TMV The final answer!

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
You must spread some rep around before giving it to Tobor the 8th Man...

Any time I have a problem with a plant I like to put them in partial shade for a day, then put them in full sun when they can handle it. This has always given me good results. I look forward to the summer when I can clone the shite out of my plants that are vegging for the fall harvest. Huge plants that throw the healthiest roots and leaves. Props to Tobor for taking this on!:clapping

Cheers,
Crom

E

ESK

I think Chemdog D has a mosaic virus not neseceraly tmv which is tobbaco mosaic virus. But hey who knows I'm just a dumb old farmer.lol

C

CAPO

I think Chemdog D has a mosaic virus not neseceraly tmv which is tobbaco mosaic virus. But hey who knows I'm just a dumb old farmer.lol

Maybe so ESK...but I have seen it expressed in their offspring...particularly from Raskal's White X's...where it will just be one leaf set and not the whole plant...if it was some kind of virus wouldn't it affect the whole plant?...and why does it not spread to other plants...even when they share a cloner?

opt1c

opt1c

Some plants turn purple. Some herm. Others just have jacked up leaves.

Reactions: s4v
C

cheech

Here's my crazy Chemdog D looking all fucked up in a good way - I think.

Medium has been a little over 2 ec for a couple weeks, but I saw some burn so flushed to 1.6 ec. Two of em are sucking a gallon of coco medium bone dry in 36 hours.

The small one in the flock rock wool I have is labeled white. I'm not sure if it's a Chemdog D or a white at this point.

Last plant is Chemdog #4. Had to back off the nutes with this one. Not going over 1.8 for a while. Not sure how to go about training her. OD had the same structure I think? Wanted to grow tall and lanky.

I saved 3 clones off the OD I threw out because I nute burned it and it just looked nothing like the kind of christmass tree plant I'm use to running - was worried about getting a low yield from it.

Here's what I've been running. Serious seeds chronic. Last pic.

DSCF0052
DSCF0053
DSCF0057
DSCF0058
DSCF0055
DSCF0063
DSCF0066
DSCF0047
C

cheech

Yo T. Here's my Chemdog D cheeta problem. Same plants as ^, just bigger and more outta control.

Feeding h&g coco. Still haven't folliared magic green. Gotta get on that.

But what happend is I nute burned them at 2.2 ec, backed way off, maybe too far off, and now I'm not sure where I'm at except I know the ec in the medium is 1.8 aboot.... When I backed off I brought it way down to 1.2 for a few days.

Pics are of the 3 big ones. My 3 little ones haven't been effected much. In fact, I posted one shot of the little one. It's the half green leaf half funky leaf... Really cool actually!

DSCF0143
DSCF0145
DSCF0146
DSCF0147
DSCF0149
DSCF0152
DSCF0151
DSCF0153
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
The green and yellow splotchy leaves are the normal wierd look of Chemdog D that will improve with what I told you in the PM. However, those bronze tan colored leaves are a different problem that I think is phosporus.

Instead of using grow formula use flower formula. I use Tiger Bloom. I also think yours is looking more like it needs some Mag more than Cal/mag. Use the Cal/mag but add some Epsom salts until things improve.

So mix up Tiger Bloom (or whatever flower fert you use), add 10 ml of Cal/Mag and 1 tsp Epsom salts and fert, fert, water until it gets better. It should get nicer in a week.

You could flush before giving it anything.

It is possible to get them to look almost normal but there is always a bit of splotchy which will not effect the buds at all IMHO.

C

cheech

Ok, floranova bloom with a bit of epson it is. I'll post the progress. Thanks for the advice.

Dusty Green

Dusty Green

was given a few clones today, one of them has this strange leaf pattern on a dozen or so fingers of random leaves. Each oddly colored leaf also bends in the direction of the strange color, and as u can see, some leaves are affected on both halves. (the little leaf)..

Lots of reading, I may have missed something...

should I cull it or let it grow??

Image1
S

SwampGrow

Here are the viruses that can infect cannabis -

At least five viruses cause problems in hemp: the hemp streak virus (HSV), alfalfa mosaic virus (AMV), cucumber mosaic virus (CMV), arabis mosaic virus (ArMV) and hemp mosaic virus (HMV)
(McPartland 1999).

http://www.druglibrary.org/olsen/hemp/IHA/iha03111.html

Viruses rarely kill Cannabis. They only exist and replicate in living plants. Viruses can, however, seriously reduce yields. Once acquired, they are nearly impossible to eradicate. Viruses invade all parts of plants. Pollen and seed infections transmit viruses to subsequent generations.
Five viral syndromes are described in the literature. In addition to these naturally-occurring infections, Hartowicz et al. (1971) screened 22 common plant viruses for their ability to infect wild hemp. Over half the viruses could infect Cannabis.

I see that there is a different test for each virus, so each test must be specific to that virus. There are 204 different tests...

{5A66C559-B3A6-42CC-BC08-487688816607}

I'm reseaching through all of this as well. I'm fairly convinced my seed came with whatever is going on. I'd just like to know what is so that I can figure out what to do.. i.e. take a nuke to my entire back yard or just let this grow and smoke it. Has anyone come across a place to SEND this in vs pick a specific test to run? There are too many mosaics out there to test for individually.

This is an amnesia haze AF at day 10 and week 6.

74 AHz mottling
10 days mottling

Latest posts

Top Bottom