• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I am willing to bet it does have a super taste. Imo there is alot of sauce put on or in most product in todays game. I have made the live rosin, and it is super good, the down side is shelf life, and water content. Still very good though.

On to coffee. That cold brew is where its at.
It’s fantastic I’m not going to lie. It’s good for a week in the fridge after brew. I regret not spending extra for the big one. That one is about two large glasses of Coffee.

I don't think I have that kinda smarts for your kinda coffee...lol..looks complex
If you can weigh out Coffee water and count to 1 second intervals to get the drip time down your set!

K

kansabis

That would explain why the few times I've had cold brew it didn't seem much different. Sounds like I need to check this out more...thx for the info bro.
Most cold coffees are steeped hot before taken to cold, which makes them nothing special.
I brew with a Kyoto Japanese slow drip brewer:D My size unit takes 4-5 hours with cold water.
The result with the proper beans “I always use a naturally produced bean becaus they have a fruit forward profile” you get a highly aromatic cup of coffee that has pretty much zero acidity. It’s very tea like but a hundred times better.
I used this coffee, naturally produced but not ideal. I’m ordering some new coffees soon for the Kyoto.:smoking:

souf69

souf69

@souf69 do you have any input on a rosin press? What size and brand would be best for the live rosin.

I use to have a carver 20 ton, probably my favorite for sure. It was super pimp but very expensive. That squatcher thing only has one heat plate unless they updated their design, even then a couple geez is way to much foe rosin imo especially for that type.Buy a nice one so when you go to sell or whatever you do you still have your value, with a marketed rosin press resale value is just not there,if you really wanna make the live then you need a good press anyway. You need a good contant from 7 to 8.5 tons pressure, good pressure not some half grade chit. Carver, dake, baileigh will do well. Carver being the only one with four point as well as factory heating platens available. There is also a corkscrew type press which is stainless which is nice and I think less than a rack. Get a nice press and you can press low heat with high pressure. Best tasting is low temp like 160 to 167 at little over 7.9 tons pressure. Pressin at low temp causes a little loss of some cannabinoids but the terps are nice! If I press kief the hair straightener with all the bells and whistles and non bleach coffee filters at 190 or 195 degrees is
The best way. Another nice thing with big presses is you can press flower with no screen. Them dam screens cost to much and they burst. The fold you make has alot to do with that too.

Last edited:
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I use to have a carver 20 ton, probably my favorite for sure. It was super pimp but very expensive. That squatcher thing only has one heat plate unless they updated their design, even then a couple geez is way to much foe rosin imo especially for that type.Buy a nice one so when you go to sell or whatever you do you still have your value, with a marketed rosin press resale value is just not there,if you really wanna make the live then you need a good press anyway. You need a good contant from 7 to 8.5 tons pressure, good pressure not some half grade chit. Carver, dake, baileigh will do well. Carver being the only one with four point as well as factory heating platens available. There is also a corkscrew type press which is stainless which is nice and I think less than a rack. Get a nice press and you can press low heat with high pressure. Best tasting is low temp like 160 to 167 at little over 7.9 tons pressure. Pressin at low temp causes a little loss of some cannabinoids but the terps are nice! If I press kief the hair straightener with all the bells and whistles and non bleach coffee filters at 190 or 195 degrees is
The best way. Another nice thing with big presses is you can press flower with no screen. Them dam screens cost to much and they burst. The fold you make has alot to do with that too.
Can you link me to the carver corkscrew model?

souf69

souf69

Can you link me to the carver corkscrew model?
I believe the cork screw one is called rosinbomb. Carver does not make the corkscrew model. Just checked rosinbomb prices about 1800 for a new one, not the small one, that one is shit. The thing about carver is they are lab grade presses U.S. made.
heres the rbomb link.https://www.rosinbomb.com/?gclid=Cj...F8CJzOFEFP5npfd4iosPvMT83OAd4vJhoCPo4QAvD_BwE
And def stay away from pneumatic presses they are garbonzo.

These are nice if you want to buy a press seperately, but buy at least a 10 to 20 ton press. A nice new dake press can be had for $375 new free ship on ebay. These two together less than 8 hundo.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I believe the cork screw one is called rosinbomb. Carver does not make the corkscrew model. Just checked rosinbomb prices about 1800 for a new one, not the small one, that one is shit. The thing about carver is they are lab grade presses U.S. made.
heres the rbomb link.https://www.rosinbomb.com/?gclid=Cj...F8CJzOFEFP5npfd4iosPvMT83OAd4vJhoCPo4QAvD_BwE
And def stay away from pneumatic presses they are garbonzo.

These are nice if you want to buy a press seperately, but buy at least a 10 to 20 ton press. A nice new dake press can be had for $375 new free ship on ebay. These two together less than 8 hundo.
That rosin bomb for 1,800 sounds right up my alley. Is that all I would have to purchase?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
If you put something together hit me up, still love making it, but only for personal. That glue and mob smashed the best ive seen, maybe that manderine will shine like she does for you.
Ya I buy a lot of live products and I’m getting sick of spending the money I’d i can be doing rosin at home. I want if as clean and tasty as the green dot rosin I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom