TMV The final answer!

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
OK here you are primeform. The first pic is Chemdog D and it has been improved since I first cloned it. The second pic is The White which is earlier in treatment. The 3rd is Chemdog D x Original Haze which I haven't treated because there is only 2 leaves on 2 different branches that have it. The other leaves on the same branches and all the leaves on the 5 unaffected branches are absolutely perfect. There is nothing to treat. The White makes me think pathogen and the Chemdog D x O. Haze makes me think a genetic mutation.

You know of it turns out to be a genetic mutation in the Chemdog D this is going to hint that there could be Chemdog D in The White which I always kind of thought but never said because nobody else ever thought it.

I am testing these leaves now for TMV. Be back after supper and testing.

DSCN1395
DSCN1396
DSCN1397
P

primeform

yup thats exactly what the plant i have labeled as original diesel looks like. the ones labeled Chemdog D and Chemdog #4 look very close to each other and dont have any signs of this.

F

froggy

Have you heard of the bleach method?

I remember talking to someone about this and said that it works.
What you do is take cuttings as you normally would. Before you put them in the rooting medium you soak the cuts, completely submersing them in a diluted bleach solution (not sure what the ratio is). You leave them in the solution for 30 minutes, agitating the water during those 30 minutes. After 30 min then you just root your clones like you normally would.

From what I understand this method is supposed to completely sterilize your clones ridding it whatever diseases it may have like PM and TMV.

I've never tried this myself though. If any info that I've shared is wrong please correct me.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I will try the bleach method along with the aspirin spray. I bet it is 10% bleach solution because that is what the test company says to use to clean scissors if you use the same one to cut different leaves. That 10% kills the virus.

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

Hey tobor,
good for you with all negative test results. frankly i was surprized to find this thread on my search here.

if it is a virus of biological origin. i would say try using CS sprayed @ the 5-10 ppm only. if it clears up then you know. if it don't then it gives more credibility toward your genetics theory.

oh yeah i'd spray the cs in veg on clones that you just plan to test.it shouldn't turn it male at such low ppm's imho.

tracking the relation of Chemdog D to triangle i would say could start with the know creation of each strain & the ares it was created in.

411 on triangle kush says he don't want to discuss it's origins because it's starts flaming basically.
i say fuck the flamers and speak his peace.

i still suspect a white widow cut/cross after doing online image searches, yet, at this point i don't care much what it is lol. i'm just glad dude shared it with the community.

some folks who get gentics and tweak them don't always like to tell the real story. i saw recent HT article about that lemon skunk dude. who arjan of GH said he couldn't place ( as if he did not know of him) yet in the article a film existed that had arjan saying the original local of the lemon skunk which is inline with the Lemon Man's proclimations. just saying ...

The Joker

The Joker

Mine look nearly zebra striped. If it was TMV then all of my mothers would have it as it has been against them for several years. I get it to go away foliar feeding with EJ microblast or Kelp. In organics, it's still there, just a little less.

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

good 411 joker, will have to file that away for reference. thx.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Tobor, post #20, awesomeness in its whole approach. I can't hit you with my rep stick again, so, this.

I

InvisibleM

Here are the viruses that can infect cannabis -

At least five viruses cause problems in hemp: the hemp streak virus (HSV), alfalfa mosaic virus (AMV), cucumber mosaic virus (CMV), arabis mosaic virus (ArMV) and hemp mosaic virus (HMV)
(McPartland 1999).

http://www.druglibrary.org/olsen/hemp/IHA/iha03111.html

Viruses rarely kill Cannabis. They only exist and replicate in living plants. Viruses can, however, seriously reduce yields. Once acquired, they are nearly impossible to eradicate. Viruses invade all parts of plants. Pollen and seed infections transmit viruses to subsequent generations.
Five viral syndromes are described in the literature. In addition to these naturally-occurring infections, Hartowicz et al. (1971) screened 22 common plant viruses for their ability to infect wild hemp. Over half the viruses could infect Cannabis.

I see that there is a different test for each virus, so each test must be specific to that virus. There are 204 different tests...

https://orders.agdia.com/inventory.asp?CatId={5A66C559-B3A6-42CC-BC08-487688816607}

Illmind

Illmind

garden my friend it never goes completely i'm sure some leaf plucking is one of the components. the white isn't as bad and will fade once dialed but the d seems to just randomly throw those streakers. i think spicoli said a few weeks of good sunlight does wonders i plan on trying and i'll let u kno. my d looks very green and healthy in pics but bare eye its visible. i'm gonna clone some healthy tops without streaks and c if any diff.

C

CAPO

Hit em harder with the calmag, G I give em calmag before they even get real food..I work up to 10-15 ml/gal in veg...then when I see results I back off to 7-10 ml/gal...then I usually maintain 5-7 during flower and dropp it all-together at week 5...next round I'm gonna experiment with going 5 ml/gal until week 6...this works well for me pretty good...you may want to use a few Tbsp of epsom salts in addition to the cal/mag. I had a BigBud plant from seed that had the same problem as these cuts, but was worse...instead of the mottling I would get leaf decay that looked like deficiency...epsom salts cured that problem.

Congrats on your new cuts!:cool0010:

Illmind

Illmind

yup thats exactly what the plant i have labeled as original diesel looks like. the ones labeled Chemdog D and Chemdog #4 look very close to each other and dont have any signs of this.

sorry for double post but dude i think u may have it slightly twisted the Chemdog #4 and origi deez are structurally quit similar and the d leafs have that streaking affect, i've never seen it on the od or c4 just white and Chemdog D. so maybe mislabelled? if not sorry disregard post..

C

CAPO

I agree 100%^^^^^ I read that and I thought "mislabeling" too.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Word... Chemdog #4 and Original Diesel are very similar with robust growth, while the Chemdog D and The White have the mottled leaves if not fed enough and are a bit shorter in height... :thinking

C

CAPO

...then again...you might be reading the plants wrong too...the OD definitely does not have the same mottled leaf as the Chemdog D and White cuts...BUT it is a hungry hungry cut...eats tons of Nitrogen...so if ya got one that is a lil stressed from cloning...be patient and you'll see her bounce right back without the need for extra cal/mag..although she can def eat what the White and D can for sure.:)

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Capo has the correct theory. I agree with him on everything. Primeform you need to hit the OD and green it up. If it just doesn't go away very soon then you might have mixed up your cuts but I trust your girl. She didn't mix them up the OD is just hungry.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Here are the viruses that can infect cannabis -

At least five viruses cause problems in hemp: the hemp streak virus (HSV), alfalfa mosaic virus (AMV), cucumber mosaic virus (CMV), arabis mosaic virus (ArMV) and hemp mosaic virus (HMV)
(McPartland 1999).

http://www.druglibrary.org/olsen/hemp/IHA/iha03111.html

Viruses rarely kill Cannabis. They only exist and replicate in living plants. Viruses can, however, seriously reduce yields. Once acquired, they are nearly impossible to eradicate. Viruses invade all parts of plants. Pollen and seed infections transmit viruses to subsequent generations.
Five viral syndromes are described in the literature. In addition to these naturally-occurring infections, Hartowicz et al. (1971) screened 22 common plant viruses for their ability to infect wild hemp. Over half the viruses could infect Cannabis.

I see that there is a different test for each virus, so each test must be specific to that virus. There are 204 different tests...

https://orders.agdia.com/inventory.asp?CatId={5A66C559-B3A6-42CC-BC08-487688816607}

The TMV ImmunoStrip detects a variety of viruses from the tobamovirus group. Our experience shows that the test can detect the following: Cucumber green mottle mosaic virus (CGMMV), Kyuri green mottle mosaic virus, Odontoglossum rinspot virus (ORSV), Pepper mild mottle virus (PMMoV), Ribgrass mosaic virus (RMV), Streptocarpus flower break virus (SFBV), Sunhemp mosaic virus (SHMV), Tobacco mosaic virus including common strain (TMV and TMV-c), Tomato mosaic virus (ToMV). This test, however, is not a tobamovirus group test and was tested for its effectiveness at detecting TMV.

So it isn't cucumber mosaic virus (CMV). It isn't hemp streak virus because that is called the curly leaf virus and doesn't look the same. Alfalfa mosaic virus looks different on different types of plants but really doesn't look like it exception one plant it is slightly similar. It does not look like arabis mosaic virus (ArMV). It also does not look like hemp mosaic virus.

So the only possibility is Alfalfa mosaic virus wjich they don't have a strip test for. The test kit cost $400 because the smallest quantity you can get is for 98 tests. They have an expiration date too so it would be a waste to buy that when I think the probability is low that it is the one.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Robot Clone Invasion...

Many Thanks and Much Respect Buddy! These girls are hungry for CalMag and a transplant... :itwasntme
Robot Clones…
http://i1083.invalid.com/albums/j390/ShadyUnderCurrent/RobotClones1.jpg

From top to bottom and left to right are Chemdog #4, The White, Original Diesel, and Chemdog D ready for cuts and a transplant for the flip…
http://i1083.invalid.com/albums/j390/ShadyUnderCurrent/RobotClones0.jpg

Chemdog D
http://i1083.invalid.com/albums/j390/ShadyUnderCurrent/Chemdog D.jpg

The White…
http://i1083.invalid.com/albums/j390/ShadyUnderCurrent/TheWhite.jpg

Chemdog #4
http://i1083.invalid.com/albums/j390/ShadyUnderCurrent/Chemdog #4.jpg

Original “Daywrecker” Diesel…
http://i1083.invalid.com/albums/j390/ShadyUnderCurrent/OriginalDiesel.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom