adjusting my PH and adding nothing but Ca-25 one night and then the next night giving them a nutrient rich foliar, a mixture of Caps tea with alfalfa and Sea Green added at the end. Growth is shiny plastic green, and my stems look extra green this round, not a touch of red or purple anywhere.

What is Sea Green and is it anything like Green Sand? Would it be useful to add to RDWC or is it insoluble?

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I wouldn't use it in a RDWC Ty. The stuff foams up like crazy and makes a big mess when hit with an air stone or mixed. I'm sure it's because of the Yucca in the mix. I wish it didn't, id love to run it in my UC.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I wouldn't use it in a RDWC Ty. The stuff foams up like crazy and makes a big mess when hit with an air stone or mixed. I'm sure it's because of the Yucca in the mix. I wish it didn't, id love to run it in my UC.

Funny you should say that, I just got the foam from extreme serene, by roots organics. It foamed for about a day, then slowed down. It did make my girls a lot happier!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

They have a new hydro version specifically for RDWC/DWC. Saw it at the indoor garden expo yesterday.

hahah and yes it's because of the yucca. They took out the yucca so it won't foam.

ttystikk

ttystikk

That I do not know as they list it as a fertilizer and not a bio product, so they keep all their species a secret.

You sound familiar with Greensand, as well. Do you think it has potential as an RDWC nutrient?

ttystikk

ttystikk

FWIW, Extreme Serene from Roots Organic is working quite well in my veg ebb n flood table and in the veg RDWC. I would recommend no more than maybe 3-5ml per gallon, because it likes to FOAM!

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Greensand is used as a soil amendment Ty and it takes almost 5 years before it begins to break down and give your plant mineral supplements. Wouldn't recommend using it unless you recycle soil for ages. Ya Cap I almost bought that version and noticed the different label a few weeks back, now I know what it is.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Greensand is used as a soil amendment Ty and it takes almost 5 years before it begins to break down and give your plant mineral supplements. Wouldn't recommend using it unless you recycle soil for ages. Ya Cap I almost bought that version and noticed the different label a few weeks back, now I know what it is.

Thanks for the explanation! I'm intrigued by the organic possibilities of RDWC hydroponics and one aspect of this is finding and trying select supplements that seem like they might add something or be an organic substitute for a chemical nutrient.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

If you want a good mineral supplement with calcium, magnesium and iron. Id recommend a foliar of soft rock dust at 1 tsp a liter. Most rock dusts and mineral supplements aren't completely organic, but beneficial bacteria love to eat this stuff up and secrete organic Nitrogen onto your leaves. Got some soft rock dust free last time I ordered some Agrowinn Worm castings.

ttystikk

ttystikk

If you want a good mineral supplement with calcium, magnesium and iron. Id recommend a foliar of soft rock dust at 1 tsp a liter. Most rock dusts and mineral supplements aren't completely organic, but beneficial bacteria love to eat this stuff up and secrete organic Nitrogen onto your leaves. Got some soft rock dust free last time I ordered some Agrowinn Worm castings.

This won't work in RDWC, because rock dust isn't water soluble. An organic, vegan AND water soluble choice is Mineral Matrix, from Bio-Genesis. I use 1-2ml/gal from early veg through mid bloom.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

That's why I said to apply the rock dust as a foliar at 1 tsp per liter, not into your RDWC. It's a good source of Ca, Mg, and Iron and other trace minerals. Id recommend an organic surfactant also like liquid yucca extract.

gliders420

gliders420

That's why I said to apply the rock dust as a foliar at 1 tsp per liter, not into your RDWC. It's a good source of Ca, Mg, and Iron and other trace minerals. Id recommend an organic surfactant also like liquid yucca extract.
How did your run turn out? I just read the whole thread and you said you were doing a side by side

Top Bottom