Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

Thank @Tnelz ...i've asked tons of questions and have at time gotten a lil ahead of myself and really appreciate you being honest in saying slow your roll. I can never nor would I ever argue with any of you guys that have been growing 5 10 15 years especially since this is my first cycle, so again i wanna say THANK YOU to all you guys that help me out!!..now on to something i noticed a lil while ago when my lights came on..Not sure if you can really see it in the picture but it seems like the outer side of one top leaf point is becoming a lil shade lighter green. the rest of the plant looks normal and i was looking over those charts you guys were talking about earlier but nothing seemed quite like what this leaf is doing esp since its only one leaf, one point, and one side of the point..lemme know if i need better pics..please and thank you
First I want to be clear. Anyone can ask me anything at any time. I have no problem ever helping. I'd rather u ask than not ask. Also glad u understood what I was saying and in no way am I trying to discourage anyone from anything just pointing out simple although it may not seem it is actually better. Anyway that is a pH issues imo. Pretty sure u r in soil. It will Prolly work itself out. Off the top of my head I don't remember what ur feeding but could be any number of things. All of which will work themselves out. Not something I would worry about. K shows like that also plant not getting enough Cal with start that way to. Overfeeding can also start off like that. Do not worry about 1 leaf though. Lol. This is what u will learn. So long as ur new growth is green and happy u r fine. Most things will work themselves out in soil so rest easy for now. In a couple days if it gets worse I'll be able to give better advice but for now just pay attention to it but don't sweat it.

organix4207

organix4207

Couple things that will make things easier for u. Get yourself a bag of dolomite lime. I suggest getting crushed oyster shells but for some that's hard so dolomite will work. Add 2 teaspoons per gallon of medium. U will hear all types of dosages but when using lime imo a little less is better. Anyway mix it into ur medium before planting. This will take care of 3 very important things. It will keep ur pH balanced and buffered to the proper levels so u don't have to worry. It will also supply ur plant with all the Cal and mag it will need untill u transplant again. This 1 thing covers some very important bases. Good luck and positive vibes to all.
nu-grow have a really good dolomite lime chipped product I really like.
The chipped Dol lime becomes available much quicker than pellets I find.
1426978871301 2123293188

way2green

way2green

I am not familiar with that brand of lime but it doesnt matter......dolomite will correct or protect a heavy handed feeding session......we have all been to aggressive when feeding.....it is the nature of the beast
.....if a lil is good then more will be better.....I really get aggressive with nitrogen in veg and phosphorus in bloom. Lime is the great equalizer and just helps us when we have a heavy hand........again I will say I am no expert but once u find what works for u then u have

way2green

way2green

Very similar.....it is more of a fertilizer but has enough calcium to be extremely beneficial....... I have used it as a soil amendment but I still prefer to use lime if I am choosing between the two........still it is really good at jazzing up ur soil

way2green

way2green

sixstru 1436272 said:
Look at all the love and knowledge flowing in here,i just wanna give you guys a big group hug (no homo ) :D
karma is a beautiful thang,peace
Pie.......u lil sumbitch u
.........i love u bro but dont fuck with delae....i wanna see u stay around...lol

Tnelz

Tnelz

does crushed crab shell act the same as oyster shell?
No it doesn't. It brings more ppk and close to as much calcium but crab shell also brings chitin which in turn bring special types of bacteria chitinase which digest and make the crab available. They also do a great job at pest control. But as for regulating pH not in the same league. The oyster she'll will buffer pH add a ton of calcium as well as bring a ton of minerals to the table. Great replacement for lime. Hope that answers ur question. Both amazing amendments but bring many different things to ur medium.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

No it doesn't. It brings more ppk and close to as much calcium but crab shell also brings chitin which in turn bring special types of bacteria chitinase which digest and make the crab available. They also do a great job at pest control. But as for regulating pH not in the same league. The oyster she'll will buffer pH add a ton of calcium as well as bring a ton of minerals to the table. Great replacement for lime. Hope that answers ur question. Both amazing amendments but bring many different things to ur medium.
thank you sir

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Okay so my problems are getting worse. First here is some info. temps in my tent during lights on float right around 77 lights of are around 70 with the absolute coldest 68 but thats only been twice. RH has rose some and floats between 40 and 50 but sometimes after I water like 55 for a while. Ive take the temp of the leaves themselves with one of those ir thermometers and they are at 72...Now for issues...the water I have been using was consistently at around 5.8 every time i checked so...i stopped checking..big mistake...last night i checked for the fist time in over a week and for some reason it was like 7.8..Out of the 4 plants only the to larger ones are showing problems and from what i can tell two diff problems. Them largest "emdog' was the one showing color issues and now yellowing of a weird kind is on bottom fans top fans and new growth..also new growth seems to be growing out a lil twisted..:(:oops:...On the Purple trainwreck the top fan leaves are canoeing up and seem really sharp...the tallest part of the tallest plant is 18in away from the light fyi...i have been watering feeding no more then directed using NFTGs and the other day used BioWars Nute Root and Foliar in a water..haven't used anything else...Last night after noticing the pH i fixed it and tried to just run some plain clean water over them till about 15% run off thinking i would neutralize the pH or at least weaken what ever the prob is...Again yellow type spots and twisting only happening to largest plant and second largest plant has the canoeing..i checked the runoff last night after water and it was 5.6-5.9..if you need any more pics or info to help please let me know..Just noticing in some of the pics bc of lighting and flash it looks like leaves are pale yellow or pale green..they are not, except for affected spots leaves look a healthy green, to me at least. obvious but first cpl pics are of canueing then the other plant starts with the twisted new growth pic

IMG 20150322 0922571
IMG 20150322 0922411
IMG 20150322 0922341
IMG 20150322 0920461
IMG 20150322 0919341
IMG 20150322 0918571
IMG 20150322 0918351
IMG 20150322 0918201
IMG 20150322 0917541
bubbalova

bubbalova

What's your medium bud? I use my NFTG @ a range from 6 to 6.6 with soil. Looks like an issue mabey with nute uptake due to pH possibly. But Yea deffinetly bring her down after that man, we all have done it lol. Best part of organics is how forgiving she is.

sixstring

sixstring

have you done any foliar sprays recently.and whats the strain.as far as those leaf edges with a bit of odd growth or tacoing it can be strain related sometimes.but those few spots look to me like a bit of damage from maybe just foliar spray idk.the high ph could have done it,but they dont look bad to me and you fixed the ph so i think i would let em roll and just keep a better eye on your ph.they actually look better than my veggers so i prolly dont know what im talkin about lmao :)

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

What's your medium bud? I use my NFTG @ a range from 6 to 6.6 with soil. Looks like an issue mabey with nute uptake due to pH possibly. But Yea deffinetly bring her down after that man, we all have done it lol. Best part of organics is how forgiving she is.
Using FFOF 2 to 1 with Light Warrior with xtra EWC and Perlite

Top Bottom